BY CARMEX #19 in Lip Care

Everyday Soothing Lip Balm External Analgesic. It Soothes.  It Heals.  It Protects.™ Suffering from chapped lips and occasional cold sores, Alfred Woelbing invented Carmex® lip balm in Milwaukee in the early 1930s. Formulated with a variety of natural ingredients, the mixture was carefully hand poured into small glass jars, which Alfred would sell to pharmacists from the trunk of his car. Over the last 70 years, people have come to love the kip balm that works like no other. Now available in flavors and with SPF, Carmex comes in squeeze tubes and click sticks; as well as Alfred s original formula in the little jar! The Woelbing family still runs the business today, answering every letter and email! Carmex is tested on family membe. see more...

• I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to...22 Answers
  • I love this stuff, but it makes my lips go numb does this...16 Answers
  • Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the ro...42 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "Carmax is great for soothing raw, chapped lips. The rare times that this ends up happening during a freak cold winter down here, I stock up on this stuff and it works like a charm. I only wish I could remember to use it as a preventative as well as a restorative." in 1166 reviews
  • "So, I have Hydration issues that cause cracks on and in the corner of my lips. This product is GREAT for healing and hydrating! I've tried other products but none of them have the medicinal factors that Carmex has!! I buy my carmex at Walmart!" in 248 reviews
  • "it is super effective can heal the WORST chapped lips and you can feel it working right away it also has no smell which i like but taste nasty when it gets in your mouth." in 66 reviews
  • "All year long I struggle with dry and cracked lips and Carmex is one of the best brands of lip balm that I have discovered." in 12 reviews
  • "thisssssssss it amazing I love it especially in winter time I feel like it works instantly I use to use it everyday and I will go back " in 11 reviews
I use this product religiously in the Winter, it keeps my lips moisturizerized on those freezing days. Whenever I feel my lips getting chapped, since I am a lazy bug and let my lips get dried in early winter, I just then apply this product straight away and in about 2 days my lips are back to normal. And it smells so fresh and earthy. The only down side about this product is that it’s very liquidy, and it needs to be applied regularly throughout the day, which is expected on any hydrating lip product. Other than the liquidy effect, I love this product, its my go to everyday lip product whenever I’m not wearing a lip color. (P.s it’s so fun to apply on top of lipstick, it turns you drying lipstick lips to hydrated lipstick lips)  Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm Tube SPF 15
Allison M.
Ayer
I am addicted to chapstick, since I started moisturizing my lips as a kid I seriously have not gone a day without chapstick. I don't wear lipstick but need moisture and carmex is my favorite. This particular brand and the fact that it's a multipack make it the best. I love the carmex tingle and how smooth my lips feel. I buy the multipack because I need many at a time, a car chapstick, a bedside chapstick, purse, pocket, kitchen chapstick and a backup chapstick. The twist off cap is a must, if you forget it in your pocket and the chapstick goes through the washer and dryer it's not going to ruin your clothes. Hands down best chapstick ever!
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
I’ve been addicted to Carmex for years!! I really love it. I feel like it helps my dry lips very well and I’m constantly applying this stuff. If you have lips that are really bad this is a good treatment. I don’t recommend being like me however!! I think our lips naturally become dependent on formulas like this and become worse over time. I’ve since backed off of carmex and picked a more natural formula and my lips haven’t been so bad! Also this turned out to be the cause of bad breakouts on my boyfriends face since I was constantly kissing him! Since I’ve switched to Burt’s bees wax it’s stopped!
ASIA C.
Atlanta, Georgia
It’s addictive, it’s cheap, it’s compact, its easy to use & it gets the job. No matter what I’m doing or where I’m going i need my “Lippie stuff” as my niece calls it LOL. But seriously, I put this on as a base for my MAC lipgloss, my Fenty Beauty lipgloss, or just as a little glosser by its self. You can find it anywhere. I buy the multipack because I tend to misplace them & its super cheap 2.99 if that at Walmart. I would definitely recommend.
JeanShierlene B.
Azusa, CA
ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Liquid Lipstick
it easy to apply, it is not greasy,it is not sticky, it is pigmented, Good quality-priced product, Colourpop is the most customer oriented makeup brand I've ever found! They constantly ask for, listen to, AND deliver on feedback from both long-term and new customers! The shipping is always fast, and the products are always great!! Every time I wear Colourpop products, i get so many compliments on them. I. LOVE. COLOURPOP. ❤️❤️
Tammie H.
Kalamazoo
I really like the brand carmex for lip care. I suffer from allergies and I also live in an area where the weather changes in the blink of an eye.
Carmex soothes and repairs my chapped lips pretty quickly and keeps them healthy.
I would and have recommended carmex to friends and family.
Cpreto826
I really like Carmex if my lips are really chapped. I use some kind of Lip moisturizer all day every day, and I pride myself and knowing a large variety of different products. Carmax, however, I prefer only to use my lips are really chapped. It gives a burning sensation so that you really feel like it’s working, and it does make your lips feel better. But it’s a little bit strong if my lips aren’t really chapped and I just need a little moisture.
Aly E.
I have been using this product for as long as I can remember! Whenever I feel chapped lips coming on, Carmex comes in and saves the day. Not only does it help chapped lips, but it stops my cold sores! It’s crazy because I was using Abreva to heal the sore, but it wasn’t helping. I decided to just apply normal Carmex and it healed right up! I will forever be a user of this product.
Devona L.
Charlotte, NC
How can you possibly go wrong with Carmex’s original lip balm. Nothing fancy, but the affects are wonderful. This product does NOT leave your lips chapped, and will have your lips immensely soft. I’ve used this product for countless of years and will continue to purchase it!
Kara E.
Bristol
I hate the smell but I LOVE this lip balm. It’s the only thing that actually works for me! I glob it on, not because you have to, but because this is my go-to lip balm when my lips are super dry. It smells like medicine, but I think that’s why I choose the original flavor over the strawberry because the “medicine” like smell makes me feel like it works even better!
Melissa M.
Seymour, CT
Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub version?
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
Who else uses this underneath lipstick?
Courtney B.
I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?
Heather S.
Orange Park, FL
I love this stuff, but it makes my lips go numb does this happen to anyone else?
Jonathan C.
Bloomington, CA
Do you feel your lips seem more chap after this has been absorbed?