BY CARMEX

Helps prevent sunburn. If used as directed with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun. see more...

• My favorite chapstick. Love the cherry smell and how smooth it go...1 Answers
  • How often do you use it??5 Answers
Buy on Target*
Cheska Isabelle D.
Jacksonville, FL
I have been a loyal carmex lip balm user for over ten years. No other chapstick compares! Before discovering this, I used other products that always left my lips more chapped than it already was. If you've never used carmex before, it will sting your lips due to the fact that it's healing your chapped lips, but that's the whole point of using a chapstick, right? There is a chemical in this chapstick that makes your lips very dependent on it if it's used daily. That itself can be a pro and con. As for me, it's a pro because it leaves my lips feeling very soft and moisturized... why wouldn't you want that?! I recommend this product to people with very sensitive lips!
Sadia Y.
Hicksville, NY
I like using Carmex during the winter time rather than my usual chapsticks because it really heals the chapped lips I get with the harsh winter winds. But what made me gave this product five stars was my mom's experience with it! She has a cold sore and she didn't have medications at the time, so she put some unflavored Carmex just to provide some protection against further infection. When she woke up, she saw that the sore was significantly less noticeable! So now she just uses Carmex, which is both hilarious and wonderful. I highly recommend this product for chapped lips and maybe for other uses too!
Karina K.
Houston
Works well on cold sores.
Many years ago, a friend suggested that I apply Carmex Medicated Lip Balm on a cold sore. I get two or three such sores at the very corners of my mouth, each winter. No sooner I feel some irritation in this area, I apply a small quantity of this balm and work it in smoothly with the rounded head of the small tube. Within an hour, the irritation is gone! I apply Carmex twice a day and in two or three days the cold sore has totally disappeared. I have never had to use any other remedy for cold sores. Carmex works the best for me!
Britanie V.
I like these but they are too creamy for me the consistency isn't strong enough to withstand my lips when I press the product on. Too much product comes off because it is so creamy and thick. It reminds me of Vaseline. Also I really don't like the fact that I don't feel it doing anything on my lips, it kind of feels like a thick goopy barrier on my lips and not that it is actually doing anything. These however are nice and easy to use when traveling.
Micah B.
Edmonton, KY
Carmen is an dreamt product that I turn to mostly in the winter months when my lips are extremely dry and chapped. I am a school nurse and this is the product our Medical Director has authorized us to use in the schools for children with chapped lips. It is affordable and effective. However, it can burn at first when applied to dry, chapped, irritated lips! A great product, just be prepared that it may burn when applied.
Ylisa D.
Gallatin, TN
My husband always has a tube of this in his pocket. I had to borrow his one day because I was out of lip balm. I was not expecting to like it so much! It works great if I just want to use a nude lip liner and not have a lot of shine on my lips. It lasts for a very long time and is never sticky. I also keep one in the drawer of my bedside table and use it right before bed. My lips are always soft and smooth.
Katherine M.
This Chapstick saved my lips! I moved to Michigan during a super dry winter and had no idea how to help my lips stay smooth and moist. My previous Chapstick was useless and didn't help stop the cracking. Carmex saved my lips. I bought it out of desperation and it worked wonders! It goes on smooth and lasts for several hours under harsh conditions. The smell and flavor is pleasant. Thank you Carmex!
Dana D.
Tucson, AZ
I used to be 100% loyal to Carmex until I discovered Herpecin-L for cold sore prevention. Carmex is too think and I don't feel it leaves lasting moisture once it starts to wear off. It does provide a nice cooling sensation for very chapped lips. Bottom line: it is okay, but not the best. I would buy it if I needed lip balm and Herpecin-L, Nivea,or Burt's bees Pomegranate wasn't available.
Hannah l.
Chalfont, PA
I heard so many great reviews about this product and has a long history. I personally wanted to try out this product since I always have issues with my lips. Honestly starting with the ingredients I was not a huge fan of. And the scent is just a bit too much I don't really like the fact that has sunscreen as well because it makes it taste weird compared to other medicated lip balms
Maria R.
Spindale, NC
I've used this brand for years and it works the best out of anything else I've ever tried. It will stay on for a long time but the only downside for mw would be the taste and smell. Of course, it's not meant to be eaten but if I accidentally lick my lips I can taste it and it's not the best in the world. Besides that, it does help with my chapped lips so it is worth it.
Jaqueline L.
El Paso, TX
How often do you use it??
Jessica R.
E Pittsburgh, PA
My favorite chapstick. Love the cherry smell and how smooth it goes on and how it keeps my lips moisturized and feeling refreshed every time I apply. I cannot go a day without it, I keep a tube everywhere!