Casella Wines Yellow Tail Pinot Noir - Shiraz uploaded by Melody R.Casella Wines Yellow Tail Pinot Noir - Shiraz uploaded by Shenora J.Casella Wines Yellow Tail Pinot Noir - Shiraz uploaded by Danielle S.

BY YELLOW TAIL

Casella Wines [Yellow Tail]® Pinot Noir - Shiraz. see more...

Casella Wines Yellow Tail Pinot Noir - Shiraz
  • "If you know how to shop for good wine you can most certainly get a GOOD Piniot Noir for around the same price. " in 13 reviews
  • "Pinot noir is my favorite kind of wine, and I gave the Yellow Tail a shot at a party where it was the only option of red wine." in 13 reviews
  • "if you are looking for a cheap wine that tastes pretty good stick with Barefoot or Concannon. " in 7 reviews
  • "I am becoming a wine snob so my ability to drink cheap wine has declined but when the option is cheap wine..." in 7 reviews
  • "I think for the price point of this wine, it is a very good wine for red wine lovers." in 3 reviews
Melody R.
Seattle, WA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I'm not typically a red wine drinker but it was cheap and on sale so I gave it a shot. It is much dryer than I go for but was still fairly drinkable. It had a little spice to it and was tart like underripe cherries. Other than that it didn't have a ton of flavor. My friend (also not a red wine drinker) also managed to drink a glass and said it didn't taste like much of anything. In short, not much personality but it could be good in a sangria.
Mackenzie A.
This is a decent wine. Yellow tail isn’t my favorite wine but it’s one that I will drink if it’s available. It’s an affordable wine and has a lot of variety and is available pretty much everywhere.
Dana J.
Abbeville, LA
Tastes dry but it is still delicious . The first red wine I have actually ever liked . The price was reasonable as well. I will definitely keep purchasing this wine. It met all of my expectations of what I feel a red wine should taste like. Definitely deserves 5 stars!
Danielle P.
Matawan, NJ
Pinot noir has become my favorite wine. Yellow tail is the best bang for your buck. I get a big bottle and drink a glass a night throughout the week, the smaller bottle just doesn’t last me all week. It’s such a great wine and such a great flavor.
Danielle D.
For ladies who normally do not drink red wine, this is nice segway into the red world. It is smooth and full without being too much or too bitter. Can be found at grocery or drug stores and is definitely fairly priced!
Madeline B.
Dallas, TX
I'll admit, I'm a little bit of a pinot noir snot when it comes to certain brands. However, I always keep an open mind because I always enjoy trying new things. This wine is not something I would buy again. This does not resemble any of the attributes of a classic pinot noir. It tastes more like a weak cabernet, which is not for me. Pinot noir is supposed to have a lot more body with rounded flavors and some spiciness that gives you the warmth in the back of your throat. This is just a bad imitation. Granted, pinot noirs can be expensive due to the types of grapes used and being grown in only certain parts of the county. Sometimes it's nice to find a substitute for your favorite $60 bottle you run out of every week. This is not it. I'd go for Mark West instead. It's about $13/bottle and is much more accurate.
Sara S.
Naples, FL
Perfect easy to find and tried and true Pinot Noir to have on hand.
My husband and I are huge Pinot Noir fans. We tried this on a whim and were both very pleased with the aroma and smoothness. It is rich but not overpowering. This is a noir we keep on hand for dinners and a shared evening glass of wine. Not necessarily a wine to impress guests but one to have on hand and no one would complain.
Celina M.
Not a fan of this particular wine brand. It was super bitter for my taste and I had a hard time finishing the bottle. I'm super picky with alcohol though so that might be it. I can't remember if I used it to cook or not... did not purchase again.
Beth B.
Martinez, GA
This is a pretty good wine for being so low cost. It's my go-to when I don't have anything fancy laying around the house, and want to serve a decent red with dinner, or just relax after a long day. Most of the yellow tail wines are pretty good, actually. If I'm at the grocery store, and need something quick, this bottle is always my pick.
Fatima C.
Gardena, CA
Yellow tail Pinot Noir is a smooth tasting wine. It is a great wine for winelovers like myself. once you taste Pinot Noir the taste stays on the tongue and in the memory a little longer than some wines. I always order Pinot Noir when I am out to a restaurant having dinner.(which is how I prefer it ) or just when I'm hanging around the house enjoying life, I love to sip on a glass of wine.
Caitlin K.
Woodside, NY
Do you find this wine to be dry?
donna t.
Meriden, CT
Is it sweet??
nicole w.
Florence, AL
I like sweet fruity red wine, is there a yellow tail like that?
Amber H.
Spring Hill, FL
What food should I serve with this?
Anita S.