Cast Away

by Robert Zemeckis

Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis and two-time Oscar winner Tom Hanks reunite to explore the blessings and heartache of fate and the survival of the human spirit. Tom Hanks gives one of the towering screen performances of all time as Chuck Noland, a FedEx systems engineer whose ruled-by-the-clock existence abruptly ends when a harrowing plane crash leaves him isolated on a remote island. As Chuck struggles to survive, he finds that his own personal journey has only just begun...

Do you cry when Wilson floats away??
Is this inspiring?
Cast Away love it or Leave it (wilson😭)?
Start your review of Cast Away!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Poor Tom Hanks in Cast Away.I would have been crazy.he is a great actor and he pulled this movie off very well.I would watch it again.in reviews
Fontana, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
1,213 reviews
Cast Away uploaded by Donna S.
Great movie! It’s got some moments of humor and some of desperation and isolation. We recently watched it again, maybe for the third time, on cable TV. Good actors, good acting, great storyline. If you haven’t watched it, you should. 😇
Norwalk, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 7
1,420 reviews
I'm in the minority, but I was not a fan. I love Tom Hanks, I love a long story. I was good with all the elements. It just got boring. Theres so many movies with the whole man vs nature theme and this one fell flat in my opinion. The Wilson thing was both funny and really sad. And even though I didnt expect a feel good ending, the ending just left me hanging and I felt really like I had wasted hours of my life for nothing. I'm a huge movie buff and I watch the same films over and over. I dont even own this one, I disliked it that much.
Pearcy, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a definite classic movie that you can watch over and over.  It keeps you on the edge of your seat even when you know what is going to happen.  I love Tom Hanks in this movie.  It brings me to tears every time I watch it.  I would definitely recommend you watch this if you haven't seen it yet.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This was a depressing moving. It was very quiet (which is understandable) but very sad. I put myself in his shoes and can't even imagine the type of misery I'd feel being stranded without any way to contact my loved one and tell them that I'm still alive.
South Bend, IN
Such a good movie! So sad! Keeps you watching the whole time! You never look away! He played such a good role. Makes you think what your life would be like if you were in his shoes
Magnolia, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I absolutely love this movie! Tom Hanks is an incredible actor in the first place and to be willing to go through that much physical change for a role is true dedication. The scene with Wilson will always be a classic and I could watch this move countless times and never get tired of it!
I love this movie. It's a awesome thriller and always keeps me watching. I recommend watching this movie. This is one of the best Tom Hanks movies ever.
Millington , TN
this is a ok of a movie i mean i cried of course but to many tom hanks has done alot better movies. he is an incredible actor i don't think anyone else could have played the part for sure maybe that's why i didn't hate the movie
Broadway, NC
I feel like this is one movie you have to see just once to understand the pop culture references but it is definitely not good enough to watch more than once. You will never look at a Fedex Truck the same again! My favorite scene is the end....watch it to see for yourself.
Austin , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is a classic. I cringe every time I watch it and it gets to the part where he's trying to start a fire with some sticks. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch it at least once in your lifetime.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...