BY CAUDALIE #57 in Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive

A brightening essence that immediately sweeps away dead skin cells to reveal brighter, smoother, more even skin.

Solutions for:

- Uneven skin tone

- Dark spots

- Dullness and uneven texture

If you want to know more…

The gentle yet effective Brightening Essence combines two powerhouse ingredients: glycolic acid to support natural cell turnover and Caudalie's exclusive 100 percent organic grape water to soothe and hydrate. Infused with white peony extract, the formula enhances luminosity, works to buff away any dead skin cells, and refines skin texture. By adding this simple step to your regimen, your skincare will work better, faster.

It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates

Buy on Sephora
Jake M.
Jake M.
Boston, MA
I received this as a deluxe sized sample from Sephora. It glides on very smoothly, almost leaving an oily feeling for a few minutes afterwards, but does eventually fully absorb. My skin felt smoother instantly and very hydrated. It's fairly potent so I use it sparingly. You have to be careful around the eye area as it can be very irritating. Overall was a great product that I ended up buying a full size of. Definitely not a daily serum though, I use it once at night every 2-3 nights. For my daily brightening serum I use a lighter one without the glycolic acid, Ole Hen. Truth Serum.
Trang S.
Trang S.
I got this in mini size as i wanted to try out before i make a purchase (it is not cheap for my to buy full size, so). However, it wasn't as good as i expected from Caudalie products. It's a bit sticky for me and not absorb very fast. However, i guess it is because it doesn't suit my skin type or my skin changed a bit in the summer (normally i pretty enjoy Caudalie products). Still, i believe Caudalie's products are great!
Leslie H.
Leslie H.
Krum, TX
I wanted to love this, but sadly I had a reaction to it. I use many other products from the caudalie line (lotion, cleanser, the eye lift and my most fav the vinoperfect serum). So of course I wanted to try the essence. At first I did notice a difference in my pores more so on my nose than anything, but than after a week I started to notice I was having a reaction on the sides of my nose, around my mouth, my chin and forehead😢. I stopped using it since it was the newest item in my regime and the reaction started to calm down and eventually go away.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Las Vegas, NV
I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out. I am a first time user and received this as a free birthday item from Sephora. It is a travel size and nicely packaged. I only chose this item and not the other option available because they use natural ingredients. I am switching to green products and finding a brand sold at Sephora with these standards is great. To get full results or benefits a new product should be used at least two weeks but so far I am happy.
Alice S.
Alice S.
Metairie, LA
One of the biggest problems with reviews on this site is people reviewing the wrong product. Reviewers, please note this page is for the ESSENCE, not the serum!!

As far as the essence is concerned, I received a small sample with the Caudalie VIB set. Its refreshing to use, pleasant smell and not tacky, but I'm not convinced this is a necessary product (please note that I feel this way about essence in general). That said, it's a nice product with good ingredients and minimal fragrance if you are a fan of essences. Will I personally be purchasing the full size? No.
Haritha J.
Haritha J.
I got this as a sample from Sephora because they recommended it to me and I use this everyday and can see an instant difference in my skin. I pair this with the Ole Henrikson serum and it is the best thing ever. I tab my fingers in the water and press it into my skin to make sure that it is actually going "inside" my skin, as the skincare lady at Sephora explained. It doesn't have a smell and it just makes me feel clean. The best part is waking up in the morning and seeing how bright I look. Love this! I thought it was an expensive product, but you really only need a little everyday and this big bottle will last for a long time.
Caitlyn H.
Caitlyn H.
brookhaven, GA
I thought this was a gimmick and unnecessary for my skin, but I was so wrong. I noticed after just one week that this product really works. It is expensive but worth your money for sure. I was looking at a more expensive product like this in Sephora for $200 and asked the skincare expert what the difference was and she told me basically the price. She saved my wallet and my face😊
Mango 🐹.
Mango 🐹.
Jersey City, NJ
Honestly, with the way my skin has been acting up due to the bipolar weather, I was skeptical to purchase this. After a day of using this, my skin was INSTANTLY much more brighter and SOFTER in comparison to last week when my forehead was filled with dry patches. Feels super light-weight and it helped my Josie Maran Argan Oil to absorb a lot better at night too.
Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.
Montclair, CA
Caudalie is one of my favorite brands because the products are simple to use and the packaging is beautiful. I use this essence after my foaming cleanser and it sinks beautifully into my skin. It also helps prep and hydrate the skin before applying other serums. I like how easy it is to apply and how long this bottle has lasted. I usually top it all off with my elixir and my face feels radiant and soothed. I love this line!
Gloria Jean C.
Gloria Jean C.
Green Creek , NJ
This is my 2917 summer obsession. It feels so nice on the skin and it does exactly what it says. It brightens and awakens tired skin. I like to apply at night and morning after I cleanse and before I moisturize. It smells beautiful too.
Nicole H.
Nicole H.
Baxter, KY
Has anyone use this product, I'm just curious on how it works on dry skin and oily skin and does it tighten pores bcuz at 42$ a bottle I wanna know
🌹 k.
🌹 k.
Boise, ID
I keep seeing these essences. I love Caudalie but what exactly does an essence (or this one in specific do) and should I invest in this one or find a cheaper one?
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.
Is this good for using under the foundation?
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Excelsior Springs
I would like to try
ana m.
ana m.
Esse produto é bom mesmo?