CeraVe Healing Ointment

$3.99 on ULTA
4.0% CASHBACK
SHOP NOW
*4 other buying options

Cracked, chafed or extremely dry skin needs special care, and a healing ointment or balm that helps hydrate and soothe the skin can offer fast relief. A balm formulated with petrolatum, hyaluronic acid  and  ceramides provides extra hydration and replenishes the skin’s barrier while helping to temporarily protect and relieve chafed, chapped or cracked skin. It’s important to look for a non-irritating balm when treating compromised skin, and CeraVe Healing Ointment is free of ingredients like lanolin, fragrance and preservatives.

CeraVe Healing Ointment is formulated to temporarily protect, soothe and hydrate skin as it recovers from cracking, chafing, extreme dryness or injuries such as burns, scrapes and cuts. The lightweight yet intensely hydrating formula features three essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid in a moisturizing petrolatum base. This balm is also non-comedogenic so it’s suitable for all skin types, and free of fragrance, preservatives, dyes and lanolin to minimize the risk of irritation—and it can be used as lip care, too.

• Formulated to temporarily protect, soothe and hydrate skin
  • Suitable for dry, cracked and chafed skin
  • Fragrance-free and lanolin-free to minimize the risk of irritation
  • Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
  • Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
  • Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, preservative-free and dye-free
  • Developed with dermatologists
  • Accepted by the National Eczema Association

Active ingredients: Petrolatum 46.5% - Skin Protectant (Ointment)

Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Panthenol, Water, L-Proline, Xanthan Gum.

Usage:

• Apply as needed

what is this mostly used for? does it work for dry skin?
How long does this take to fully dry down?
Does this help with sunburns?
Start your review of CeraVe Healing Ointment!
Product Highlights
“...product at ULTA. I like that it is gentle, and non greasy. I have very dry skin, and eczema flare ups around my face. This has helped a the small eczema spots on my face and definitely will be purchasing it again. I recommend this to anyone who has eczema, dry heels, dry skin anywhere. ” in 7 reviews
Custer, SD
I love this product... For my face! If I'm having a bout of dermatitis or my other skin products start to burn, I know my skin barrier is damaged! This is my go to product to restore it! It's like petroleum jelly but not quite as thick. I'm wear it during the day if I'm not planning on wearing makeup. Or at night & by morning, my skin is saved! If I do an acid peel I'll apply only this afterward ls.
Denver, CO
CeraVe Healing Ointment uploaded by Mackenzie N.
Purchased at: Walgreens
My absolute favorite balm for dry lips from excessive “fake” heat and cold winter wind. I live in a very dry climate and have a lip ring, this keeps my lips dewy and soft. I use it throughout the day and overnight as a heavy treatment!
Los Angeles, CA
Omg this is so.....life changing. It feels like a more moveable Vaseline without the greasy feeling. You actually experience and feel it sinking into your skin instead of just sitting on top of it. I had an esthetician recommend this, and i agree.
Los angeles
Simply the best- no lanolin (that comes from an animal gland, gross), has ceramides to help repair the skin barrier, works amazingly fast and never gave a bad reaction
Purchased at: Safeway
This is a pretty good emollient. It works a lot like Vaseline, but has some additional humectant ingredients like hyaluronic acid. I use it for my son's eczema as well as some of my sensitive skin areas (eyelid, nose corners, etc) to keep them from getting dry. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but I find it stays put longer than Vaseline, so it fits my needs.
I LOVE this stuff! I used it on dark spots from acne, overly drip lips and even cuts around my fingernails. It magically speeds up recovery - I can see a difference overnight! If I am applying this on my skin, I will typically wear it overnight because it does have a greasy consistency.
Alexandria, VA
Purchased at: Target
This is great for dry winter skin; it seals in moisture and helps enhance the moisturizing properties of any hydrating lotions. I like using it to seal in a non-rinse hydrating face mask for a few hours. It really helps with dry patches and flaking.
Ship Bottom, NJ
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is a Vaseline type ointment with added ingredients that help your skin. I use this as a last step after moisturizer on my dry patches to lock in moisture/hydration and I noticed less irritation on my skin after
Bloomington, MN
CeraVe Healing Ointment uploaded by Amanda N.
Purchased at: Target
Lifesaver for dried, cracked, and sensitive skin. Affordable. I keep it with me in my backpack in the winter and in my car during the off-season of dryness for skin emergencies
Sherman Oaks, CA
Soothing and healing like the name implies, this fixes even the most ghastly of lips overnight! It’s also great for dry elbows and heels. A little goes a long way and you can put it in smaller travel containers to keep in your purse or car! Better then any lip mask and fad cheaper too!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
2 years ago
Krissy B. • a year ago
I use it daily before bed. Never had breakouts and my skin is always plumped and supple in the morning