BY CARMEX

Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm.
Long-lasting relief for dry, chapped lips since 1937.
Original formula.
Trade name reg.
External analgesic.
It soothes. It heals. It Protects.
mycarmex.com.
For cold sores.
#1 pharmacist recommended lip balm* 10 years running. see more...

Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm
  • "works good for chapped lips- never used it for cold sores so not sure about that." in 2 reviews
  • "I don't use this for cold sores but Carmex works great for chapped and dry lips." in 1 review
  • "I like carmex, if you have really chap lips it will make your lips less chap, it works for me when I have chapped lips." in 1 review
  • "Never leave home without it." in 1 review
Karina C.
Karina C.
Hitchcock, TX
Review for: Cold Sores In Jar 7.5 g
I have used Carmex Original Lip Balm, in the little round jar, for many years and it has always come through for me! There are not many products out there, that I have found, that work consistently and do exactly what they claim to do, but this one does. At the first hint of a cold sore, I grab the Carmex as quickly as I can. and apply it. It stops the cold sore from progressing and heals what is trying to pop out. If I can't find my little jar, I panic and hurry to the store to buy another one. (No one wants to go around with an ugly cold sore!) I've always thought it amazing that a product that works so well, would be so affordable!
brittany h.
brittany h.
Lost Creek, WV
Review for: Cold Sores In Jar 7.5 g
I used to use nothing but carmex, but over the years I just can't even handle it anymore.. The taste is just so bad that I can't even stand to wear it for this specific reason. I really think they should change this, even just to make it completely tasteless would be SO awesome. Yeah, I have to give it a bad review solely based off the taste because unfortunately it always ends up getting in my mouth somehow. + I know there's a cherry and other things, but it's even worse! It's like spraying whipped cream on a turd and expecting it to taste good lol
Emma G.
Emma G.
I love love LOVE this classic lip balm. I know they make it in plenty of sweet flavors, but I really can't get enough of the original. There's something about the almost medicinal taste- I don't know what it makes me nostalgic for, but it certainly makes me nostalgic! It's really great for the winter when my usual lip balms won't cut it. Northern winters are just a series of split, cracked, dry lips waiting to happen. This balm is the perfect remedy. It's moisturizing, and I find the tingling feeling it leaves on your lips soothing.
Becca S.
Becca S.
Man, this stuff is like my little side-kick. I never leave home without it and I've been using it since I was just a kid! No, it doesn't smell nice. Or taste nice. Or look nice. LOL but dang it sure helps soothe chapped lips! I always struggle with chapped lips, no matter how much water I drink, and no matter the season, it's just an issue I've dealt with my whole life. Carmex helps while other products worsen the issue by making my lips drier! And it's cheap to boot!
Lauren A.
Lauren A.
Charlotte, NC
I have always had an issue with dry, irritated, chapped lips in the winter and I've tried many balms. I tried Carmex because it has been around forever. It was ok at first but, like many drug store lip balms, it did nothing to heal or cure my issues. It only seemed to exacerbate them. I have found that many of the cheaper lip treatments you find contain ingredients that your already thirsty lips become "addicted" to, and unfortunately this is one of those.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Sullivan, IN
Review for: Cold Sores In Jar 7.5 g
I WOULD WALK TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH FOR THIS STUFF!!!!!! It works almost immediately on chapped or wind-burned lips. I have to stay in the hospital frequently with my son and I always make sure that I pack this for us the use. The dry hospital air makes my lips burn and as soon as I get this on, they are quickly soothed. I will put this on at night and it is still there the following morning, making my lips feel soft and smooth. Best thing ever made!!!!
Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Saint Marys, GA
Review for: Cold Sores In Jar 7.5 g
My only frustration is the container. It does work great for people with chapped lips or peeling lips- I'm a long time user, but the little container is frustrating. I am afraid of trying other brands due to health scares in the media, so I've stuck to what I feel comfortable with, however if it could be more dome shaped so I don't get my finger dirty, I would give it a five star. Also, a container that can connect to your keychain would be fabulous.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Albertville, MN
I love this stuff. When winter comes and rears it's cold head this is what I use. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff and I find the little tubes the easiest to use. The stuff in the jar seems to be kind of a pain (especially when it's almost gone)

This stuff goes a long way. I just need to put a little bit on the tip of my finger and I'm good for the whole day which is good for -40 degrees days when your lips are so dry and cracked.
Alyssa L.
Alyssa L.
Uniontown, PA
Review for: Cold Sores In Jar 7.5 g
This is an excellent product. I love that my lips never feel greasy because they soak in this formula so well. I do wish that the container was different. It's not the type of product I'll carry around in my purse unless I have cotton swabs with me and I'm certainly not going to just stick my finger in there while out and about. It's really great to put on at night before you go to bed as you'll wake up with amazingly soft, supple lips.
Alisia C.
Alisia C.
Batavia, NY
Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm is my all-time favorite product. I will accept this most awesome lip balm in the tube if I must, but I prefer it in dish. It's definitely easy to apply. I am a lazy chick, so I just press the tube to my lips, but you can use your fingers to apply it too. I use Carmex every single day, and have used it every single day for years to treat my sensitive, oft-chapped lips. It's just my go-to.