BY CAUDALIE

Inspired by the elixir of youth used by Queen Isabelle of Hungary, this skincare smoothes features, tightens pores and provides an instant burst of radiance to the complexion. Spray on before applying your cream, or at any time of the day for an... see more...

• I have been looking for a good toner for sensitive, combination s...1 Answers
  • How is it used? it works?1 Answers
Swetha V.
new york
Beauty Junkie Expert
i love this spray. It is super refreshing and musky in scent. I have combo skin with oily t-zone so typically i shy away from any sort of sprays since i dont really need the extra hydration. Also-before i knew better and used to try different sprays, i remember there were many that actually dried out my skin after the initial moisture dried down. Anyways-this spray is different. I use it typically in the winter prior to starting my makeup prep or after depending on when I need moisture. If i use it before makeup i use it after my gel moisturizer and before my primer. It doesnt accentuate oil, it doesnt break down foundation, it gives you a super nice glow without giving you unnatural shine.
Liz L.
Russellville, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this beauty elixir with my moistening routine. And I really stress to my teens how important it is to moisturize because I love how amazing my face feels and looks using this product and I will definitely buy it again, I only wish I would have started focusing on moisturizer in my early 20's lol, but I think I at least was good and started making it a normal part of my routine when I turned 30.
Joy L.
Dunbar, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is an interesting product. While I love the way it feels on my skin, I’m honestly not sure that it does anything special? I feel like I get the same effect from rosewater that costs under $10 a BIG bottle. This also has a very unique smell that reminds me of a spa, very natural and earthy. I get the feeling someone would either love it or hate it so I suggest you give it a sniff at your local Sephora before you purchase it blindly. It does do a good job refreshing my makeup or bringing some life back to my skin if I’ve overdone it with the powder but again, nothing super special, Hence my three star review. I’m just not sure it’s worth the price?
Jennifer T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mist refresherns your face with just a couple of sprays. It was a bit hard for me to get used to because I felt like I was spraying breath freshener on my face. It smells really minty and after awhile of using it I got used to the smell because the feeling felt really good after. It definitely feels refreshened after a couple of sprays. It worked really well on those summer days when you can't get anything to make you feel cooler.. you spray this on, and feel as if you just had washed your face with cold water.
Victoria C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This spray is really refreshing however it's very strong in scent and too much for me. It smells very earthy and sort of like perfume and like a vineyard like it should. The spray is the most amazing spray I have ever used. Perfectly distributed and soft and thin mist. I used this as a toner after I washed my face. Saves a lot of cotton pads from being used like a regular toner uses. It's a glass bottle so very nice quality.
Didi |.
Brooklyn
This beauty elixir is so refreshing. A friend of mine let me try it out once. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice scent and refreshing feeling I got. 1-2 sprays is enough to give you a quick wake me up as well as some added moisture. The price of the travel size is not bad to try this out if you don't want to purchase the full size right away. But after you try it out, you'll want to invest in the full size.
Anna H.
Rosemead, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Got a travel size of this to try out and it was disappointing. The smell is very herbal and medicinal, which I didn't like at all as it lingers for a bit. It leaves my skin very oily and doesn't absorb into the skin at all. I tried using it as a setting spray but couldn't get over how strong it smelled and oily I looked. Tried to use it as a skincare, it didn't do much for my skin.
Ling P.
This elixir feels great when you put it on, but I didn't see a difference in my skin. I was told this would help reduce the look of my pores but I didn't see any changes. The mist the nozzle produces is very fine and refreshing. If you are looking for a product to refreshen your look in the middle of the day this would work, but if you are looking for a toner type product this isn't it.
Sydney M.
Kng Of Prussa, PA
This beauty elixir is like a breath of fresh air. I mostly use it in the summer as a midday pick-me-up to refresh my makeup. It smells herbal and medicinal. Some might not like that but I find it very comforting and refreshing. This mist does what it claims to do. It cleans like a toner, refreshes your makeup and it cools you down after a workout if your face is flushed.
Jacqueline B.
At the end of the day a lot of face mists are just water - fancy water - that you spray on to help refresh your skin throughout the day to refresh. If I'm spending money on that I will always choose Caudalie Beauty Elixir. The combo of essential oils acts like a shot of espresso to wake you up and calm you with it's scent and the cooling feel on your skin. Extra points for the marketing story behind it of it being based on an old royal recipe.
Sierra G.
I have been looking for a good toner for sensitive, combination skin and have read great things about this product. However, I am worried about skin irritation from the fragrance. How light is this product on the skin and does it work well for those who are highly sensitive?
Victoria A.
How is it used? it works?