BY CERAVE #12 in Facial Cleansers

Buy now on Bed Bath & Beyond
and get 6.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

• Does it remove redness2 Answers
  • What are some of your favorite drugstore facial cleansers...5 Answers
  • Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?5 Answers
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
  • "This cleanser is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I love it." in 471 reviews
  • "I have oily skin and have always had some breakout problems. While being treated for acne by a dermatologist, I was told to use this product. I couldn't believe she would recommend a hydrating cleanser, but hey, she's the doc. I love it! It cleans and doesn't make my skin feel dried out or oily. Works great and I think it helps keep my skin from breaking out." in 338 reviews
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Steph O.
Brooklyn, NY
A gentle and hydrating cleanser that is perfect for the morning routine.
I bought this product on a whim about a month ago. I usually do a big research before I buy anything, but I saw this cleanser in the store, and I was running low on my usual dr.jart foaming cleanser, so I thought “Why not?” That was an amazing decision! I loved my dr.jart cleanser, but this one is a game changer. It’s extremely hydrating and super gentle. When I used it for the first time I was a bit confused, since it didn’t foam up and I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything, but after using it for few times, I understood the hype around it. It didn’t feel stripping like foaming washes do. It left my skin soft and hydrated.
Some people experience irritation or breakouts from it, but I didn’t. It didn’t give me breakouts or closed comedones, for which I am thankful. That would be horrible.
I will definitely keep using this and probably repurchase it in the future.
Desiree T.
Antelope , CA
I learned about the importance of nourishing and protecting your skin’s moisture barrier the hard way, as a result of an obsession with acid exfoliants. With nothing left to lose and my skin in dry, blemished ruins due to over-exfoliating, I gave Cerave Hydrating Cleanser a try and at last, I saw the light.

This product is super creamy and moisturizing and it doesn’t foam or lather, which did take some getting used to. I gently rub this on my damp skin, and then lightly remove it with a wash cloth, in order to avoid any film left behind from the cleanser.

In a week or two of time, my skin was back to its beautiful, radiant self. My skin was plump and youthful, blemishes were to a minimum, and I no longer had excruciating dry patches.

If you are on the look out for a nourishing, gentle cleanser, this may be your new holy grail!
Aura I.
Lansdale, PA
  CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is a no fuzz, gentle cleanser that cleanses the day, makeup away and leaves your skin feeling moisturized. There's nothing fancy about the product, it's simple, yet highly effective. The texture of the cleanser is milky, and it almost looks and feels like a light lotion.

I use a lot of actives on my face and I find that using this hydrating cleanser keeps my face nice and soft, it always feels refreshing to use it and I do recommend it for people with sensitive skin for its gentle cleansing properties without fragrance.

I find that this product is a great value, you can find it at your local drugstore, Target, Walmart, there's always good deals on it and a little goes a long way. I use just one pump every time I wash my face and I've been using the same bottle for 3 months now.

If your skin is more on the oily side, try the  CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Jaimielyn B.
Aurora, CO
I moved away from my pricier cleansers to this one from CeraVe and I've never looked back. My skin has never dealt well with extended usage of foaming cleansers, even the most gentle. This cleanser accomplishes the goal of cleansing the skin while being gentle and actually feeling like it puts hydration back into the skin. Not to mention it's at a great pricepoint and available in stores that regularly have deals on CeraVe products.

The only thing to note is that if you're a regular makeup user, be sure you're using something else first to get off you're makeup before cleansing with this. It's not the most powerful cleanser and doesn't have the ability to get rid of makeup on its own, which is why I go in with a cleansing balm first before following up with this and then a toner after that to make sure I've removed everything.
Alyssa H.
I been using this cleanser over 1 year now and i love it. I have combination skin thats more on the drier side tho. I use this face wash everynight then the cerave hydrating facial cleanser in the morning to balance out and my skin actually looks and feels more normal. With the hudrating cleanser its a little weird to get used to at first cuz it dont suds up its almost like putting a moisturizer on that doesnt rub in but once u get used to it u wont even notice a difference. This would exspecially be good for anyone with really dry skin or sensitive skin but these are suitable for anybody. Theyre a gentle but cleansing option that wont irritate ur skin at all. My face never looked or felt better until i started using this.
Yessenia O.
Hammond, IN
I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser because my face is really dry and I feel like other cleansers irritate my skin, causing bumps on my skin. I wish it was a deeper cleanse but it is super light because of how gentle it is on the skin. It does leave my skin feeling super refreshed and soft. It doesn’t leave my face feeling tight and ashy like other face washes. I feel like I don’t even need to moisturize my face after. I do really need this face wash because it is super hydrating but I think it would work better with a face brush so it can help wash all the dirt off. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin, this is perfect for you!
Jamie A.
This will remain a staple in my skin care routine for the rest of my life. It is extremely gentle and hydrating.

My skin, especially my T zone, is extremely oily so this kind of product used to be a concern for me since I (wrongly) thought I needed to use a harsher cleanser to dry out the oiliness. So wrong.

If you have oily skin, there's a reason your skin is oily... it's because it's dehydrated and your body can't produce water, so it produces oil..HYDRATE YOUR SKIN! This is perfect for that. I use it with my Clarisonic to get a little exfoliation action and my face has never been clearer.
Marggie H.
Dallas, TX
My favorite cleanser! I skipped over this recommended to me by many, thinking it wasn’t good enough for my stash. No, it’s not beautifully packaged or scented, isn’t millennial pink and is t glam for your Instagram “shelfie”, but it is amazing at melting make up as a first cleanse and deposits ceramics for plumped, clean, soft skin. Doesn’t clog pores and is gentle enough for those with iffy skin like mine! I love using this in the morning when I usually wake up with funk on my eyes and it never burns. Really gentle for your retinoid days too. Contains cholesterol and hyaluronic acid.
Dani F.
Chicago
Two words: second cleanse. This is a wonderful second cleanser for those who follow a double cleanse regimen. This will remove the first oil cleanser completely without stripping the skin. I also use this in the morning to cleanse my face before my morning skincare. As with all Cerve products, this has no fragrance, which I love. Double cleansing at night really was a game changer for me and this cleanser is perfect for it. I do not get acne anymore. Seriously. I used to get 'hormonal acne' on my chin. Not anymore. Double cleanse. Oil first, Cerave second. It will change everything.
Britt M.
I used this after going a bit too nuts with AHAs/BHAs when I first started to use them, and needed to still wash my face (so I wouldn’t breakout since I’m super acne prone), but needed something to help repair and not further damage my moisture barrier. This cleanser saved my skin and I’ve been using it ever since. It cleanses my skin with stripping it of natural moisture, and even replenishes moisture to my skin. It’s super gentle and feels like a simple creamy/gel texture. It didn’t make me breakout either, which many non-acne fighting cleansers do. I’m in love with this stuff!
Alexia S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Kayla W.
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Alyssa V.
How does this compare to cetaphil?
Chey R.
Wilmington, OH
What are some of your favorite drugstore facial cleansers? I love the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for my normal to dry skin! It’s not harsh and doesn’t have perfumes.

back