BY CERAVE

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 oz works to help keep skin smooth and blemish-free. Its formula is designed to clear your pores and hydrate your skin to keep it healthy. This CeraVe facial cleanser can also be used to treat and help prevent acne.

• Does it remove redness4 Answers
  • What are some of your favorite drugstore facial cleansers...6 Answers
  • Is this cleanser good for Acne prone skin?5 Answers
CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
  • "This cleanser is gentle enough for sensitive skin. I love it." in 471 reviews
  • "I have oily skin and have always had some breakout problems. While being treated for acne by a dermatologist, I was told to use this product. I couldn't believe she would recommend a hydrating cleanser, but hey, she's the doc. I love it! It cleans and doesn't make my skin feel dried out or oily. Works great and I think it helps keep my skin from breaking out." in 338 reviews
  • "My go to daily cleanser , super hydrating and moisturizing for my sensitive skin and acne prone skin ." in 4 reviews
Aura I.
Lansdale, PA
  CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is a no fuzz, gentle cleanser that cleanses the day, makeup away and leaves your skin feeling moisturized. There's nothing fancy about the product, it's simple, yet highly effective. The texture of the cleanser is milky, and it almost looks and feels like a light lotion.

I use a lot of actives on my face and I find that using this hydrating cleanser keeps my face nice and soft, it always feels refreshing to use it and I do recommend it for people with sensitive skin for its gentle cleansing properties without fragrance.

I find that this product is a great value, you can find it at your local drugstore, Target, Walmart, there's always good deals on it and a little goes a long way. I use just one pump every time I wash my face and I've been using the same bottle for 3 months now.

If your skin is more on the oily side, try the  CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Yessenia O.
Hammond, IN
I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser because my face is really dry and I feel like other cleansers irritate my skin, causing bumps on my skin. I wish it was a deeper cleanse but it is super light because of how gentle it is on the skin. It does leave my skin feeling super refreshed and soft. It doesn’t leave my face feeling tight and ashy like other face washes. I feel like I don’t even need to moisturize my face after. I do really need this face wash because it is super hydrating but I think it would work better with a face brush so it can help wash all the dirt off. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin, this is perfect for you!
Jamie A.
This will remain a staple in my skin care routine for the rest of my life. It is extremely gentle and hydrating.

My skin, especially my T zone, is extremely oily so this kind of product used to be a concern for me since I (wrongly) thought I needed to use a harsher cleanser to dry out the oiliness. So wrong.

If you have oily skin, there's a reason your skin is oily... it's because it's dehydrated and your body can't produce water, so it produces oil..HYDRATE YOUR SKIN! This is perfect for that. I use it with my Clarisonic to get a little exfoliation action and my face has never been clearer.
Marggie H.
Dallas, TX
My favorite cleanser! I skipped over this recommended to me by many, thinking it wasn’t good enough for my stash. No, it’s not beautifully packaged or scented, isn’t millennial pink and is t glam for your Instagram “shelfie”, but it is amazing at melting make up as a first cleanse and deposits ceramics for plumped, clean, soft skin. Doesn’t clog pores and is gentle enough for those with iffy skin like mine! I love using this in the morning when I usually wake up with funk on my eyes and it never burns. Really gentle for your retinoid days too. Contains cholesterol and hyaluronic acid.
Dani F.
Chicago
Two words: second cleanse. This is a wonderful second cleanser for those who follow a double cleanse regimen. This will remove the first oil cleanser completely without stripping the skin. I also use this in the morning to cleanse my face before my morning skincare. As with all Cerve products, this has no fragrance, which I love. Double cleansing at night really was a game changer for me and this cleanser is perfect for it. I do not get acne anymore. Seriously. I used to get 'hormonal acne' on my chin. Not anymore. Double cleanse. Oil first, Cerave second. It will change everything.
Britt M.
I used this after going a bit too nuts with AHAs/BHAs when I first started to use them, and needed to still wash my face (so I wouldn’t breakout since I’m super acne prone), but needed something to help repair and not further damage my moisture barrier. This cleanser saved my skin and I’ve been using it ever since. It cleanses my skin with stripping it of natural moisture, and even replenishes moisture to my skin. It’s super gentle and feels like a simple creamy/gel texture. It didn’t make me breakout either, which many non-acne fighting cleansers do. I’m in love with this stuff!
Sabrena H.
California
I have officially found my favorite cleanser! I first heard about this from Thatayla on Youtube in a video where she talked about skincare for dry skin and Im glad I picked it up eventually. It such a gentle cleanser which has no lather which was wierd at first but it really grows on you. It gets my face super clean without stripping it dry. My face always feels super clean and soft after I use this. Its been a few weeks and it definitely has improved my breakouts and dry patches. I highly recommend this. The only bummer is I want to keep touching my face after I use this product lol
Niki S.
Stoneham, MA
This is the perfect gentle hydrating cleanser. My dermatologist recommended this and I’ve been using it for like 10 months now as my primary cleanser. It’s hydrating!! My skin does not feel tight after using it but it also removes my makeup. It doesn’t break me out either. The pimples that I do get I’ll give them a cleanse with something with salicylic acid when I first notice it just once with some spot treatment of clindamycin. Probably 5-6 days a week I use this with breaks for exfoliating and the salicylic acid. I don’t plan to switch cleaners any time soon.
Courtney Q.
Coventry
I absolutely love this cleanser. It doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin at all. It is not really meant to clean off your makeup since it is a gentle cleanser as to not ruin your skin. Double cleansing removes makeup far better than cleansing once. I remove my makeup with other products before then cleanse with this. It keeps my skin more hydrated compared to other cleansers, but it is not meant to be the only product you use to keep your skin hydrated. Hydration is the job of a moisturizer and serum. I would say within a minute of cleansing since it is the optimal time for your skin to absorb the product. It is not meant to cure acne as cleansers don't even stay on your face for long. AHAs and BHAs will help acne. Anyways, there is not tingly feeling. There is no fragrance to irritate your skin. I will continue to use this product. I recommend this for any skin type, but especially for those with dry sensitive skin.
Natalie H.
richmond
Love this cleanser! I suffer from dry, sensitive skin and this product works to restore moisture without irritating my skin. I do not have breakouts of any kind after use of this product. I love how light it feels on my skin and how it works to moisturize without clogging my pours. This has become a staple in my daily and nightly routines. I would highly recommend this product to anyone, especially those with dry, sensitive skin like me. My dermatologist also swears by this product. Love this cleanser!
Alexia S.
Washington, DC
I have dry skin- is this very drying or gentle?
Kayla W.
Does this take off makeup well? Does it burn your eyes when taking off eye make up?
Amanda R.
Albany, GA
Has anyone else had amazing results for their dry skin using this cleanser plus moisturizer combination?
Chey R.
Wilmington, OH
What are some of your favorite drugstore facial cleansers? I love the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for my normal to dry skin! It’s not harsh and doesn’t have perfumes.
Quvante A.
Scarborough, ON
I'm confused I bought this at work thinking it was a body wash. Is it a facial cleanser or body wash?