BY CERAVE #9 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is a vital part of a daily skin care routine. It gently removes dirt, oil, and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It patented Mve formulation helps essential ingredients penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser gently removes dirt, oil and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It contains ceramides, naturally occurring components of the skin that play a key role in enhancing and restoring the skin's protective function. Also included are vital humectants and emollients to replenish and retain needed moisture. The unique ingredients in CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser help restore damaged skin and keep skin healthy. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is an ideal first-step in a daily skin care routine. With its patented Multivesicular Emulsion (Mve) formulation, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser helps restore and maintain the skin's natural protective function. Mve works by trapping ingredients within multi-layered vesicles that are slowly released, layer by layer throughout the day, penetrating deep into the skin to moisturize and nourish. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is non-comedogenic and non-irritating. Gender: Unisex. Age Group: Adult. see more...

Buy on Target
  • "I love ceravive it is the best facial cleanser i have sensitive skin and it is the only face wash i can use. I have Rosales so it is a great brand and doesn't burn and turn my face red i also love their face cream. Only face products i like" in 118 reviews
  • "This facial cleanser is amazing. It's smooth, hydrating, and rinses clean. It has ceramides and hyaluronic acid. It is recommended by dermatologists. It's affordable and comes in a pump that has never clogged on me. [product:cerave-hydrating-facial-cleanser-16-oz]" in 113 reviews
HAYLEY D.
BATTLE GROUND
One of the best products for my skin that I have found in my life. I have very sensitive/dry skin and often find that any cleanser with salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide in it will irritate my face and make any blemishes MUCH worse. I spent a lot of years trying different brands/types of cleanser that would work with my specific skin.. More than not my skin became dry, itchy, and would break out even more than before. NOT WITH THIS PRODUCT. With this product I have had absolutely zero negative effects. It has no scent, which is a good thing when you have sensitive skin, and is specifically made to keep your skin hydrated. I am on my second container and have no plans on trying any other facial cleanser other than this brand.
Ophelia J.
After getting a really bad sunburn this summer, I was in need of an ultra gentle and hydrating cleansers. I was weary of many brands that contained some form of microbeads / scrub but also a foam wasn't going to the trick either. CeraVe was recommended to me as it had all the qualities I was looking for.
I find it's thick enough to rub off my makeup, quite a bit can stretch a long way, and it feels uncomplicated and clean. It's a wonderful drugstore alternative to Glossier's Milky Jelly, the ingredients are nearly identical minus the rose scent, which I find preferential.

Alana S.
This cleanser is very hydrating. If you have dry skin you need it. Only negative is that it doesn’t take off your makeup. I use this occasionally in place of the cerave foaming wash when I notice my skin feeling dry in the winter. It makes my face feel fresh soft clean and hydrated but not oily which I really like. This is probably too heavy for me to use any other time other than during the cold winter on days my skin feels extra day. I know that this is great for people with dry skin types though. Very gentle effective and affordable.
Carly S.
Willowick, OH
This cleanser has made such a difference for my skin. I have both dry and dehydrated skin with other issues like eczema and psoriasis. Since I started using this about 2 weeks ago, my skin is no longer tight, dry or flaky. It also does not clog pores or cause breakouts, which I am prone to around my chin and on the side of my cheeks. It actually makes my skin look plump and hydrated, which has never happened for me. Combined with the daily facial lotion, it is ideal for anyone with this skin type to consider putting in their routine.
Adrian C.
Waxhaw
I like this when I didn’t think I would at first go. It doesn’t foam up like you’re used to with other cleansers. It’s just creamy (almost as if you’re rubbing a lotion on your face). Once you get over that, you’ll realize that it’s actually cleansing your face without any harsh dryness. I have oily skin, and this makes my skin hydrated without being even more oily. I find that if I use more hydrating skin care, my face has less of a reason to produce more oil. You get what I’m saying?! ;)
Amber S.
Waterbury, CT
My face is difficult...in the winter my skin gets horribly dry, and flakey. Yet, I am prone to acne. Other face washes either cause breakouts, or are not hydrating enough. This stuff is great. Gentle, but does the job. It doesn't burn, or leave my face red. Even removes makeup pretty well. It has a super creamy consistancy, which feels nice on your skin. The price is a little high for something you can find at Walmart, but so worth it! I recommend this brand to people all of the time!
Airy C.
Ellicott City, MD
I believe that this product would be good for someone with extremely dry skin and my sister has very very dry skin and it seems to work for her. However, for me I found this formula to just be way to greasy. I have combination sensitive skin. This made my skin so greasy and I think congested my pores because my face got so oily. I do not necessarily think that it is an allergic reaction to the product though. This cleanser is extremely gentle and I feel would even be good for people with eczema on the face. So I would reccomend to girls with very dry skin as this could be your holy grail however, for anyone else I would probably pass.
Lauren W.
Scranton
This is a great product! I have suffered with eczema on my face for a few years and have been on and off steroid creams, which aren’t great for your body. I wanted to get off them and I was able to with this face wash! It is so gentle and because it has ceramides in it, it’s even better for someone who has dry skin or eczema. It also doesn’t have any harsh chemicals or scents. I have been repurchasing this item and will continue to do so because it’s life changing.
Brooke H.
Bakersfield, CA
I recently started using this cleanser because I bought myself a handheld rotating facial device, like a Clarisonic. I find it it's very gentle, and my face feels great after using it. My face feels very clean afterwards. I also like the pump format. I do wish, however, that it provided it deeper clean overall. Maybe it's just the way that I use it with my handheld device, but it just doesn't feel as deep of a clean as some of the other cleanser that I have.
Ashley A.
Potomac, MD
Whoa. I have searched the earth for a cleanser like this. I have oily skin with some weird dry patches and this is the only thing in the world that has worked for my skin. If you have horrible combination skin- oil and dry patches- you know what I’m talking about. It’s cleared my acne, made my skin more protected from pollution and dirt, and helps prep my face for makeup. Try it!!!! I have tried cleansers from 5$-100$ this is worth every penny.
Nada S.
Does this also exfoliate?