Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists

by Caudalie

#6 in Face Mists

Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this powerful plant based anti-dull complexion treatment smooths away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the complexion an instant boost of radiance. A Caudalie cult product favored by make-up artists, beauty addicts and celebrities, the elixir also works wonderfully to help set make-up.

This beauty enhancing mist is the winner of the Nylon Beauty Awards for Best Face Mist & is the secret of the stars and make-up artists for its many benefits:

•     Tones & tightens pores
  •     Sets make-up
  •     Boosts radiance

How To Use:

Shake before use. Avoid the eyes. Spray onto the face before your moisturizer and at any time of the day to wake up the skin.

Tip: backstage at runway shows, makeup artists apply it between foundation and powder to set make-up.

The beauty elixir contains 100% natural ingredients. The essential oils it contains enhance the beauty of the skin and calm the mind.

Does it work like a toner or a setting spray?
people what do you think about this product?🤷🏻‍♀️🙄
How is this product different from the Caudalie Grape Water Soothes Dry Skin?
Start your review of Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists!
Portland, OR
Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists uploaded by Callie C.
Purchased at: Nordstrom
Oooooo! (In my Young MA Voice 😉) This is likely my favorite product so far of 2020, well at least to me! I had serious fomo (fear of missing out) when all of my blogger friends began posing about this beauty elixer. Like other gems from Caudalie, this product does not disappoint and proves itself a "beauty essential" at first use! Im a sucker for packaging, and Caudalie's frosted glass bottle is super luxurious and simply beautiful! The elixer is a potent formula of skin living ingredients and mood boosting aromas that are therapeutically beneficial. I keep the mini size ($18) in my purse, and spritz my face whenever i need some rejuvenation or to refresh my makeup. I'll likely keep buying this product! It will be a staple in my kit no doubt! Next purchase will be the full sized bottle!
San Juan Capo, CA
I absolutely adore this product. I have gone through 2 bottles already and use it daily. It is gentle on my skin and I love using it as a spray toner after I wash my face. The scent is very intense and unique which I had to get used to at first. To be honest and first I didn’t really like the scent but now I love it. It is pricey at $50 a bottle but I found that it’s worth it because it helps even out my skin tone. I didn’t really notice how much it evened out my skin tone until I ran out of my first bottle and stopped using it for a while. My skin started looking dull and I couldn’t figure out what was happening and then I re purchased this spray and started using it again and my skin improved. A lot of people like using it to set their makeup but I don’t, I just use it as a toner and it really helps my skin. I will definitely repurchase a 4th bottle once I run out. One thing to keep in mind is that it does have alcohol in it so if you have sensitive skin or don’t like using alcohol products on your face you may not like this.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Full disclosure - I actually bought this product to meet a shipping minimum. I have always liked Caudalie's product and was a big fan of their micellar water years and years before that was a thing in the US. Like many french beauty brands, they always have used great natural ingredients and this beauty elixir was no exception. That said, this really did nothing for me as far as hydration or priming goes. I live in a high altitude state so halfway through the work day I find myself getting a little dry and have always loved Tatch's dew skin mist. This doesn't have the same lovely scent but I assumed served a similar purpose. I found it wasn't as hydrating. I also disagree with the claims around being good for setting makeup and providing a radiance boost. It sincerely felt like I was just spraying myself in the face with water. It does absolutely nothing and even as a Caudalie fan I do not understand the high reviews on this one. I ended up returning this one especially given the price tag.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists uploaded by Leahnora A.
Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists uploaded by Leahnora A.
Purchased at: Sephora
This is perfect as a base for makeup and setting makeup! I definitely notice a glow when I use this and my skin looks more radiant. Something I’m very impressed with are it’s toning properties. Whether I’ve used this on no makeup days or to set my makeup my skin looks and feels** more toned and balanced. I love wearing this with no makeup because my skin looks brighter and more clarified. I have to admit, I didn’t have many high expectations because I was afraid I’d be let down. I really enjoy how it clarifies my pores. Overall, this mist is very refreshing and perfect for summer, seriously. This elixir left a nice impression on me.Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists
Los Angeles, CA
I am a big advocate of using mists on the face! They are quick pick-me-up products that offer a good amount of hydration (when properly formulated) and easy to carry around. This mist smells like the waiting area at your local spa☺️the smell is super relaxing and it invigorates your senses. However, it is worth mentioning that one of the first ingredients is alcohol which is why this mist never left my skin feeling hydrated (it evaporates very quickly). BUT! That is exactly why this product is an amazing setting spray that will keep your make up locked-in for hours! I just wouldn’t necessarily put this product in the toner/mist category, this is a luxurious setting spray to me! If you want something hydrating and calming from Caudalie then try their grape water! THAT is an amazing hydrating mist for your face! 🍇😉
Watertown, WI
I will never deny that this is an extremely luxurious, relaxing mist. Yes, the scent relaxes me. I actually love this more than any other mist I have ever used and that’s no small statement. However, the scent I love isn’t the best for skin and eyes. It doesn’t irritate my skin so much as my eyes. Everything feels amazing until my eyes start to water and burn. I keep them closed until it dries but it happens again and again and messes up my makeup. In truth, a lot of these ingredients are known as skin sensitizers as well. In addition, this price point is very, very high for a mist that lasts a relatively short time. I am in a major love/ hate situation with this product, but they now have a mini size to try first. Note: I often repurchase Caudalie’s Grape Water, which is good and is non irritating, affordable.
Have to start off with the scent and say i am NOT a fan. I couldn't even describe the scent to you, because i've never smelled anything like it. I can tolerate it but if there was one thing i'd change it would absolutely be that. I usually spray this mist on after i set my face with setting spray, and try to use it throughout the day. I do like that it helps keep my face from feeling and looking dry. It's a light refreshing mist that could be used to smooth you out or give you a bit more of a glow if needed during the day. I'm not too crazy about it, maybe I just dont see what others see. It's a good mist and i will keep using it until i finish it, but i dont think i would drop another $49 for it. I have sensitive skin but did not have a bad experience.
Purchased at: Sephora
Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists I love this mist! I use it in morning and in the evening in my skincare routine. I mist just to make my face feel refreshed during the day or at anytime. Sometimes I use it after my The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution if my skin feels a little dry. At other times I use it to set my makeup- it helps my skin have a dewy soft glow. I use it to wet my Beauty Blender sponge and it feels marvelous as I blend in my makeup. I loved the smell and how it makes my skin feel. I purchase the big bottle (150ml) and several of the minis (30ml) to make sure I always have it. I'm a misting queen with this product!
Glen Carbon, IL
Ok I truly love this product - the misting technology is absolutely on point, it covers your face with a light spritz and settles into your skin perfectly, leaving you dewy and glowing. My boyfriend loves the scent, which is fairly light and natural/earthy, if not a bit unique. I use this product mostly to set my face or for a simple glow, as it doesn’t really hydrate my skin but rather leaves it a little tight, although I do have very dry skin. I can see why this is the secret of makeup artists as it is great for such uses, and even if you have oily skin it may be the perfect spritz to settle your skin and leave you feeling clean, fresh, and glowing! Would recommend!
Boston, MA
Purchased at: Nordstrom
I got this on my vacation in Paris as it is so much more affordable in Europe than in the States. In addition, they had extra discount. I saw this in quite a few Youtube videos and I ran out of my [product:too-faced-hangover-3-in-1-replenishing-primer-&-setting-spray] at a time. So, I decided to give this a try. For those who just love refreshing sprays, it is an awesome product. I love the strong botanical smell, and the bottle which dispenses the product in a very light and thin way. Feels very refreshing. I use it both under and after makeup. I didn’t repurchase though , because $50 is a little too much for it.

155 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
St. Catharines
il y a 11 jours
Viviana B. • il y a 6 jours
the grape water one has only one ingredient and you should consider it like an hydrating mist with bunch of antioxidants! this one has in fact a bunch of products to make ur skin “glow” before and after makeup...if this can help you it’s like a natural setting makeup spray with a highly herbal scent, hope this has helped you somehow!
Mississauga
il y a 13 jours
Avery C. • il y a 4 jours
Depends on what’s worth it to you. Truly I’ve never noticed any life changing changes but i LOVE the smell and rely on it especially for traveling via airplane. It quenches my skin in the dry air.
New Castle, DE
il y a 13 jours
Caudalie Beauty Elixir The Secret of Makeup Artists What can you say about this product, do you recommend?
Mar Z. • il y a 10 jours