BY CERAVE #3 in Facial Cleansers

Moisturize, Repair and Restore Skin in One Easy Step. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser can be your daily cleanser. This formula removes surface impurities, makeup, excess oil and dead skin cells without stripping vital lipids. It also moistures your skin deeply to restore and maintain skin's protective barrier through its vital ingredients, in one single step. Gender: Unisex. Age Group: Adult. see more...

Buy on Target*
  • "I received a Clarisonic Mia Fit  for Christmas. I decided to try different products to use with it  instead of the pricey Clarisonic cleansers. I chose this product, Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser,  because the first cleanser that I bought does not foam up at all. I  guess I like to see bubbles. I like this product very much. It has no smell, it foams, it's gentle.  Which are all good things. I am older, so acne is not a a concern (however wrinkles are) I think this product does a good job of cleaning without stripping my sensitive skin..  In the end I bought the Clarisonic Radiance cleanser too. I have decided to use that in the morning and CeraVe at night .  I will be buying this product again and again." in 165 reviews
  • "I have combination/acne prone skin and I had been searching for a good cleanser that wasn't too drying or too moisturizing for my skin. I eventually came across this cleanser and fell in love with it. It wasn't too drying but it cleaned my skin well. It doesn't irritate my skin and I seem to have reduced breakouts. I would definitely recommend this to anybody who is suffering from acne or combination to oily skin. What's even better is that it is a drugstore cleanser so it isn't expensive!" in 43 reviews
Morgan B.
I tend to have skin that gets oily in the summer and dehydrated in the winter but this cleanser works year round for me! I was drawn to this because it is dermatology tested and recommend and does not come with a hefty price tag. Yes it is more expensive for a retail cleanser but it is worth the price tag as a little goes a long way! I bought my last bottle in September and use roughly a pea size amount and I doubt it’s even a third gone yet :) I switched to this brand because I learned that when people have acne, sometimes over treating the acne with harsh chemicals can cause more acne so I thought it was time to simply the ingredients in my face wash and lotion. As you can see in the photo, switching my products is doing wonders for my skin. Not everyone’s skin is the same but here are the products I use currently:
Morning routine: splash of water, Thayer’s alcohol free witch hazel toner and CeraVe hydrating lotion
Nightly routine: CeraVe foaming cleanser, Neutrogena Hydro boost cream, DIY Apple cider vinegar toner and Clean and Clear 10% benzoyl peroxide for spot treatments

*I did NOT cut out dairy or red meats from my diet as I come from a dairy farm and love my bacon and burgers ;)
Shannon S.
Bakersfield
I pretty much searched on Amazon for a few months to find a facial cleanser that would clean my face without making it burn and help get rid of my acne. I decided on this item because it had a good amount of reviews. The facial cleanser is very light and is like a gel like substance that foams up when lathered with hands. It doesn’t burn my face and leaves my face with a fresh clean feeling and doesn’t make my face peel which is important. I love to use it with the Cerave facial moisturizer.
Briana M.
Bonita, CA
If I could rate this product with 100 stars I would ! This cleanser is amazing, there's not one bad this about it. I use a full coverage foundation and this cleanser removes 95% of it. I have never used a cleanser that does such a good job at removing make up, i used to use it just with my hands but where I noticed a huge difference is when I started to use a small rubber face scrubber thing(don't know what it's called they sell them at Target). When I started to use the face scrubber I noticed it foamed up so much more and did an even better job at removing my makeup. I think you can also use a electric scrubber like a clarasonic but I don't think it's necessary. I have oily skin and it does dry my skin depending on the weather. But it's nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. It also has improved the amount of blemishes I have. I do get the occasional hormonal breakout. But other than that it really has cleared my skin. Love, love ,LOVE this cleanser. It also last a loonnng, long time !!
Au N.
I suffer from adult acne and this is the best cleanser I’ve ever used! I have tried everything from prescription cleansers to drugstore brands and nothing compares. There are no harsh chemicals (e.g. benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid), and it keeps my skin hydrated. Even though it doesn’t contain any acne fighting ingredients, my skin has improved dramatically since I started using it. I have fewer breakouts and my skin isn’t as oily as it used to be. I even got my husband to start using it and he’s noticed better skin as well. I would recommend this to anyone who is tired of spending money on acne products that don’t work.
Kayla T.
Waynesville, OH
I so badly wanted this cleanser to work after seeing and reading rave reviews on it. After 2 months, knowing it takes a while for skin to get used to something, my face was just up in arms about this stuff in a very angry way. I was having dry skin from using this 2x a day so then I went to 1x a day & same thing happened. I also developed cystic pimples and clogged pores with no head and were really quite painful. Not sure if I was allergic to the cleanser or what but momma did NOT like this.
Due to the awful experience with this (still so sad because I really wanted it to clear me of my adult acne) I have stayed away from all cerave products :(
Olivia M.
This product is amazing! I have oily skin and this cleans my skin and is a good price. Know this may seem a little pricey but this lasts a while. I have had this for about 6 months and is half full still. I use this at night and the mornings also. This product has helped my skin a lot and I have noticed a difference in my skin since I used this product. Also I really like that it has a pump for an easy application. Something also that is great is that it doesn't have a crazy smell. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Overall great product!!
Danielle L.
Cocoa, FL
I used to use this cleanser all the time! It was introduced to me by a dermatologist actually. But I was using it in combination with a Clarisonic and my skin just broke out so bad and I tried to ride it out for weeks to see if it would get better and it just didn’t. I quit using the Clarisonic but the cleanser alone wouldn’t bring me skin back from the breakout so I switched to a natural cleanser (Frank Body) and that ended up saving me. I haven’t been back to CeraVe since but I have a lot of friends who use it without any problems.
Shania R.
Katy, TX
This is absolutely the best facial cleanser that I've ever used and will never stop using this product. This cleanser comes in a smaller bottle available for purchase but it's best to go for the one that comes in 16oz because you don't have to replace it as often :) This feels refreshing but I wouldn't really call it a FOAMING face wash unless you're one of the people that double-cleanse because I did a little experiment. After rinsing this cleanser off of my face, I reapplied it and it indeed started foaming up a LOT!
Megan D.
My holy grail. Seriously, this stuff is raved about for a reason. It’s so good for your skin. Luckily I was blessed with fairly good skin, but this stuff (combined with my BHA) has made my facd acne-free. After washing my face, my skin feels so refreshed. It doesn’t make me feel greasy nor does it makes my skin feel dry. It’s a little pricier than “drugstore” prices, but it works so much better/is better for your skin than most high end cleansers. Plus the bottle is huge and lasts a long time, even with daily use.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀  .
Vineland , NJ
When i tell you guys this is my all time favorite drug store cleanser . Omg when i found this i found love . I use the cleanser faithfully everyday . It’s easy to use because of the pump . Gentle foaming formula . Does not leave skin dried out or greasy but the perfect skin after washing . Sometimes i was alone and other times i use the facial brush . I find a deeper cleanse with the facial brush but without it still gets the job done . I recommend this highly esp to anyone with combo / oily skin
Alyssa H.
Brooklyn, NY
Is it mattyfying?
Erlinn E.
lic
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser 16 oz Has anyone seen a difference in their face from using this product ?
Ayesha H.
Kitchener, ON
Is this comparable to cetaphil facial cleanser? I have dry sensitive skin.. should i give this a try?