BY CARMEX #8 in Lip Care

Everyday Soothing Lip Balm External Analgesic. It Soothes.  It Heals.  It Protects.™ Suffering from chapped lips and occasional cold sores, Alfred Woelbing invented Carmex® lip balm in Milwaukee in the early 1930s. Formulated with a variety of natural ingredients, the mixture was carefully hand poured into small glass jars, which Alfred would sell to pharmacists from the trunk of his car. Over the last 70 years, people have come to love the kip balm that works like no other. Now available in flavors and with SPF, Carmex comes in squeeze tubes and click sticks; as well as Alfred s original formula in the little jar! The Woelbing family still runs the business today, answering every letter and email! Carmex is tested on family membe. see more...

• I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?20 Answers
  • I love this stuff, but it makes my lips go numb does this happen ...16 Answers
  • Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub ...41 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "it is super effective can heal the WORST chapped lips and you can feel it working right away it also has no smell which i like but taste nasty when it gets in your mouth." in 66 reviews
  • "All year long I struggle with dry and cracked lips and Carmex is one of the best brands of lip balm that I have discovered." in 12 reviews
  • "If you are looking for something that will always work to keep your lips dry or if you have a cold sore, carmax is the choice." in 11 reviews
  • "thisssssssss it amazing I love it especially in winter time I feel like it works instantly I use to use it everyday and I will go back " in 11 reviews
  • "I would recommend this to anyone looking for something cool and refreshing for their lips that don't have too much of a shine." in 7 reviews
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
I’ve been addicted to Carmex for years!! I really love it. I feel like it helps my dry lips very well and I’m constantly applying this stuff. If you have lips that are really bad this is a good treatment. I don’t recommend being like me however!! I think our lips naturally become dependent on formulas like this and become worse over time. I’ve since backed off of carmex and picked a more natural formula and my lips haven’t been so bad! Also this turned out to be the cause of bad breakouts on my boyfriends face since I was constantly kissing him! Since I’ve switched to Burt’s bees wax it’s stopped!
💋Cara S.
I LOVE THE GOOD OL' ORIGINAL CARMEX!!! I love it for when my lips feel chapped or dry and I love it for even when they don't! I have been buying and wearing Carmex since before they even came in squeezable tubes, but instead only came in the white glass containers with the yellow lids... so for forever ago, I KNOW! 🤣 I was so excited when the tubes finally arrived!! I even like to dress my Carmex up by applying my favorite lip liner first and then applying my Carmex - that has been a go-to trick of mine for ages! I always get complimented on it and they always want to know what I'm wearing on my lips bc I am constantly able change up which color liner I wear with it, so it can go from pinks, to reds, to plums, etc... but my answer is still the same - CARMEX & ______ liner! I am STILL getting all the amazing benefits of using Carmex all while looking good! I buy them in the multipack, so I always have one in my purse, my car, my nightstand, etc... you get the point! And that is, that I LOVE my Carmex & you SHOULD try it too!
Julie P.
This is one of the best lip products you can use during the cold harsh winter months to keep your lips from getting chapped and also even for healing chapped lips. Every year in the winter season this is all I use usually its just the original flavored carmex in either the twist up tube, the squeeze tube , or the little caex original in the little pot. It does wonders for my lips and it is most definately a lip balm for everyone to at least try in my believe. I never go without it.
Libby E.
Carmex chapsticks are great for lips that need that extra shine or for lips suffering from windburn, dryness or cracking. The product is thick in consistency and is extremely easy to apply to your lips... one squeeze and ta da! These tubes are perfect for traveling or even for longtime storage. Their assortment of flavors cater to every person’s wants. I highly recommend these to consumers looking for that extra pop on top of lipsticks or for those in need of healing.
Alicia H.
This is a tried and true favorite. If my lips have taken a beating and are feeling dry and icky, there is nothing I have found that makes them bounce back as quickly and effortlessly as this. It's seriously like magic. It has to be the one in the tube as it leaves a nice coating on your lips that lasts for hours. After less than a day of keeping my lips moisturized with this, they will bounce back from even their very driest state. You CAN NOT go wrong with this stuff.
Denise H.
If you've got painful, severely chapped lips, Carmex will help ease your discomfort and protect your lips so they can heal. The relief is immediate; as soon as you apply it, you'll feel so much better. My husband keeps a tube in his car at all times and it's come in handy for me more than once. Only warning: keep the tube stored somewhere cool and with the cap upright. If you leave it in a hot car, the product inside will expand and leak all over the place!
Bree Angelique M.
Royal Palm Beach

This chapstick is the ONLY ONE that can save my lips and take them from ANY state back to perfect in the matter of a day.

I love the original formula. No added scents or flavors. Just the regular medicated smelling, don’t get that nasty mess on your teeth formula. Lol

Seriously, though. It goes on clear, hydrated all day, heals, AND looks damn good lol Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tube

Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
Can't live without Carmex! Daily use for the last 15 years. It's well priced and moisturizing! The hydration lasts many hours! I apply maybe 2-3 times a day! I never have chapped lips because of this! I use when I wake up, then primer for my lipstick, then before I go to bed! I'm never without it! And a tube lasts probably 3-4 months while using a minimum of three times a day. Best bang for buck with this triple pack!

If you want to prevent chapping and maintain moisture this is for you!
sami m.
I love this product so much and it definitely helps whenever my lips are dry. I bought this product at meijer’s and it was very affordable for e three tubes it gives you. I am a huge fan of the packaging because it is very easy to squeeze out of the tube. The only reason I gave this a 4 was because it has a weird smell that is kinda strong but I would still recommend this product to others in spite of the smell because it still works very nice.
Kimberly M.
I like carmex and I would 100% use it again. It’s easy to obtain at your local drugstore and it’s effective, I’ve used it multiple times for many years. However, the issue i have with it is the taste. I drink a ton of drinks throughout the day, seltzer, soda, iced tea, water, lemonade, etc and it ruins the taste of all of them. I still like it but it does leave a weird taste combined with food or drink so make sure to wipe it off before!
Melissa M.
Seymour, CT
Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub version?
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
Who else uses this underneath lipstick?
Courtney B.
I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?
Heather S.
Orange Park, FL
I love this stuff, but it makes my lips go numb does this happen to anyone else?
Jonathan C.
Bloomington, CA
Do you feel your lips seem more chap after this has been absorbed?