BY CERAVE #14 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

• Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?3 Answers
  • I have been using Cetaphil. How does this compare?2 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup well? 3 Answers
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
  • "I use it at nights when I want to give myself a little more hydration, while still cleansing my delicate sensitive skin." in 10 reviews
  • "I have very dry skin and I started to use this cleanser when I was on accutane but now since I am off of the medication I still use this every single day." in 6 reviews
  • "I thought it would be too heavy for my oily skin, but turns out it works better than the oily skin formula of this, which actually dried my face out too much and caused even worse of an oil slick." in 5 reviews
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Emily B.
Emily B.
Durham, NC
I have struggled for years to find a face wash that works for extra sensitive skin. I feel like I was taught as a teenage, that for whatever skin type, you must use a SUPER harsh cleanser twice daily. However, now that I'm older, I have learned. Not all skin types are the same. I use this one daily because it has the best moisturizers out on the market. Yes, it is expensive, but you get a lot for your money. It is so gentle and I see results already. It does not have a tingly "feeling" when you put it on your skin, which I like. It does not have fragrance, which would irritate your skin. I use it in the morning and at night. It does not leave behind a residue of any sort.

I love the packaging - pumps are the bomb! It is in a white container, so that ingredients that are light sensitive are not denatured.

Overall, I will be buying this product for years to come.

I have fair, dry, sensitive, skin and use a Cerave moisturizer also.
Jen R.
Jen R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would I recommend this product? Yes, I definitely would and do for those that are having trouble with their dry, itchy and sensitive skin. It glides on smoothly and doesn't leave any sticky residue as it does leave behind a cooling and soothing effect. I do know how difficult it is to find products that work well with these skin types and I wouldn't suggest anything unless it has made a dramatic difference on myself, but I know these results vary differently with each individual out there.

If you choose to give this Hydrating cleanser a try, give this about two weeks and you will definitely notice the difference. These products can be purchased at Target or any other local drugstore in your area for a very reasonable price. I almost purchased the Cetaphil products, however because of the YouTube News Highlights and reviews featured on the Today show and so forth, I just had to give this a try. This is now my go to cleanser!
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
MUST HAVE BEACH BAGS PRODUCTS FOR SUMMER
1.CervaVe Hydrating Cleanser..A MUST for summer due to the sun drying out your skin and leaving it feeling tight and dirty. This gently cleanser not only refreshed your face but also doesn't strip your skin and leaves it feeling nourished as well as moisturized and clean. 2. Degree Motionsense antiperspirant and deodorant..I swear a lot, especially in the summer. This is THE ONLY deodorant that smells amazing but doesn't leave you sticky or sweaty and also leaves you smelling fresh while in the hot sun and more you are active the better it works. So a must weather you are playing sports this summer or just lounging around outside in the heat.3.Coppertone No Rub Sunscreen.. Say yes to sunscreen in 2nds. Just spray on this clear, no rubbing needed, waterproof, 5O SPF w/ UVA/UVB protection 4.Gatorade,Stay hydrated 5.Hat 2 protect your hair,eyes and face. #Musthaveforbeachbag
Analyssa C.
Analyssa C.
I have super dry skin and I find this really helps not strip my skin and add that extra moisture I so desperately need. After using this, I can use a lighter moisturizer instead of constantly using an oil or heavier cream 24/7. That being said though, I have extremely acne prone skin and I find it doesn't do much for that. It doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't really help my acne. I was disappointed because most face washes that tend to acne tend to be super drying for my already ridiculously dry face but I suppose I'm just going to have to keep using them. So I prefer to use this as my morning face wash, and use something stronger aimed for acne at night. If you have decent skin to begin with, I would suggest this. If you struggle with acne, don't expect too much from this. It also has a strange lotion type texture that takes a little getting used to.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
I've been using the CeraVe cleanser and lotion for a couple months now, and honestly it was just okay for me. I use it with an electric face brush and it's pretty good at getting my face clean and removing stubborn makeup like foundation which is a plus. However my skin is SUPER dry and this is supposed to be formulated for dry skin - and yeah, it makes my face feel smooth and hydrated right after I wash my face, but those results seem to be just temporary. Even just an hour after, my skin goes back to feeling dried out like usual. I'll finish up the bottles of cleanser and lotion that I have now but I'll probably look for another cleanser that makes my skin feel hydrated for longer. I think this was just too gentle to have any great effect on my skin.
Amany I.
Amany I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really oily but dry skin. I bought this accidentally but I tried it and I like it a lot, but only for night use since this does not control oils. When you rub this into your face is feels exactly like rubbing a moisturizing cream or lotion on your face. It won't foam or anything, you won't feel like your face is super clean and you will feel when you dry your skin that you already put moisturizer on. So if you have oily skin, I recommend the Foaming cleanser more (it is the one I use and love) but this one is ok to use at night only. Oh, and this also removes makeup really well since I don't use makeup removers. I remove my makeup when I wash my face.
Sarah T.
Sarah T.
I've been using this cleanser for a while now and I love it. I have oily skin, acne prone, and I thought it would be too heavy. I've tried to stop using products that strip so much oil away to see if it will stop my skin from producing so much. So far, so good. I will say that this doesn't get rid of makeup all that well, so if I'm using it at night I'll just do a once-over with micellar water before I cleanse. Affordable and a great product. Like some have said, don't use this if you're looking for a lather! But do you really want a lather? Lathering means harsh soap, and you shouldn't be using straight-up soap on your face.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
I have crazy sensitive skin that's also prone to acne. Normally I use a prescription cleanser but my dermatologist recommended to use this if I ever felt like the other was too harsh. I tend to use this if I wear makeup as it works fairly well and my skin doesn't react to it. I purchased it at Walmart but I've seen it at several drugstores and Target as well. It's a large bottle and you only need at most one pump so it lasts, it's a bit of an expensive up front cost but totally worth it!! Only odd thing is it doesn't lather (if you've ever used Cetaphil the consistency is similar) and feels semi lotion-y.
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Lexington, KY
I have oily skin and use this despite it being more suitable for dry skin. My face is very sensitive to cleansers. Going foam-free and switching to a cream cleanser allows me to clean my skin without irritation (the Cerave Foaming irritates my skin). I love that it is fragrance-free too. I get red, blotchy skin from fragrances. It also has a skin-friendly pH of 5.5, which is very important for a cleanser. No more irritation! You will need to first use a separate makeup remover or oil if you wear heavy eye makeup, full coverage foundation, or a concealer. Then use this cleanser afterwards.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Yemassee, SC
Decided to purchase this cleanser to have something super gentle on my skin even though I do tend to have oily skin. I must say I was very impressed. I love that there was no scent because I have sensitive skin. Also didn't notice any breakouts and it helped get rid of the oil on my face. I switch between this one and the foaming cleanser, but I love having this one on hand. It's great for the colder months because my skin gets really chapped. This doesn't foam at all either, so just keep that in mind when purchasing. Really does clean your face and make it feel hydrated.
Alexia  S.
Alexia S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Kayla W.
Kayla W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Alyssa V.
Alyssa V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this compare to cetaphil?
Isabella M.
Isabella M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this cleanser foam up? Or just more like a lotion texture?