BY CARMEX #53 in Lip Care

Everyday Soothing Lip Balm. Broad Spectrum SPF 15/Sunscreen. Water Resistant Suffering from chapped lips and occasional cold sores, Alfred Woelbing invented Carmex® lip balm in Milwaukee in the early 1930s.  Formulated with a variety of natural ingredients, the mixture was carefully hand poured into small glass jars, which Alfred would sell to pharmacists from the trunk of his car.  Over the last 70 years, people have come to love the kip balm that works like no other.  Now available in flavors.  It Soothes.  It Heals.  It Protects.™ Carmex comes in squeeze tubes and click sticks; as well as Alfred s original formula in the little jar! The Woelbing f. see more...

• Ive been looking for a good lip balm for such long time! Have anyon...5 Answers
  • How well does this work with lipstick?5 Answers
  • How long does this protect yor lips?12 Answers
Ashia P.
Ashia P.
Memphis, TN
Carmex lip balm is always a life saver. I've been using it since high school! With the extreme heat temperature we have here in the Philippines, you could just imagine how fast my lips get chapped. Carmex is the only product that keeps my lips moisturized for hours. I wouldn't need to worry about my lips cracking (and bleeding) from dryness. Great for everyday commute and outdoor activities. Also, I love how the cherry scent makes everyone in the classroom stop and search where it's coming from (they always assume I have candy for that). The best part I like about this product is when I use it overnight; my lips always look and feel great when I wake up!
Rose P.
Rose P.
This is pretty much a staple for everyone, right? I always seem to have one or two of these around. It's like a lip balm plus lip gloss. I've been using it for years and will probably continue to. I try out other balms here and there but this is always around as it is my go-to when my new ones fail... Or even if the new ones are good. I seem to lose lip balms so often but this yellow piece of wonder seems to show up when every other lip balm seems to hide.
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
Winston Salem, NC
Ugh, I buy this for my husband because he loves it. I really think its a military thing because all the guys at the motor-pool use and love the Carmex brand. I do not like the smell or taste of this lip balm ( I don't eat it, but I lick my lips sometimes soooo yeah) so that is why I'm giving it 4 starts but my hubby's lips as soft and kissable due to him using this all the time so it does its job!!
Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Highland, CA
This lip balm has the liquidy consistency of petroleum jelly like vaseline, but it comes in a squeezy tube for convenient application. The lip balm does the job to nourish my lips and works really well to heal cracked/chapped lips. The only thing I can't stand is the smell. I hate cherry flavored and scented things, so I can't stand the smell of this. Otherwise, the balm works just fine.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
Bergton, VA
I love this stuff. Keeps my lips from getting so chapped and loved that there is an SPF in it. Its also great that I can leave it in my car and wont all melt to the tube like traditional chap stick. The only thing I am not super happy about is the flavor if it accidentally gets into my mouth, but other than that I love it! I try to get my husband to use it on a regular basis too.
Ji B.
Ji B.
I use this when I have a matte lipstick on that feels a bit too dry by dabbing a small amount on top of my lips with my finger. The squeeze tube is great for this purpose. If you're sensitive to fragrance, you will definitely NOT like this. It's highly scented and smells almost medicinal. For everyday hydration I don't recommend it, but for not disturbing lipstick it's great.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Muskogee, OK
The best lip balm for winter when your lips are super dry! I am a repeat user during the winter. I find the scent very comforting. I usually buy this at Walgreens or Dollar General. Really meets my expectations and I will buy it again when the cold wind starts blowing and my lips want to crack. This is a lifesaver during the winter. Have one in all of my jacket pockets.
Emily F.
Emily F.
Fairfax, VA
This product works super well and can completely heal severely chapped lips, but is it worth it? The smell and texture of this product is so perturbing, I can not stand to use it, but I have friends and family who swear by it. In extreme cases, you do have to suffer through to get your lips back to normal, and it does that very well, which is why I gave it three stars.
Destanie N.
Destanie N.
Mount Orab, OH
My lips get so dried and cracked in every season and Carmex saves me every time. I apply a liberal amount before bed and my lips are almost like new by morning (I also do the same for hang nails!) I reapply throughout the day. I am not fond of the smell or flavor. The product smells and tastes like a medicine, but that is a small price to pay for the benefits.
Mireli S.
Mireli S.
Aston, PA
I like it because it is soothing, especially for cracked lips in the winter. It is slightly pricey for the amount you get and it does wear off really easily, which I don't like. I feel like if i rub my lips my normal amount, I would have to keep reapplying all day. After I used the two tubes and little pot I had, I did not repurchase nor do I plan to.
Kylan J.
Kylan J.
Richmond, VA
How long does this protect yor lips?
Nanna N.
Nanna N.
Odense sø
Ive been looking for a good lip balm for such long time! Have anyone been using this? I have really damaged lips! They are som dry! Som it needs to be really good!
Catrina F.
Catrina F.
Atlanta, Ga
How well does this work with lipstick?