• Who has been on a cruise?5 Answers
  • Is this cruise line better than the others?3 Answers
  • How was the service? I especially want to know how it was for tho...1 Answers
Carnival Cruise Line
  • "They have a lot of ports that they visit, and a lot of great things they do a board the ships to keep their Guest occupied and to have a great time." in 60 reviews
  • "From the mini waterparks on board, the fine dinner expierences, and just all that they had to do onboard was so much fun." in 35 reviews
  • "Now that we've already been on the biggest ship we're switching to Royal Caribbean for bigger ships and newer amenities." in 29 reviews
  • "We're not big on partying so we don't usually visit the nightclubs or bars, but it doesn't matter because there's always something going on." in 28 reviews
  • "Their food is very mediocre, and while their servers give the most amazing service, their company's customer service is very bad." in 23 reviews
Kierstyn M.
Lexington, NC
I cruised on he Carnival Ecstasy in January 2017 with my boyfriends family. We had a wonderful time and didn’t have very many complaints. The ship was small which left us bored within the first day because it felt like we had seen everything already. The pool and hot tubs were always occupied and the bars were always pretty busy. We had zero complaints about the food. I was surprised how well it actually tasted, especially for a cruise ship. I do wish the dining hall had stricter rules for the formal night. My group followed the rules by wearing long formal gowns and nice dress pants and ties to dinner while everyone else wore swimming trunks and sandals. It made the experience not what we were hoping for. The rooms are small but if you don’t over pack and keep your stuff organized, it’s not a problem. We did find that the room had one outlet by the vanity and an outlet in the bathroom that did not work. We took a plug in strip so we had extra outlets to use. The bed was actually two twin sized beds pushed together but they weren’t uncomfortable. The split in the middle was actually useful when the seas would get rough. If you stick your leg in the split, you won’t roll out of the bed! I do recommend taking a shoe organizer to hang on the bathroom door to keep toiletries in since there’s zero counter space in the bathroom. The WiFi sucked but that’s okay! I was thankful that it worked long enough to call my babies back home in the states when we ported. We had a great time and will cruise with Carnival again, but not on the same ship.
Annie M.
San Antonio, TX
Cruising with carnival has its pros and cons... some of the pros are definitely the cost, carnival cruises are by far the cheapest way to cruise. Carnival also is very family friendly, so if you have kids and want a cheaper trip this is a great option... but can also be a con... because there are normally a lot of children on these cruises or people trying to safe....
food on carnival cruise is medicore at best, some things are good and other not so much. You really have to go and sample a little bit of everything and then just go back for what’s good the rest of the trip!
rooms are decent, what you would get at like a 3.5 star hotel, but the cabin help is AMAZING! They are always super friendly and over willing to help with anything.
the guest service staff of the other hand.... isn’t always the friendliest or very helpful.
there is a casino on every boat, children aren’t allowed on the carpet at all, they will get angry at you if you have a child with you. Tip, gamble the first couple nights, that’s when most win because they are trying to lure you in ;)
if you like yo drink carnival is also a good option because they have a $50 per day drinking package, which is 100% Worth it!
for kids you can get a soda package which is nice to have and they will put the sodas in any cup you bring! We always bring our yeti!  Also with carnival the more you cruise the better benefits you get, so start cruising now ;)
Regina E.
The experience was absolutely amazing. When I first got on the boat, I was honestly scared. It was my first time on a ship and hey, the titanic was a thing. But the entire staff made me feel safe and there was a meeting with all the passengers and staff telling us how to be safe, and that in case of an emergency there was enough rescue boats for everyone to fit on. The room was pretty small, but it was nice for a short stay. There was a safe to keep money and valuables in, which I found to be very helpful for my family. The food was amazing and every day there was something for everyone. I am personally a vegetarian and I had no problem finding yummy food that fit my diet. The boat was always clean and it was honestly so beautiful. I loved how bright and open everything was, and dining on the deck was truly magical. There were games to play, a gym, tv, a pool, hot tubs, miniature golf, and so much more, it is impossible to get bored ! And you HAVE to go to the fancy dinner at least once. The food was amazing, the entertainment was extraordinary, and the hosts were incredible. I had no problems at all during this trip and I can not wait to plan my next cruise with this company.
CarrieJo M.
Los Angeles
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've only been on one cruise, but it was tons of fun! Upgraded to an aft balcony room and it was definitely worth the extra money. The views alone would have made it worth it, but the extra space in the room was a lifesaver! The highlight of the trip was definitely one of their provided excursions to the Altun Ha ruins and a river boat cruise following- who doesn't love baby monkeys and manatees! My boyfriend and I had a great time attending their nighttime movies out by the pool and we got crazy competitive at the mini golf course on board. The comedian on board was also surprisingly funny and the entertainment was much better than I expected. The formal dinners had pretty great food every night, but the provided breakfast and lunch options were just average in my opinion. That's really the only negative thing I can think of. I know there are fancier cruise lines out there, but Carnival was a great fit for us!
jerusha R.
Denver, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I went on a week-long cruise with Carnival and had a good time. The first port day, though, I felt like they didn’t do a very good job with coordinating and time management. My group tried to get on a shuttle that was recommended by the cruise line, and it was HORRIBLE! We spent hours waiting, and it was a huge waste of time and money. (I wanted to leave, but my group insisted that Carnival wouldn’t recommend something that would be a waste of time or money. False.) The people had no idea how to handle the number of customers, and Carnival had clearly not communicated with them at all. The next port, I planned everything and refused to use any of carnival’s resources or recommendations. It was the only day that everyone had a blast and felt like they got their money’s worth. The cruise itself was fun and shows were great, but their expeditions are overpriced and not fun.
Lauren B.
Sanford, FL
Carnival is a great family cruise ship. There’s something for everyone from bingo to late-night shows for the adults to kids activities. Growing up, we used Carnival for all of our cruises and they have a great program to save you money if you are a repeat or past cruiser. Their customer service department is great, and we even have our own personal travel agent through Carnival who has helped us over the years. They will even help you celebrate your birthday or wedding anniversary with that sweet balloons and small gifts as a gesture for sailing with them. We have always enjoyed our time on carnival including the selection of ports and on-shore activities. The only thing that is a downfall is because it is a cruise line that has been around a while, some of the ships are older and in need of refurbishment.
David M.
I go on a cruise every Christmas, and carnival cruise is always at the top of my list! The staff is extremely friendly, the food is top notch and there is never a dull moment being that there is so much to do! There are tons of destinations to choose from and carnival cruise even has its own private islands in some areas in which they host cookouts for all their guest. The boat has several restaurants, nightclubs, has a gym, a salon and spa, casinos, and they do comedy shows.

Once you get to your destination, they are many activities/excursions that you can schedule through the boat such as swimming with dolphins or parasailing or adventuring on a guided tour by the locals. Always a great time and would highly recommend. See you this December!
Ashley H.
Tallahassee, FL
We went on The Carnival Valor for our first 5 day cruise and had the best time! I love the nightly movies on the main deck and the unlimited food the most! The comedy shows and casino are also some of my favorite memories of the vacation. We saw Killer Beaz both nights and were blown away! The staff was always available and super excited to help you with anything you needed, including directions which we utilized more than I'd like to admit. Half Moon Cay, the private island owned by Carnival was on our agenda and I'm pretty sure it's heaven on earth. You have to go there! Oh and did I mention the free food?
Jasmine E.
Marietta, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Carnival cruise line has always been the go to cruise line for me and my family. We’ve been on a lot of cruises together, and carnival never disappoints! The crew is always amazing, friendly, & courteous. The activities are always fun, there’s always something to do for every age group and every interest. The food is good, too. The last cruise I went on was a 7 day (I can’t remember which ship) but the comedy club on there was hilarious. I was in tears every single night. The club played good songs. The interactive games were lit 🔥. Everything was just great! My favorite part is that no matter your budget you can get a great cruise with carnival and have an amazing time! I think they’ll be my cruise line for life.
Dawn K.
Cincinnati, OH
We did a 7 night cruise to Punta Cana and Puerto Vallarta. It was our first cruise. We should have went for the unlimited beverage deal, but with being off the ship for 3 days of the trip we didn't think we'd get our money's worth. Do the unlimited beverage option, you'll thank me later! The weather was much cooler than predicted (not Carnivals fault) so we didn't get to enjoy much of the outdoor amenities. They had lots of stuff planned for the 4 days at sea inside. I felt like it would be a great experience for a short trip (maybe 3-4 day) but I prefer getting the full experience of an all inclusive resort. Kudos to the Carnival Staff for the games/planning while out to sea! Carnival Cruise Line
Rosemount, MN
What islands did you visit on your cruise?
Mary O.
Is this a good cruise for people between the age of 18 and 30?
Robin T.
Pomona, IL
I've never been, on a cruise before how well is there service ?
Bernadette C.
Stratford, PE
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Do you prefer a cruise, or all-inclusive vacation?
Jennifer W.
Cape Coral, FL
What's your favorite ship ?