Yosary M.
Yosary M.
New Brunswick, NJ

We all know by now that eating a healthy breakfast is essential. You're sharper and more focused mentally, while you have more energy overall physically; it's really hard to deny the benefits of a nutritious breakfast. I, personally, feel that eating in the morning puts me in a better mood, I feel less harried when I've had a filling breakfast. However, finding the time to prepare, cook and clean up a big breakfast isn't always easy, or possible. As a mother of two young kids, after they're fed and cleaned up, I'm left with mere minutes to eat, and grabbing a muffin or bagel is a quick and easy solution, but it's not always the most nutritious of options, not to mention higher in calories than I'd prefer to consume for my morning meal. Recently, I discovered Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials and I actually am surprised at how filling and tasty it is! And nutritious! When made with just one cup (8 ounces) of skim (fat-free) milk, it contains twice the amount of protein you'd get from one egg and double the calcium of an individual container (6 ounces) of yogurt for just 220 calories (and no fat to boot!). Each serving also is packed with 25 to 50% of the daily requirement of over twenty essential vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamins B6 and B12 which help convert food to energy as well as 45% of your daily recommended intake of Vitamin A which contains essential antioxidants. My favorite flavor of Carnation Instant Breakfast is Classic French Vanilla but both the strawberry and various chocolate varieties are also very good, the milk chocolate is my top chocolate pick. They also make sugar-free varieties, which is great news for those watching their sugars. I include a banana or a small bowl of berries with my Carnation Instant breakfast in order to round of my meal. A shake can't replace the valuable vitamins in fresh fruits (or vegetables) plus, chewing always leaves me feeling more satisfied than drinking! A few days after I started drinking my breakfast, I noticed that I was much more alert and attentive but more importantly, I didn't feel that dreaded crash that often comes along with eating a meal high in carbohydrates and sugar but low in protein, like a muffin. I also felt full for longer, I was able to make it to lunchtime without feeling like I wanted to nosh on some crackers or cookies in between. I cannot recommend Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials enough. I love the taste and I really can say I feel better since I've started drinking them.
Veronica R.
Veronica R.
Sept. 6, 2013, 11:08 a.m.
Quick ,easy and tasty
Lynn F.
Lynn F.
Sept. 2, 2013, 4:23 p.m.
Agreed. I love them. They're a great way to make sure you're getting a nutritious breakfast!
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
Aug. 27, 2013, 8 p.m.
So yummy! I actually look forward to them!
Theresa E.
Theresa E.
Aug. 26, 2013, 10:47 a.m.
Great taste healthy..
Chasity U.
Chasity U.
Aug. 20, 2013, 1:45 a.m.
I love them!!
Delane F.
Delane F.
Aug. 15, 2013, 4:20 a.m.
They really are delicious, I'm definitely going to be trying mine with berries now, I already add a banana, so good! :)
Jasmine B.