BY CAROL'S DAUGHTER

Lisa’s nana, Marguerite, was a woman of many talents. In addition to being a wonderful cook and baker, Nana also made her own hairdress. When a perm had someone’s hair falling out, they would come to Maggie for some of her magic. This intense conditioning cream recaptures some of this magic–It brings life back to hair that is dry or over-processed. The blend of Soybean Oil with Cocoa and Shea Butters deeply nourishes your hair to restore its natural strength, soften and improve manageability. It’s sure to become a part of your daily maintenance for beautiful, healthy hair.

Powerful ingredients at work:

• Beeswax
  • Corn Oil

How To Use

DIRECTIONS:
Place a small amount into the palm of your hands, and then rub hands together. Apply to damp or dry hair. Gently work into your hair and scalp, with an extra focus on the ends, where there may be more damage. Style hair as you normally would.

EXTRA WAYS TO USE:

• Styling cream for natural hairstyles
  • Leave-in moisturizer on wet hair after washing
  • Hair and scalp moisturizer
  • Daily maintenance on children’s hair

Ingredients

Aqua/Eau (Water), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cera Alba/Cire Dabeille (Beeswax), Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, o-Cymen-5-Ol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Myristic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Eugenol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil. Ingredients may vary.

• Has the formula for this product changed since it's been ...2 Answers
  • Does anyone else's hair get a little greasy when using th...2 Answers
AB B.
My first Carol's Daughter purchase. Very nourishing, but the smell is not my favorite. I like the thickness of the cream for my hair while I was a loose natural. It's not ideal for my dreads, though I still use it from time to time for a bit of shine.
Valencia P.
Los Angeles , CA
This butter is a little too thick for my hair. It adds a shine to my hair. I wouldn’t use it to hold twist out. It’s more of a daily moisturizer or scalp treatment.Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream
Rae D.
Suffolk, VA
This is an average product. Tbh I use to use CD products quite often and has been a big supporter since forever but the quality of the products are not the same. For years I have used marguerites magic, health hair butter, hair milk, black vanilla leave in, and mimosa hair honey. Now sadly the only product I still truly love is the mimosa hair honey. Basically this product and the others are not 4c kinky hair friendly l. I find it does the exact opposite of restoring hair because it drys it off and makes it break off easy which is things I do not desire especially for the price (all so be aware CD went from department store to drug store and has rebranding so I’m sure formula has changed) I do NOT recommend this product or brand (especially for kinky hair) 3 stars was being nice tbh.
emmanuelle. t.
Laurel , MD
Used this for the first time this past weekend and my twist out results were great! My hair was dry when I used it but next time I will try on wet hair to see if there is a difference. It has a floral smell. You smell the soybean and wheat germ as well. It’s had great hold and shine as well. A friend recommended it and I am glad I tried it out!
UrHiness B.
This is such an amazing product, for me especially since my hair is coiled. I also enjoyed the smell. You only have to use a relatively small amount compared to hair because it is very thick. i would definitely recommend this product despite its slightly higher price point.
Ashley M.
Brooklyn , NY
I.am.a.fan.
I have always struggled with dry/brittle hair. Split ends....It wasn't until I started using this twice a week that my stylist asked what I was doing! My hair is so much stronger because of this product- HIGHLY recommend!!
Nicole R.
Moisture does not last long. It tends to work better on wet hair. I apply to my daughters hair everyday as a styling pomade. I love that its not greasy but using too much can cause build up.
The scent is nice and light.
Monique B.
Knoxville, TN
This is another hair product by Carol's Daughter that I love to use. I bought Marguerite's Magic Restorative Cream because I needed some type of product to revive my hair and give it moisture without having to add an product to it every day, which tends to weigh my hair down. At first, this cream is thick, but once you work it into you hair, it does wonders. I recommend not using a lot of the product, or else it is greasy and heavy. I section my hair and use a little after shampooing my hair. After I blow dry, I use on my scalp. I love the results of using this product - My hair seems stronger, it shines, and is protected from the sun and the blow dryer/flat iron.
Ky'Ree T.
Riverside, CA
Amazing smell. Awesome for 4abc hair textures. Hydrates/ Moisturises hair. Adds a little shine. Keeps the hair moisturized throughout the day. This is a wonderful product overall and your curly hair will love it.
brittany o.
I have curly, thick, dry hair and I bought this so that I could protect my hair and make it shinier, less dry, and stronger. I didn't really feel like it did much of a difference. Maybe if I applied it more frequently it would make a difference. I tired applying it before styling my hair, but if I ever used more than a little bit, my hair would be really greasy. Overall, a regular product.
Brittany B.
St Petersburg, FL
Has the formula for this product changed since it's been made available in Walgreens stores?
brittany o.
Does anyone else's hair get a little greasy when using this?