BY CELESTIAL SEASONINGS® #1 in Tea

Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea: 100% natural Caffeine free Gluten free Kosher

• Ugh why can't I ever find this in stores any more every time I look...6 Answers
  • How long before you want to fall asleep should you drink the tea? I...4 Answers
  • Does this really work? I don't struggle to fall asleep. I struggle ...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "If I drink a cup about an hour before I want to sleep, I fall asleep faster and don't wake up as often during the night." in 13 reviews
  • "My husband never drank any kind of teas till i made him try this he loves it always has to buy it it relaxed him nad he feels better rested with this every night he ask me to make him a cup and Ofcourse i do." in 10 reviews
  • "I love drinking it like an hour before bed then I just lay down and I'm done haha, great after a long day at work!" in 9 reviews
  • "This is my favorite tea to drink when I'm sick as well as when I just want to destress from a hectic day." in 5 reviews
  • "I have been drinking this since I was a child and now me and my boyfriend drink it almost every night." in 4 reviews
Heidi D.
Heidi D.
Plattsburgh, NY
I love Sleepytime tea!! I have chronic insomnia to the point that I have to take prescription medication. I do not like relying on medication. I feel like I have tried pretty much everything to get better quality sleep. The first time I tried Sleepytime tea I was amazed. I generally make myself a cup right before I get in bed. The aroma and taste is very soothing and relaxing. I still have to take medication but not as much as before. I would definitely recommend Sleepytime tea to anyone, especially if you struggle with sleep. Sleepytime Sinus Soother, and Sleepytime Throat Tamer teas are excellent at reducing cold symptoms. Before I even consider taking a cold medicine, I try these teas. If I have a sore throat and a stuffy nose I use one Sleepytime Sinus Soother and one Throat Tamer tea bag in the same cup. It tastes delicious and really helps soothe a sore throat and open stuffy sinuses. I can't say enough about the power of tea! Celestial Seasonings is an excellent quality tea at an affordable price. Try them out, you will be glad you did.
Elaina F.
Elaina F.
Arab, AL
This has always been my go-to tea for sleep and for comfort. When I was still in school my mom would give me a cup of this the evening before a big test to help me relax. Now that I am an adult I reach for it when I have had a particularly stressful day at work and need a little help unwinding in the evenings. A cup of this 30 minutes to an hour before I want to go to sleep will actually help relax me and lull me into being sleepy. I always seem to fall asleep quickly and have a more restful night when I drink this. My one and only complaint about the tea is that the bags are not individually wrapped, so you have to make sure you close off the teabags to prevent them from going bad.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
Foodie Expert
This is one of the teas that I enjoy having late at night after having a long day. It's very calming and relaxing to drink and I do see that it makes a difference. I try to drink it around an hour before I go to bed being that it lets my body to get used to it and get in my system then. I'm very picky on my teas and this one tastes extremely good. Have been purchasing it for years and will continue to. Celestial has the best teas that are easily accessible.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Waukegan, IL
Foodie Expert
I usually drink this tea about 30 minutes to an hour before I intend to sleep. It helps me relax and I sometimes feel sleepy (but I have insomnia so it isn't a miracle cure for that). I love mint so the smell is soothing to me. I also drink this when I am feeling minor anxiety and it seems to help me settle down. It doesn't help for more extreme anxiety issues, like panic attacks, and I don't rely on this over my meds, but its just something to help.
Elsa B.
Elsa B.
Brooklyn, NY
Growing up, my parents would make me Sleepytime tea before bed and I always looked forward to bedtime. Now as an adult, I'm still drinking Sleepytime tea in the evening while I curl up to read a book on my couch or watch one of my favorite shows. If you haven't tried this tea, I would highly recommend it as it's a bit different than the conventional peppermint tea and very soothing. It definitely calms me before bed so that I have better rest.
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Clovis, CA
This tea most definitely helps you go nightys! i was having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and a friend recommended i try this tea and it has been the only thing that has helped me go to sleep faster and to stay asleep all night. I had tried melatonin vitamins, reading, exercise, meditating, and so on to help me try to get to sleep and nothing worked but this tea so if you're having trouble sleeping, try this tea!
Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle C.
Wytheville, VA
Foodie Expert
My husband and I have been drinking this for a few months now and we love it! It has a great minty flavor and pairs well with sugar and a bit of creamer. We like adding ours with the Celestial Seasonings Peppermint tea and Peppermint Mocha creamer to get a strong peppermint flavor. I did find that this doesn't help me sleep. It doesn't really make me tired at all. I am rating 4 stars on flavor alone :)
Brittany K.
Brittany K.
Bluefield, WV
I absolutely adore tea, so naturally sleepy time tea is something I had to try. I love the taste and the way it's mellow compared to other brands of similar tea blends. Now that it comes in K Cups, I go through so many pods a month. I absolutely love this tea when I'm restless or having a bad day. Nothing beats a steamy mug of tea and a bubble bath. I've even gotten my mom and grandma addicted to it.
Deanna B.
Deanna B.
Was recommended for my 2 year old daughter to help her sleep. Not sure if it worked because she hated the taste. We added honey, to take the edge of the strong spices off. Couldn't get her to drink hardly any and she normally loves tea.

It has a very strong herbal taste and smell add lots of honey. If your not used to herbal teas it can be off,-putting at first but it does get better over time.
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Gainesville, GA
Getting to bed at a decent time is something that plagues our generation. This tea is perfect for when you need to naturally drift off and not get knocked out by a medication into the groggy nightmare of tomorrow. You get a good bang for your buck with this product, and as long as you are a fan of spearmint, it will work wonders. Overall this product gets a 5 out of 5 for getting the job done.
melissa a.
melissa a.
New Castle, DE
Foodie Expert
So is this stuff really help relax you for bed?
Karen A.
Karen A.
Foodie Expert
Would you recommend this for someone who suffers from anxiety, panic attacks and trouble sleeping
Linda H.
Linda H.
Cartwright, OK
Does this really help you sleep? I love a warm glass of tea before bed, would be nice if it helped me fall asleep.
Kerri M.
Kerri M.
Steubenville, OH
Does this tea really help you sleep?
Emily G.
Emily G.
Raleigh, NC
I have heard from many friends that this tea is so great .. how long before bedtime should you drink it?