BY ROBERT ZEMECKIS

Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis and two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks reunite to explore the blessings and heartache of fate and the survival of the human spirit. Tom Hanks gives one of the towering screen performances of all time as Chuck Noland, a FedEx systems engineer whose ruled-by-the-clock existence abruptly ends when a harrowing plane crash leaves him isolated on a remote island. As Chuck struggles to survive, he finds that his own personal journey has only just begun...

• Is this inspiring?2 Answers
  • Cast Away love it or Leave it (wilsonūüė≠)?1 Answers
  • Does anyone else want to completely change their life after watch...1 Answers
Cast Away
  • "Poor Tom Hanks in Cast Away.I would have been crazy.he is a great actor and he pulled this movie off very well.I would watch it again." in 19 reviews
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a definite classic movie that you can watch over and over.  It keeps you on the edge of your seat even when you know what is going to happen.  I love Tom Hanks in this movie.  It brings me to tears every time I watch it.  I would definitely recommend you watch this if you haven't seen it yet.
Florence N.
Magnolia, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I absolutely love this movie! Tom Hanks is an incredible actor in the first place and to be willing to go through that much physical change for a role is true dedication. The scene with Wilson will always be a classic and I could watch this move countless times and never get tired of it!
Val V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
this movie cost 90 million to make and grossed over 230 million. it hit heavy to the public this was one of the first movies my whole family wanted to go see together. acting was decent my favorite is when he makes the volleyball his best friend LOL
Renee C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was a depressing moving. It was very quiet (which is understandable) but very sad. I put myself in his shoes and can't even imagine the type of misery I'd feel being stranded without any way to contact my loved one and tell them that I'm still alive.
Anna C.
American Cyn, CA
This is one of the old movies that I love to watch over and over. Although, its kind of long and the pacing of the scenes are slow, but I can forgive that because the story is beautiful. It will make you cry, hopeful, afraid, and of course believe that at the end of it all Love will prevail. Go watch this movie and I'm sure you'll say its worth my time:)
Jessi O.
Sparks, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this movie. I cry Every time I watch it because it is such a great movie. If you haven't watched it I highly suggest you do because you will cry just like I did. The are amazing in the movie. It's sad but it is so good so it is a must watch!
Crystal L.
Really liked this movie, love Tom Hanks great actor. Wanted to give an A- but going with B+ because movie seemed so long with some slow pacing but only in mid. Then again I like a lot of action, edge of my seat, what happens next kind of movie. Overall is wonderful and not sure if anyone else could have pulled off this role.
Angelica M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie always reminds me of when my grandma took me to the theaters to see it, I was so scared cause he got lost at sea I was crying the whole time (as it is I was only seven). Now when I watch it I don't understand why I cried so much, it's a really good movie about survival. Definitely recommend this movie!!
Amanda C.
Memphis , TN
this is a ok of a movie i mean i cried of course but to many tom hanks has done alot better movies. he is an incredible actor i don't think anyone else could have played the part for sure maybe that's why i didn't hate the movie
Laura T.
Broadway, NC
I feel like this is one movie you have to see just once to understand the pop culture references but it is definitely not good enough to watch more than once. You will never look at a Fedex Truck the same again! My favorite scene is the end....watch it to see for yourself.
Bianca A.
Tulare, CA
Be honest. Anyone else cry when he lost Wilson? I did lol
Caroline W.
Needham, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Would you survive on an island by yourself like Tom Hanks did in this movie ?
Crystal L.
Would you have made the risk and attempted to save 'Wilson' if you were in same situation?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this inspiring?
Jade P.
Holland, MI
I've never seen this, but heard it was a classic. Is it worth the watch?