BY CAUDALIE #77 in Serums

The Elixir from Caudalie's Premier Cru range is a special dry oil formulated with half-oil half-serum. Melting effortlessly into your skin the elixir prepares the skin for your cream so you can benefit from maximum anti-ageing protection and enjoy a more youthful and glowing complexion. - I.M Directions for use: Apply 4 drops to the face neck and décolleté morning and night before applying your cream. Avoid the eye contour area. see more...

Buy on Sephora
Jasmine R.
Jasmine R.
Granada Hills, CA
Premier Cru The Elixir is a facial oil. But first let's address Caudalie's claims. Caudalies describes this elixir as half oil, half serum but it (unfortunately) has a distinctly oil-like texture. If you have sensitive and acne or one skin like myself, this can be immediately off putting. despite that being said, this elixir still manages to feel silky and has a smooth, non-greasy finish that feels moisturizing. Still I felt the initial oil texture is a deterrence for layering products as much as I like to. This elixer however does contain some truly excellent non-fragrant plant oils and antioxidants that could be beneficial to all skin types! Lastly it claims to lift sagging skin. I just can't justify any company perpetuating that type of claim. Tightening perhaps, but lifting is too much for any company to advertise. Three stars because it could be worse. But no more than three stars because it could be much better!
emily b.
emily b.
New Orleans, LA
Got a deluxe sample from Sephora and I have to say-- it's been a long time since I tried a new product that made me think "wow!" when I woke up after using it. It's lovely. It is relatively heavily scented (as I find to be true with most French brands...? Am I wrong?) but the scent is pleasant and still doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, so that's a win. The oil itself is light and imparts a dewy finish, but not a "greasy" or "oily" one, onto skin. I use it only at night because it doesn't play well with my makeup for the AM (your results may vary), but I can tell it is making a difference and improving my skin tone and texture. Thinking about buying the full size.
Meghan B.
Meghan B.
This serum feels more like a dry oil. It makes my skin feel deliciously hydrated and soft when I wake up in the morning. After I cleanse and exfoliate I use Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos and then once that dries I put this serum on and then my moisturizer. Even though it finishes like an oil, it doesn't feel heavy at all and I haven't had any issues with it clogging my pores or causing abnormal breakouts. I can't speak to the anti aging effects because I'm in my early 30's and don't currently have any signs of aging on my face, but the softness and smoothness that I get from using this is well worth the high price tag. Love!
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
Received Premier Cru Cream, elixir, and the face mask as a deluxe sample. I'm 33 and have few fine lines, and couple of deep creases on my forehead that never seem to go away or effectively be hidden through makeup. I used this for one night. ONE NIGHT! The next day, my fine lines were completely unnoticeable and the creases on my forehead were softened. I put the oil and cream on again in the morning, and when I went to put on makeup, my face DIDN'T NEED IT! Yes, I'm using all-caps. It is that great. For me, it will be well worth the price I paid on concealer and foundation to purchase the full sizes of this set.
Gabriela A.
Gabriela A.
Maywood, CA
It's a fairly standard blend of water, thickeners, slip agent, and plant oils. Grape, olive, and sesame oils have antioxidant ability, but they show up in lots of other products sold at more realistic prices and with far better formulations. Several of the more enticing ingredients are present in amounts too small for skin to notice, including the peptides. For what Caudalie is charging, those ingredients should be front and center, not relegated to mere dustings.
Maria N.
Maria N.
If you're ready to feel luxurious then get ready to cash in. This thing is expensive, $99! A little goes a long way! It's so oily that my dry skin could drink it up fast enough. It felt great if I didn't wear makeup. But it took to long to absorb on the days I needed to quickly do my makeup. So save it for night time. Between this and the regular elixir, I love the original elixir the best! It smells great and easier to use.
Kate H.
Kate H.
I love this Elixir! It works great for my dry combo skin and locks in the moisture. I typically use it once a day (at night) and I always apply it even if I'm too lazy to do my complete skincare routine. One less star because I prefer a pump to a drop applicator... but I guess it's because of the oil base in the product.
It is on the pricier side so I recommend getting a sample from Sephora before you purchase.
Emily K.
Emily K.
hamburg, NY
This is probably one of my favorite oils, and have done wonders for my problem skin. This product is anti aging by lifting and firming the skin, while nourishing any dryness and balancing oily skin. It has three amazing Powerhouse ingredients to achieve these results : Resveratrol polyphenols and viniferine. Always remember to pat into your skin as opposed to Rubbing and applied before moisturizing. Enjoy!
Rachel V.
Rachel V.
This is a lovely toner to use on my slightly dry skin. It leaves it feeling lovely and cleansed. However, i would probably not repurchase because it is so expensive - and i can't justify spending that much on a product when i can just as easily find a cheaper alternative. So in conclusion I do love this product and I feel so luxurious when I do use it, however the price tag is rather big.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Julia Lizeth Lear 31635 G.
Miami , FL
Premier Cru The Elixir is a facial oil (Caudalie describes it as half oil, half serum but it has a distinctly oil-like texture) that feels silky and has a smooth, non-greasy finish that feels moisturizing but not slick. This also contains some excellent non-fragrant plant oils and antioxidants, a combination that’s great for dry skin but can also benefit other skin types.
Morgan T.
Morgan T.
Brooklyn, NY
I love Caudalie and their serums, but is this one worth the price? Or should I just stay with the cheaper ones?
Denisse C.
Denisse C.
Bronx, NY
What is this for?
Regina S.
Regina S.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth the price? Are there any other alternatives?
Charca M.
Charca M.
Does this help with brightening acne scars?
Cape M.
Cape M.
I am looking at purchasing this product. Do you use it once a day or twice? If once, when? AM or PM?