BY CERAVE #31 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

• Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?4 Answers
  • I have dry sensitive skin, I love milk cleansers is this anything...2 Answers
  • I have acne prone skin... lots of breakouts... will this work oka...4 Answers
Reviews (2077)
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Becca H.
After using Cetaphil I can see the difference this made in my skin. It works so much better and it’s so gentle. I don’t need all the expensive scrubs and harsh cleansers, this literally cleared up my irritated skin that had blackheads and breakouts. My skin feels so soft and clean after using this. I was worried about using a hydrating cleanser supposed to be used for normal to dry skin because I thought it would make me more oily because I do not have dry skin, BUT it actually did the opposite. it pretty much prevents my mid day oily face and keeps everything hydrated and balanced. (The cerave cleanser for oily skin actually dried me out too much). Also, it doesn’t really have a scent which is great!! I would say I highly recommend this cleanser! 🙌
Rayven 👑.
Terre Haute
I have incredibly sensitive skin and I've used too many products that irritated and dried out my skin. I recently started a new skincare routine following the traditional Korean steps and I use this as my water-based cleanser, AFTER using makeup removing wipes and an oil cleanser, and I can honestly say it's made a difference in the balance of my skin. My skin used to get oily so quickly and my makeup looked shiny by the end of the day, but since using this cleanser I can tell my face is staying more matte and I don't have to do anything to freshen up in the afternoon. This cleanser really is a 'hydrating' cleanser and you can feel it as soon as you smooth it onto your face. I love the CeraVe brand and I highly recommend this product!
Nicole A.
Roanoke, VA
I’m sure this is a great product for a lot of people, but it’s just not for me. It does a terrible job of getting makeup off - I have to wipe hard with a towel to remove my simple foundation, and I have to use coconut oil to get my (NOT waterproof) mascara off, but then this cleanser can’t remove the mascara. It leaves a strange film on my face, which I guess is the moisturizing part, but I’d much rather have a squeaky clean face and then apply my own moisturizers. My best luck with this so far has been to mix with a dash of Dr. Bronner Organic Lavender Castile Liquid Soap (473ml) so my face actually feels clean. My favorite all around face soap is Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Daily Foaming Cleanser.
Britt M.
I used this after going a bit too nuts with AHAs/BHAs when I first started to use them, and needed to still wash my face (so I wouldn’t breakout since I’m super acne prone), but needed something to help repair and not further damage my moisture barrier. This cleanser saved my skin and I’ve been using it ever since. It cleanses my skin with stripping it of natural moisture, and even replenishes moisture to my skin. It’s super gentle and feels like a simple creamy/gel texture. It didn’t make me breakout either, which many non-acne fighting cleansers do. I’m in love with this stuff!
Niki S.
Stoneham, MA
This is the perfect gentle hydrating cleanser. My dermatologist recommended this and I’ve been using it for like 10 months now as my primary cleanser. It’s hydrating!! My skin does not feel tight after using it but it also removes my makeup. It doesn’t break me out either. The pimples that I do get I’ll give them a cleanse with something with salicylic acid when I first notice it just once with some spot treatment of clindamycin. Probably 5-6 days a week I use this with breaks for exfoliating and the salicylic acid. I don’t plan to switch cleaners any time soon.
caitlin j.
ST CHARLES, AR
i have combination skin, so i can be oily or very dry. when using this cleanser i still feel my face not as hydrated afterward so im always sure to moisturize. I got this cleanser because my dermatologist reccomend that i use it when the topicals i was prescribed. I do not know if it is the moisturizer or me not exfoliating (the doctor said it would aggravate my acne) but once i started this cleanser i noticed skin colored bumps popping up all over my face. But like i said that could be from the lack of exfoliation or my acne just getting worse
amanda t.
Cerave's Hydrating Cleanser is one of the best cleansers I tried, and the one cleanser I always go back to. The cleanser has this jelly like consistency. It's my one of my favorite cleansers for dry skin because it ACTUALLY cleanses my skin unlike other cleansers for dry skin. This cleanser also hydrates, does not break me out, and soothes my irritated skin from acne treatments. The price point for this product is pretty good. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has a damaged skin barrier and/or have dry skin.
Ruby V.
Anaheim , CA
I have acne prone combo skin more oily but the foaming wash helped with my oily ness and this wash made my skin super soft. Weird buying this for oily skin but girl let me tell you. My pores are smaller my skin is soft af I don’t get oily as easy or not at all I use this morning and night. I take off my makeup. I started double cleansing with the foaming cleanser first then I put the hydrating after and it’s a miracle! My acne is disappearing after years!!! Sometimes the simple wash helps a lot
Holly K.
In theory this is a good cleanser for normal to dry skin. I didn't prefer the lotion texture. It's not like a cream or foam cleanser but almost a slick lotion feel. When I rubbed it on my face I didn't think it was really cleaning and when my face dried I didn't feel that much moisture. For the price I'd get it at Walmart for around $8 than Target where I paid around $12. One of my favorite Youtubers raves about this cleanser and I do believe it works fine for many people but it was only ok for me.
Amanda B.
Parkersburg, WV
LOVE. I’ve been using this product for about a month now. It was recommended to me by a friend. It works for hydration! My skin feels moisturized as soon as I wash my face with it. I use it at morning and at night. I was dealing with peeling on my face (especially my nose) and my skin was just not as hydrated after having a baby. This product has been great to restore that hydration! (I’m still breaking out and need to resolve that problem - but this product does help the dryness.)
Alexia S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Kayla W.
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Alyssa V.
How does this compare to cetaphil?
Tiffany C.
Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?