BY CERAVE

A hydrating face lotion is a key morning skincare step—and a moisturizer with SPF is critical for helping to protect the skin from damaging UV rays. For hydration and skin-barrier replenishment that helps the skin hold on to moisture, look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and ceramides and a non-comedogenic moisturizer like CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 won’t clog pores or cause acne flare-ups.

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizer is a morning skincare multitasker. Featuring three essential ceramides, hydrating hyaluronic acid and soothing niacinamide, this face lotion uses patented MVE Delivery Technology to supply much-needed moisture and nourishment throughout the day. Offering Broad Spectrum sunscreen, this moisturizer with SPF 30features InVisibleZinc™ Technology (microfine zinc oxide) that spreads easily and evenly while leaving a residue-free clear finish. And because this non-comedogenic moisturizerformula won’t clog pores, it’s ideal for all skin types.

• Provides Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen with InVisibleZinc™ Technology
  • MVE Technology: This patented delivery system continually releases moisturizing ingredients for all day hydration
  • Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
  • Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
  • Niacinamide: Helps the skin barrier and calms the skin
  • Non-comedogenic, allergy tested, oil-free and fragrance-free
  • Developed with dermatologists
  • Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (12%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octocrylene (2%), Zinc Oxide (3.5%).

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate and Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Ceramide 3, Ceramide-6-II, Ceramide 1, Cholesterol, Hyaluronic Acid, Phytosphingosine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

Usage:

• Unlock the pump for first time use by twisting it to the left and pressing down several times until the product comes out. Note: You may actually have to press down on the pump as many as 10-20 times to initially begin dispensing lotion.
  • Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Reapply at least every 2 hours
  • Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
  • Children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor

Sun Protection Measures: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk regularly use a sunscreen with a Broad Spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:

• Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
  • Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses

• I really want to try this Am moisturizer but for those th...1 Answers
  • While my face is not extremely prone to acne, I need to u...1 Answers
  • Is this product a good everyday moisturizer?2 Answers
CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen
  • "This lotion is great, especially if you have sensitive skin that dries or breaks out easily. My dermatologist recommended it and I'm so glad I tried it out, because I won't go back to another brand!" in 213 reviews
  • "I use this in conjunction with the brand's PM Moisturizer, which I also love. I find this lotion heavy to feel hydrating, but not so heavy that I wouldn't want to use it on oilier days. " in 172 reviews
  • "My son has eczema and this was recommended by the doctor as a moisturizer. After a few applications we began to see a dramatic difference. I would recommend this to folks with eczema and severe dry skin. " in 117 reviews
alexa p.
Charlotte, NC
The best facial lotion I have ever tried. It works very well and is an amazing deal. I use this every day and it seems to be very effective and clears up my skin. It does not sit thick on my skin which I love and the SPF is amazing on it. I highly recommend this product.
Emily T.
San Jose
Tried this moisturizer because I had $5 off and later found out that it was highly raved about by dermatologists. It's special because it advertises it's ingredients which have ceramides that help keep the hydrating of skin intact. In addition, its SPF 30, which I like because it protects my skin from UV exposures. It not too thick and is fragrance-free which I appreciate.
Leslie V.
Rogers
I like CeraVe! Straight up! It's a good routine in the mornings to have.  It's right in there with the post-shower process along with brushing my teeth.   CeraVe makes my face feel fresh, not overloaded with that "heavy product" feel. It's light, moisturizing and protects my skin. I apply it before using any concealer or other makeup products.
Michelle A.
This was my everyday go to for a long time and so I still love this product, but as I started to use more foundations in my daily routine, this wasn't cutting it in the moisturizing category. My skin I very very dry and I always found dry patches when using this with foundation. Maybe it will be better during the summer, but in the winter, I struggle with this!
Lydia K.
White Oak, PA
The Cerave AM and PM moisturizers will always be staples in my skincare routine. I love that the AM has the right amount of SPF to protect me throughout the day without making my skin look chalky. It moisturizes perfectly, never leaving me too oily or dry. My dermatologist recommended the AM and PM products years ago and I have been using them ever since.
This sunscreen/moisturizer is decent. It provides protection from the UV rays but isn't as great with moisturizing. I usually like to mix this product with a little bit of Cerave SA to help add moisture to my face if I do decide to use this moisturizer. I have never had a problem with it causing breakouts to me face. Love that its fragrance free!
Madi N.
Indianapolis
I like the price of this and that you are able to find it at basically any drug store/Walmart, places like that. I have been using this for awhile, I like the fact there is SPF in this lotion. It can sometimes be a bit thick for my liking and I wish there was AM/PM mixed in one. But overall great product, I'll for sure buy this one again!
Palna P.
Jersey City, NJ
I love this moisturizer. I was breaking out really bad and my dermatologist suggested me this moisturizer to help with my dark spots and acne and also as a sunscreen. I tried this product and it suits my skin really well. Great for people with oily skin as it also hydrates your skin and protects it from the sun and also it’s not oil based.
Daniela C.
The CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with Sunscreen is something I use every morning, in addition to the CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser. I find the consistency to be thicker than the PM lotion because it has sunscreen in it. After it soaks into my skin it doesn’t feel as thick though. I use this before applying makeup as my moisturizer as well. I appreciate the spf aspect of the lotion but at the same time, I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t added. Ohhh! With this product and the PM lotion, I love the fact it has salicylic acid in it. I just stopped using a foundation with salicylic acid in it, so it’s nice that my face is still fighting acne through my makeup with this moisturizer. This moisturizer is $14 for 3oz, which is more expensive compared to the PM moisturizer. I really like it and would recommend to anyone willing to try something new.
Emry W.
Wichita, KS
Purchased at: Walgreens
I do not like the AM lotion because it has sunscreen in it. It is not nearly as moisturizing and really drys out my face. I keep my moisturizer and sunscreen separate. I actually used this product a few times and returned it because I didn’t like it that much. The PM is my staple. Same product, minus the sunscreen.
mavi c.
I have the Cerave AM Face moisturizer and have not purchased the PM. Is it worth it to purchase the PM moisturizer as well?
Jessica A.
Does this product leave an oily/greasy or a heavy feel on your skin after application? I am looking for something light weight, that feels like I'm not wearing a moisturizer at all.
Emily L.
I have very sensitive skin and every soft facial moisturizer I've tried breaks me out. Does anyone know if this one causes breakouts?
Kristin M.
Toledo, OH
I recently switched over to this product. I have very sensitive skin and have noticed more breakouts then usual, does this cause anyone else to breakout?
Monica G.
San Jose, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love to wear makeup, but I also need a good moisturizing lotion. But what I do not want is to look like I have a greasy face. Do think this is a good one to wear under my makeup?