BY CERAVE #49 in Facial Cleansers

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

• Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?3 Answers
  • I have been using Cetaphil. How does this compare?2 Answers
  • Does this remove makeup well? 3 Answers
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
  • "I use it at nights when I want to give myself a little more hydration, while still cleansing my delicate sensitive skin." in 10 reviews
  • "I have very dry skin and I started to use this cleanser when I was on accutane but now since I am off of the medication I still use this every single day." in 6 reviews
  • "I thought it would be too heavy for my oily skin, but turns out it works better than the oily skin formula of this, which actually dried my face out too much and caused even worse of an oil slick." in 5 reviews
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Rachel C.
MUST HAVE BEACH BAGS PRODUCTS FOR SUMMER
1.CervaVe Hydrating Cleanser..A MUST for summer due to the sun drying out your skin and leaving it feeling tight and dirty. This gently cleanser not only refreshed your face but also doesn't strip your skin and leaves it feeling nourished as well as moisturized and clean. 2. Degree Motionsense antiperspirant and deodorant..I swear a lot, especially in the summer. This is THE ONLY deodorant that smells amazing but doesn't leave you sticky or sweaty and also leaves you smelling fresh while in the hot sun and more you are active the better it works. So a must weather you are playing sports this summer or just lounging around outside in the heat.3.Coppertone No Rub Sunscreen.. Say yes to sunscreen in 2nds. Just spray on this clear, no rubbing needed, waterproof, 5O SPF w/ UVA/UVB protection 4.Gatorade,Stay hydrated 5.Hat 2 protect your hair,eyes and face. #Musthaveforbeachbag
Amany I.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have really oily but dry skin. I bought this accidentally but I tried it and I like it a lot, but only for night use since this does not control oils. When you rub this into your face is feels exactly like rubbing a moisturizing cream or lotion on your face. It won't foam or anything, you won't feel like your face is super clean and you will feel when you dry your skin that you already put moisturizer on. So if you have oily skin, I recommend the Foaming cleanser more (it is the one I use and love) but this one is ok to use at night only. Oh, and this also removes makeup really well since I don't use makeup removers. I remove my makeup when I wash my face.
Sarah T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this cleanser for a while now and I love it. I have oily skin, acne prone, and I thought it would be too heavy. I've tried to stop using products that strip so much oil away to see if it will stop my skin from producing so much. So far, so good. I will say that this doesn't get rid of makeup all that well, so if I'm using it at night I'll just do a once-over with micellar water before I cleanse. Affordable and a great product. Like some have said, don't use this if you're looking for a lather! But do you really want a lather? Lathering means harsh soap, and you shouldn't be using straight-up soap on your face.
Sarah G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have crazy sensitive skin that's also prone to acne. Normally I use a prescription cleanser but my dermatologist recommended to use this if I ever felt like the other was too harsh. I tend to use this if I wear makeup as it works fairly well and my skin doesn't react to it. I purchased it at Walmart but I've seen it at several drugstores and Target as well. It's a large bottle and you only need at most one pump so it lasts, it's a bit of an expensive up front cost but totally worth it!! Only odd thing is it doesn't lather (if you've ever used Cetaphil the consistency is similar) and feels semi lotion-y.
Sarah K.
Lexington, KY
I have oily skin and use this despite it being more suitable for dry skin. My face is very sensitive to cleansers. Going foam-free and switching to a cream cleanser allows me to clean my skin without irritation (the Cerave Foaming irritates my skin). I love that it is fragrance-free too. I get red, blotchy skin from fragrances. It also has a skin-friendly pH of 5.5, which is very important for a cleanser. No more irritation! You will need to first use a separate makeup remover or oil if you wear heavy eye makeup, full coverage foundation, or a concealer. Then use this cleanser afterwards.
Jessica R.
Yemassee, SC
Decided to purchase this cleanser to have something super gentle on my skin even though I do tend to have oily skin. I must say I was very impressed. I love that there was no scent because I have sensitive skin. Also didn't notice any breakouts and it helped get rid of the oil on my face. I switch between this one and the foaming cleanser, but I love having this one on hand. It's great for the colder months because my skin gets really chapped. This doesn't foam at all either, so just keep that in mind when purchasing. Really does clean your face and make it feel hydrated.
Liz C.
I originally used the Bare Minerals new face wash, and switched to this about 2 weeks ago. My face feels dry on the tops of my checks and the lady at Ulta recommended this. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it. I like the concept of the product and that it's gentle enough that it won't tear sensitive skin up, but I think that it can become too gentle where I don't think it's working as well as it could be. I have normal kinda dry/sensitive skin, this product helped with a cluster of bumps and zits around my chin, but I don't feel that hydrated as I could be.
Carma R.
This cleanser is awesome, hands down. It's very gentle, but still gets the job done. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this cleanser has proven lightweight, effective and hasn't broken me out!
One bottle has lasted me over a year. I've even introduced my family to this product, since I enjoyed it so much. It works excellently for them as well, and their skin ranges from very sensitive and dry to combo/oily.
I think this is a sound investment. I love Cerave and I will continue to use this facial cleanser until it stops working for me.
Daisy D.
Orlando, FL
This has to be my favorite May product because It has worked perfectly for me so far. I have very oily/combination , acne prone, and sensitive skin and this product has not affected me negatively at all. Its also amazing with removing makeup and oils gently. It does not foam up too much and it is a clear liquid but I love that because it sticks good to the skin and runs on smoothly making sure to cover every single are. I also love how it doesn't dry up your skin or feel stiff after using. Great product for a balanced face wash.
Rachel S.
Mooresville, NC
I've always used super cheap face wash (not that this is expensive, it's just not bottom shelf) and my skin always felt waxy and dehydrated. I started using this 2 weeks ago because I couldn't even put my makeup on since my skin was so dry. My skin has never felt so healthy! My skin feels very clean but not like it's stripped of life after I use this. It cleared up some issues I was having along my hairline as well. If you have normal to dry skin and need something a little more hydrating, I highly recommend this face wash!
Alexia  S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Kayla W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Alyssa V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How does this compare to cetaphil?
zariah j.
Douglasville , GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product ! But I often feel like it's always drying my skin out ! Does this happen to anyone else ?