Catan: Family Edition Board Game

by Mayfair Games

E-CATAN

Is this a great game for family game night? Easy to learn how to play?
Have you ever played the board game Catan? If not, I highly recommend giving this game as a try on your next family game night! 🏡👨‍👩‍👧‍👦😍❤️🥳🤩Catan: Family Edition Board Game
Where did you find the best deal to purchase it?
Start your review of Catan: Family Edition Board Game!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
It's great for many reasons, but my favorite reasons are that its a new game every time, and that games can take a really long time or a really short time depending on how many people are playing.in reviews
I never thought this game would be much fun for me because all my male friends got into it the same way they do with video games.in reviews
Sandra G.
Birmingham , AL
My family has this game, and we all like it. The kids particularly LOVE it. The things that *might* give you a hang up; The base set of the game only accommodates 4 players, If you have a larger family than that... like we do, you need the *extension* set also, which makes it cost a bit more to play. That said, the game is totally worth it. My kids have learned so much about planning, about how societies develop, what sorts of things are necessary and the time it takes to grow a civilization. The base game is actually very simple in concept, but there's so much to do! If you wish, there are "expansion" sets. These are not different versions of the original game, but ways to introduce more factors into your game - like seafaring voyages and exploration. Sometimes I cannot even keep up with what's from the original game and what's new, but the instruction booklets are really helpful and once you jump in and play, you are on a roll.
Kim M.
Catan: Family Edition Board Game uploaded by Kim M.
SUCH a fun game! Easy to learn and play. Takes maybe 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many people play. Definitely a game you should add to your collection. It has dice so there is some luck involved but skill and thinking as well. We love it!! Catan: Family Edition Board Game
Kenny O.
Bay City, MI
This game is great fun. Be sure to play with several friends and family members for a GOOD OL' TIME
Catherine A.
South Berwick, ME
Love. This. Game! It's a staple in our home and our lake house. You definitely need 4 people to play (not so fun with 2/3) very basic rules, and it's very easy to learn. We're slowly adding the expansion/extensions to our collection and learning new versions. This is great for game night with friends!
Steven T.
Wichita Falls, Tx
The game that really started it all for me. This game is a great introduction into the new world of hobby board games. It is a super simple game to teach but has a lot of depth and replayability due to the randomized setup.
Tina N.
Harvey, LA
Love settlers of Catan!  Played this during game night and it's very addicting!  Requires a lot of strategical thinking, and could last for hours.
Erish M.
Northridge, CA
Catan: Family Edition Board Game uploaded by Erish M.
This game is so much fun! There are so many strategies to win. So with a bit of luck, anyone can win. I've played this game so much that we had to make it more challenging. We would mix up the number instead of putting them in order and placed them face down. We would place our two settlements and roads, then before we start rolling the dice, reveal the numbers. It makes it that more difficult, and sometimes, just because you end up with good numbers, doesn't mean you'll win!
Sarah D.
Richmond, KY
Purchased at: Target
My family is so addicted to this game. We have played it for years!! It is a strategy game and might be 30 minutes or 5 hours! This is the main board that you have to have if you want to play the other versions (cities & knights, etc.). It is a little complicated to learn but once you get the hang of it...there is no going back. Our kids even learned it around 8 years of age (even though they mostly bought the development cards).
Cindy S.
Vacaville, CA
This is the best board game ever!!! Games take a while to play, but it's so worth it! We had to get two boards + expansion so that everyone could play.
Paige G.
Richmond, VA
A classic! We love this game if you have time to kill and just a few people. It is always good for a laugh and definitely requires both luck and strategy. A good empire building game, or reminiscent of farm-building or homestead-building games.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Brenda S.
Prince Rupert , BC
il y a 4 ans
Cassidy S. il y a 2 ans
Secret Hitler is super fun if you like competitive and fooling your friends. Deception is a great murder mystery game