BY CAROL'S DAUGHTER

When your hair has the right balance of moisture the rest just falls into place - manageability, shine, softness - no matter how dry, dull or brittle the hair. So, fix it in an instant with help from this sulfate-free, color-safe shampoo that cleanses and restores your natural moisture without adding weight to your hair. Aloe Leaf Juice hydrates your hair so it’s softer and more manageable, while Sweet Clover and Rose Extract give hair oodles of healthy shine.

Water (Aqua),Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-2 Cocamide, Fragrance (Parfum), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Melilotus Officinalis Extract, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-7, Potassium Cocoate, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Caramel. Ingredients may vary.

• I love the idea of sulfate free hair products. Is this truly a go...2 Answers
  • Is carols daughter a brand made mainly for ethnic hair? 2 Answers
  • Does this actually smell like vanilla?1 Answers
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Sulfate-free Shampoo For Dry Dull Or Brittle Hair
Rosie O.
Florida
This literally is the most amazing product for curly hair. Not only will it make your hair feel silky smooth, but the Vanilla scent is so delicious. I love that it has aloe and the ingredients are natural. Its worth every penny. I have purchased carols daughter about 4 times,  combined with the matching conditioner. It will last you a long time, a little goes a long way, its not a shampoo that will suds up but it definitely leaves your hair clean. I recommend this shampoo and (conditioner) to anyone looking for a natural shampoo for curly hair.
Erin P.
Baltimore, MD
My very first time trying Carol’s Daughter shampoo. I was very impressed at how it made my hair feel. Most shampoos leave my hair dry and brittle. But, this shampoo didn’t. I have naturally curly hair and this was very gentle. Not to mention the scent was amazing. The packaging is very basic and to the point. The packaging really didn’t draw me in at first but I decided to give it a try. This product wasn’t very friendly on my pockets but in a way it’s well worth the price.
ellie r.
NY
I know this line was developed with curly girls in mind, but it works beautifully for wavy girls with medium/coarse hair too.
Since it's sulfate free, I wash twice. First time it's like a pre-wash. I use a little massage into my scalp then rinse. The second wash is my normal shampoo routine and it lathers beautifully the 2nd time around.
It's the first shampoo I've ever used that actually left my hair feeling soft before conditioning. Excellent product.
Alexis U.
I love this product; i'm very keen on what shampoo and conditioner I'm using and this was definitely on my list. I love that the shampoo is sulfate free. This shampoo lathers very well And doesn't leave your hair with a dry texture. The Smell is amazing if you like the smell of vanilla. I definitely recommend that you add this product to your shampoo list you won't be disappointed.
Erica E.
Bloomington
I switched to this shampoo a couple of weeks ago. I purchased it because it was sulfate free. The smell isn’t super over powering which I like but it still leaves your hair smelling great, I’ve gotten compliments on it quite a few times. It lathers which I like compared to other sulfate free shampoos so your hair feels clean and healthy.
Brooke S.
Cross Lanes , WV
Healthy ingredients for the win! This product has no harsh chemicals and is nice product to quench my curls without drying them out at all! The smell is to DIE FOR!!! My boyfriend steals it and uses it any chance he gets but I don’t blame him! It’s a lovely product and I highly recommend!
Danielle G.
Love the shampoo for the price point. Made my hair feel great. I have think dark course straight hair that can be dry. This left my hair feeling great. Loved the pric and availablity of the shampoo. My husband even liked the way it worked on his hair.
Jennifer P.
Chicopee
I bought the black vanilla shampoo set bc of all the great reviews plus I love the hair milk line so I figured I'd give it a shot. Boy was I disappointed. After shampooing my hair felt dry and straw-like (I have a LOT of fine 2c/3a, frizz prone, hair). It smells great and evened out after conditioning with the black vanilla conditioner but my hair just needs more moisture than this can provide. Honestly it felt a lot like a regular ol' shampoo. I had to use way more conditioner than shampoo to get my hair soft again. But even soaking wet my hair started to frizz almost immediately. Sadly not for me.
Brittany R.
Sacramento , CA
Just smell it. Seriously, just let the aroma waft into your nostrils. This is literally the best smelling shampoo I have ever used. Like compliments from everyone the days I use this line, perfume is not necessary at all
Martika B.
Houston
Carols daughter is great for natural kinky hair. It smells great and I use this product because it doesn't leave my hair dry and brittle after a wash. My curls are semi detangled enough to come through without great force and i have very thick kinky hair.A great product.
Sigourney C.
I would like to know , how well it works in dry natural , and kids with thick an no so thick hair.
Jessica D.
Highland Mls, NY
Is carols daughter a brand made mainly for ethnic hair?
Andrea D.
San Diego, CA
Does it have a strong odor?
LaDonna C.
Temple, TX
I love the idea of sulfate free hair products. Is this truly a good product and will it make hair feel and look healthy? Using Monat revitalize shampoo and conditioner right now and like my hair looking healthy but need stay in budget too. Monat is so expensive.
Antoinette W.
MANSFIELD, TX
Does this actually smell like vanilla?