BY CERAVE

All CeraVe products contain the vital ceramides healthy skin needs to help restore and maintain its natural protective barrier.

Active Ingredients:
Homosalate, Meradimate, Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Zinc Oxide

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

• Does this really hydrate your face? I have very very dry ...2 Answers
  • My skin often gets clogged when I use spf. But I need a g...1 Answers
  • All of the photos for this product indicate that it is fo...1 Answers
Buy on Bed Bat...*
  • "This lotion is great, especially if you have sensitive skin that dries or breaks out easily. My dermatologist recommended it and I'm so glad I tried it out, because I won't go back to another brand!" in 213 reviews
  • "I use this in conjunction with the brand's PM Moisturizer, which I also love. I find this lotion heavy to feel hydrating, but not so heavy that I wouldn't want to use it on oilier days. " in 172 reviews
  • "My son has eczema and this was recommended by the doctor as a moisturizer. After a few applications we began to see a dramatic difference. I would recommend this to folks with eczema and severe dry skin. " in 117 reviews
Theresa A.
CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is the best facial moisturizer that I found for my morning routine. It's ingredients provide broad spectrum sunscreen protection as well as soothing sensitive skin. It contains ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid. It is fragrance free and I know that everything going on my skin is a benefit and good for it. I've learned the best thing that I can do for my aging skin is to have protection from further sun damage. I love having that protection in my morning moisturizer before I am exposed to the sun. The hyaluronic acid holds onto the water and helps to maintain my natural skin moisture barrier. I recommend this moisturizer for anyone with sensitive skin. It is a perfect companion to the CeraVe p.m. facial moisturizing lotion, which I use in the evening, which does not have the sunscreen ingredients, but has the moisturizing benefits.
Mummah Darling B.
St Petersburg, FL
I'm testing some new products right now that require a really good sunscreen! So, I chose what my Dermatologist recommends to all her patients & since I have oily/acne prone skin, I decided to give CeraVe oil free a.m. Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 a try! The great thing about this product, to me, is that not only does it have a clear form of Zinc Oxide @ 6.3%, but contains 3 essential Ceramides that are great at moisturizing, hyaluronic acid-another great moisturizer & one of my favorite products I'm using now in almost everything, Niacinamide-which is another great ingredient that is used to treat many skin problems! Problems such as skin discoloration, old acne/blemish marks, & has a whitening effect on the skin when used regularly & several other various uses as well! This lotion/sunscreen is not greasy, like many others are & it is very moisturizing! My oil/acne prone skin tolerates this product VERY well! Although, if I'm being honest, it smells just like sunscreen, which I personally don't care for! But in this case, the benefits out weigh this 1 negative element for me! It's priced decently & won't break your purse or wallet! I would recommend this to others & I have!
Katherine F.
Carrboro, NC
I use this when I want to sheer out my foundation - I mix it 1:1 with my foundation (currently Smashbox 15-Hr Studio) to make a tinted moisturizer and I've been wearing this for the last month because I love it so much. I do wear another CeraVe moisturizer and sunscreen UNDER this when I'm using it as a tinted moisturizer since I consider those to be the "skincare" part of my routine, and this crossed over into "makeup" part, but that's because I like to make sure I have sufficient moisture and SPF protection.

I've also used it as a regular moisturizer/sunscreen, but I don't typically use it by itself for this purpose since I like my SPF to be at least 30 and sun protection is not as concentrated when mixed into other products. I pretty much only wear it by itself on overcast days. On its own, it does have a slight white cast (not nearly as bad as with the CeraVe SPF 30 Physical Sunscreen, though!) but it goes away after about 5 minutes. I put a thin layer, wait for it to absorb, then put another thin layer and by the time I leave the house, there is no white cast.
Dawn B.
I have combo/sensitive/eczema prone skin. I have struggled for years to find skin care that would for me. I started doing some research online and found a lot of people recommending Cerave products and decided to give them a try. I have been using the Foaming face wash and AM and PM Moisturizers for a few weeks now and love them. This moisturizer is a creamy consistency and absorbs nicely. It's does have a bit of a white cast but that disappears as it is rubbed into the skin. I do like the PM a little better as it is a little lighter weight and just feels amazing on my skin. The combination of all of these products has helped my skin so much for the first time in I don't know how long all of my eczema patches have completely cleared up. I love CeraVe!
Lil I.
My go to everyday! My Dermatoligist recommended this to me about two years ago, and I’ve used it close to everyday since. None of the CeraVe products have ever broken me out, at least of the ones I’ve tried. The lotion has high spf but is easy to blend in, and if you rub nicely there isn’t a white cast on my skin usually. If I’m reapplying when I’m really sweaty there is more of a likelihood of a white cast because my skin isn’t absorbing it as well. The price is nice, And with the spf and ceramides w hyaluronic acid! You honestly can’t compare w any other. The formulation is smooth on skin and smells as close to nothing as anything I’ve ever tried. I’m probably a fan for life!
Alana S.
I used this moisturizer for years because my dermatologist recommended but never thought it did anything. I have combo oily skin and this is just a bit too heavy for my skin type. I love that it has sunscreen but it made me oily after an hour. It didn’t break me out and it was gentle but too heavy for everyday. This is better for colder months when my skin is a little on the drier side. It’s probably great for those with normal to dry skin. You can find it at target or drugstores.
Jerikah B.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I love this product. I bought this per reccomendation from Dr. Dray on YouTube. She is a dermatologist and she reviews products and breaks down the ingredients. She highly reccomends this product and I too enjoy this a lot.

I love the pump on it and I love most of all how it acts as a moisturizer and an SPF! I haven't been wearing foundation recently but I have worn it under my FITME matte and poreless and I don't see a difference as far as peeling or flaking my makeup.

It does take a bit to rub into your skin but it's worth it. I bought mine from Wal-Mart but I would check Amazon and target because the last time I was at target they had this and the pm lotions and attached to the am was a small sample bottle of the hydrating facial cleanser and attached to the pm was an eye cream. Dr. Dray doesn't recommend eye creams as they are often just the moisturizer repackaged as an eye cream and they don't do anything but he hydrating facial cleanser is AMAZING!
Amy P.
I'm usually terrible at consistently applying sunscreen but I like this lotion so much I've been using it every morning without fail. The scent is light & pleasant (IMO), and it absorbs super fast without leaving a greasy feel. Makeup goes on top nicely, but I always make sure to let it set for a few minutes. I did notice a bit of pilling when I used a primer on top of it, but I'm finding I really don't need a primer since I started taking better care of my skin.
Chelsea G.
I ran out of my favorite moisturizer last week and my skin has been so angry. So I decided to ask a friend if she had anything she didn’t really use so I could hold myself over until my next Lush run. This is what she gave me. And while I’m grateful to not have to go without moisturizer, this really does not do the trick for my extremely dry skin (especially my forehead). It has a really flat almost chalky feel to it and I feel like it doesn’t really soak into my skin. I also have to apply it multiple times a day (which is a huge red flag for me that it’s not actually working). It’s definitely not a good product for someone with extremely dry skin but it has gotten me through the week until I can go get my Celestial 🌈❤️🌌
Porsha G.
Paris, TX
So I’ve been using a retinol and needed a sunscreen for the day time. I purchased this at my local Kroger. Okay firstly this product made my face ashy. Definitely not black girl friendly. And then I rubbed my face and white residue was coming up on my face. I tried some with my Clinique gel moisturizer and it was still bad. It was slightly moisturizing but kind of heavy. I wouldn’t purchase it again.
mavi c.
I have the Cerave AM Face moisturizer and have not purchased the PM. Is it worth it to purchase the PM moisturizer as well?
Jessica A.
Does this product leave an oily/greasy or a heavy feel on your skin after application? I am looking for something light weight, that feels like I'm not wearing a moisturizer at all.
Emily L.
I have very sensitive skin and every soft facial moisturizer I've tried breaks me out. Does anyone know if this one causes breakouts?
Kristin M.
Toledo, OH
I recently switched over to this product. I have very sensitive skin and have noticed more breakouts then usual, does this cause anyone else to breakout?
Vel D.
I am looking to buy a daily morning moisturizer. I was intrigued by Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Fragrance-Free Moisturizer SPF 15, but many of the reviewers said it had a very strong sunscreen smell. I came across Cerave and was wondering if this lotion has a strong sunscreen smell as well? And does it feel like your putting on sunscreen (heavy) or a light moisturizer?