BY CERAVE #8 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
  • "This cleanser is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I love it." in 471 reviews
  • "I have oily skin and have always had some breakout problems. While being treated for acne by a dermatologist, I was told to use this product. I couldn't believe she would recommend a hydrating cleanser, but hey, she's the doc. I love it! It cleans and doesn't make my skin feel dried out or oily. Works great and I think it helps keep my skin from breaking out." in 338 reviews
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Kelsey A.
Baldwin City, KS
Purchased at: Walmart
This is a great product. Affordable, didn't irritate my skin. I actually feel like this calms my skin to some extent and it makes it very smoooth. And I like that there are different sizes available.
The weather is quite cold and dry where I live during this time of the year and I am quite impressed that this doesn't feel drying.
The texture is quite different from anything I've tried before in terms of cleansers. It's a white gel / lotion and it doesn't foam up. It can feel like it's not cleaning the skin as thoroughly as a foaming cleanser, but I think that this could be part of the reason why it's so gentle and calming. And I find that it actually leaves my skin pretty clean, even though it doesn't foam up.
Janelle B.
Englewood, NJ
This cleanser was recommended to me by a friend after I told him that my skin responds well to hyaluronic acid.

I've been trying this out for a few weeks now, and so far so good! It's easy to rinse off and my skin doesn't feel stripped of its natural oils afterwards. I love that hyaluronic acid is one of its ingredients. That way, I know that my skin is always retaining some of its moisture.

My only concern is that it stings a little bit when I first apply it to my face.

I normally use the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to go back to that one, or purchase another CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
Noelle W.
Santa Monica, CA
I wanted to love this cleanser. I have enjoyed their moisturizers and CeraVe is such a quality brand but it just didn't work for me. I don't wear heavy makeup but toner would still always reveal residue left behind after using this cleanser. It just never seemed to get my skin really clean. I have kept it to use on the occasions when my skin is already makeup-free and feeling particularly dry and I would recommend this to someone who has exceptionally dry skin and either does not need to remove any product from face or plan to use this as part of a double wash routine. But it's just not right for me.
Caitlin M.
Staff
After a bad run with a few different cleansers, I decided to give this one a shot. I knew it was popular on Influenster and I’ve interviewed a number of derms who recommend CeraVe.

I’ve been using it for just about a week and instantly noticed my skin repairing. I had suffered a chemical burn and allergic reaction all within one week (!) and this cleanser lived up to its name of being hydrating. It was so gentle and conditioning on my damaged skin. Now I absolutely see why a) this cleanser is a fan fave and b) CeraVe is the best for sensitive skin!
Jackie R.
Purchased at: CVS
I have dry, dry skin and am always on the hunt for a good hydrating cleanser. I've also started working toward a completely fragrance free skincare routine. This cleanser fits the bill in areas for me. It's extraordinarily gentle but still feels like it's cleaning my skin and not leaving residue behind . I find that with regular use my skin is less red and irritated and has far fewer noticeable dry patches.
Elizabeth G.
Kokomo
This is my go-to winter cleanser. I have combo to normal skin. I am a bit oily in my t-zone so i used to go with strong cleansers that would strip my skin of all hydration which in turn was making me more oily. This is a simple cleanser that washes away the days grime but won't strip your skin of what it needs. In the dryer months of winter it has been a great companion to my skin.
Dawn E.
Harrison
I love this stuff! I have super sensitive skin and I have to be careful with what I use for all of my skin care routine.  A lot of sensitive skin face washes i have tried either dry my skin out or I dont feel like it has gotten my face clean.  With this product not only does my skin feel clean after one try, but also hydrated. I cannot see ever using another cleanser.
Mason H.
Eugene
This is a desert island product of mine. This product is wonderfully soothing, hydrating to the skin, EXTREMELY gentle at cleansing & also extremely affordable. This is one of the only face washes I’ve used where I find my skin feels more soothed and hydrated AFTER cleansing. If you have dryness or sensitivity or even looking for a gentle morning cleanse- this product is everything
Emily W.
This took some getting used to, because it feels and works similar to a lotion in terms of consistency. It doesn't foam or scrub. It just smooths easily over skin and then rinses off. However, I feel it has been good for my skin. It doesn't strip the oils off of my face, there's no smell, it doesn't break me out, and it cleans everything fairly well. I would definitely repurchase.
Gretchen K.
Purchased at: CVS
While it is on the pricier side compared to other competitors, it has been the best option for my sensitive skin prone to occasional acne breakouts and dryness due to weather. It is unscented and light - easy to use and my skin never has that dry feeling after using. (Some cleansers leave me feeling very dry where I need to immediately apply moisturizer right away.)
Alexia S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Kayla W.
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Chey R.
Wilmington, OH
What are some of your favorite drugstore facial cleansers? I love the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for my normal to dry skin! It’s not harsh and doesn’t have perfumes.
Quvante A.
Scarborough, ON
I'm confused I bought this at work thinking it was a body wash. Is it a facial cleanser or body wash?