BY CERAVE

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is a vital part of a daily skin care routine. It gently removes dirt, oil, and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It patented Mve formulation helps essential ingredients penetrate deep into the skin to hydrate and nourish. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser gently removes dirt, oil and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural protective barrier. It contains ceramides, naturally occurring components of the skin that play a key role in enhancing and restoring the skin's protective function. Also included are vital humectants and emollients to replenish and retain needed moisture. The unique ingredients in CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser help restore damaged skin and keep skin healthy. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is an ideal first-step in a daily skin care routine. With its patented Multivesicular Emulsion (Mve) formulation, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser helps restore and maintain the skin's natural protective function. Mve works by trapping ingredients within multi-layered vesicles that are slowly released, layer by layer throughout the day, penetrating deep into the skin to moisturize and nourish. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is non-comedogenic and non-irritating. Gender: Unisex. Age Group: Adult. see more...

CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser 16 oz
  • "I love ceravive it is the best facial cleanser i have sensitive skin and it is the only face wash i can use. I have Rosales so it is a great brand and doesn't burn and turn my face red i also love their face cream. Only face products i like" in 118 reviews
  • "This facial cleanser is amazing. It's smooth, hydrating, and rinses clean. It has ceramides and hyaluronic acid. It is recommended by dermatologists. It's affordable and comes in a pump that has never clogged on me. [product:cerave-hydrating-facial-cleanser-16-oz]" in 113 reviews
Jeannine L.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
I've been using this hydrating facial cleanser now for about 2-3 months and I hafta say- I'm very pleasantly pleased with it's performance and even more pleased with the outcome and end results. Since adding the facial cleanser to my daily morning/night skincare routine, I haven't experienced ANY break-outs whatsoever. Other cleansers would ALWAYS leave my skin feeling stripped and super dried out, but this cleanser from CeraVe did NO such thing. In fact, I found that it actually helped my skin bounce back beautifully with a nice boost of hydration. It does a great job at getting my skin squeaky-clean, without making it feel too uncomfortably tight or like it's burning on fire. I love, love, love how it makes my face feel after using it everyday. It feels airy, refreshed, and revamped, like I just left from getting a facial at the Spa- without spending $200. Another reason CeraVe is a MUST-HAVE item when it comes to my daily skincare routine is because unlike other hydrating and moisturizing cleansers, this one doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or tacky. It leaves zero residue behind, and that in itself makes me one HAPPY Mama! When it comes to packaging/Design, the one feature I really appreciate (which I've noticed is becoming more and more popular with "pump products" lately), is the clever "twist" feature that actually locks and/or unlocks the pump- How freakin' clever is that?!! Having the ability/option to essentially close-off & lock the pump has saved me & many others from COUNTLESS Messy mishaps, I'm sure of it!
One thing that some of you may have an issue with is it's price point, considering it can be found in your neighborhood drugstore. It depends on what store you're in, but I've seen the smaller bottles run for about $12 & the larger bottles priced as high as $44. However, the large bottles were gigantic and would last FOREVER, seriously lol. So it's still well worth the money, in my opinion. It's a really good hydrating facial cleanser and is safe for all ages and skin types- especially for those who have sensitive skin, like myself. Highly recommended ♡
Faith👑 H.
League City, TX
This is my current HG cleaser! If anyone is currently using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser, I would highly recommend switching over, because the CeraVe reminds me a lot of the Philosophy texture-wise, and is much cheaper($0.875/oz vs. $2.25/oz, based on the 16 oz value size). I'm pretty sure the Philosophy also contains dyes, as well as irritants and potential carcinogens-- things that should never be in skincare. The CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser really is hydrating though, and contains Hyaluronic Acid, as well as three types of ceramides, so I would also recommend this to people like me who are using Differin or any other drying treatments! This cleanser is super gentle and has really has saved my moisture barrier! :) Although this product is marketed towards dry to normal skin, I would recommend this product to anyone, even those with combination to oily skin, as I have oily skin as well.
Iman O.
Kew Gardens, NY
One of the top dermatologists in NYC recommended this to me, and I used it for at least 4-5 years until I switched to K-beauty cleansers.
It's an extremely gentle milky/goopy non-foaming formula, that washes off without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight. Never had any bad reactions or breakouts from it. Works equally well in summer and winter.
It's great if you're looking for a basic, gentle, daily cleanser that's one step up from Cetaphil.
I knocked off one star because you'll still need a secondary product for those days when you want a thorough deep clean. And also because it didn't improve my skin as drastically as K-beauty cleansers have.
Amber S.
Waterbury, CT
My face is difficult...in the winter my skin gets horribly dry, and flakey. Yet, I am prone to acne. Other face washes either cause breakouts, or are not hydrating enough. This stuff is great. Gentle, but does the job. It doesn't burn, or leave my face red. Even removes makeup pretty well. It has a super creamy consistancy, which feels nice on your skin. The price is a little high for something you can find at Walmart, but so worth it! I recommend this brand to people all of the time!
Airy C.
Ellicott City, MD
I believe that this product would be good for someone with extremely dry skin and my sister has very very dry skin and it seems to work for her. However, for me I found this formula to just be way to greasy. I have combination sensitive skin. This made my skin so greasy and I think congested my pores because my face got so oily. I do not necessarily think that it is an allergic reaction to the product though. This cleanser is extremely gentle and I feel would even be good for people with eczema on the face. So I would reccomend to girls with very dry skin as this could be your holy grail however, for anyone else I would probably pass.
Diane L.
This cleanser will be a wonderful addition to interchange with my Lush Coalface cleanser in the winter when my skin is extra dry and flaky. I picked it up in the spring and realized that it leaves behind a lovely, hydrating texture after washing off. It's housed in a simple pump that's easy to use with the Clarisonic. Especially since I have combo skin, I'll need to pull this out in the winter to combat the inevitable dry patches that I'll get.
Rebecca E.
Keokuk, IA
I have combo/dry skin and I love this cleanser. I use it in the morning to wash off any overnight mask or just to freshen up my face. It doesn't lather which I really like. It feels like your just washing your face with lotion but after you rinse it off you can tell your face is clean.
It doesn't make my face feel dry or tight after washing and I can go without putting moisturizer on for the rest of the day.

I will buy more when it runs out.
Kristyn S.
While super hydrating, this broke me out. I'm not prone to acne, but my combo skin did not appreciate this cleanser. I really wish I could have had a better experience with it since it has been the only cleanser to help my dry cheeks while still getting my oily forehead clean enough. Great amount of product for the price and you can find it everywhere from target to Amazon. Just wish it had worked for me.
Kristin P.
Scranton
Love it! Doesn't leave my face tight or dry. Easy to use with a pump and applied nicely to my face. I use it daily and actually just ran out. Will be repurchasing today when I go to the store. My face feels refreshed and clean. The smell is nice too. No fragrance in it though. I have sensitive combunation( but mostly drier) skin and it gets irritated easily. This stuff doesn't bother my face at all.
Ariel V.
Sanford, NC
It works wonders. Its has a gel/creamy consistency which helps cleans your face and takes off your makeup. After washing it off, your skin feels fresh and hydrating. Your skin doesn't feel tight or stripped away by your natural oils. I still do my skincare steps afterwards which makes my skin feel hydrated even more. It's $12 at Walmart which isn't that bad of a price. I would recommend to people with dry skin.
Nada S.
Does this also exfoliate?

Kohl's