Carmex For-Cold-Sores Lip Balm Jar, 0.25 OZ uploaded by Liz R.

BY CARMEX

Marielena O.
Not just for lips. Works well on minor burns and rashes. These are the .25 oz baby jars. There is also a new 4 oz big jar for hands etc.

Here is a rundown on ingredients

ALLANTOIN
Helps with moisturization as it softens, plus helps heal chapping.

ALOE BUTTER
Helps heal and soothe with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.

CAMPHOR
Alleviates the burning, itching and pain of chapped lips and cold sores.

CANDELILLA WAX
Gives our stick formula its staying power.

CAPRYLIC TRIGLYCERIDE
A naturally occurring skin softener that also helps prevent drying.

CETYL ESTERS
Hydrate skin and give a silky feel to our lip balms.

COCOA BUTTER
An excellent natural emollient, protecting dry lips and helping with moisturization.

DIMETHICONE
Relieves irritation and protects the tender skin on your lips.

LANOLIN
Helps protect skin and locks in moisturization.

MEADOWFOAM SEED OIL
Adds long-lasting moisturization, rejuvenating lips and retaining softness.

MENTHOL
Cool and refreshing, menthol offers relief from discomfort.

PETROLATUM
The most effective moisture barrier available.

PHENOL
Fights germs and eases discomfort as it gently removes dead, dry skin.

SALICYLIC ACID
A mild exfoliant that allows moisturizers to soak in better and faster.

SHEA BUTTER
Helps with moisturization, quickly relieving dryness and cracking.

VITAMIN E
Helps prevent drying, chapping, and the formation of free radicals.
Ashley S.
Malta, MT
I've suffered from cold sores for years, and am always looking to try a new product. Carmex is a known name and I figured it was worth a try. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.
The product is a thick, white cream (apply with a Q-tip to prevent re-infection). I realize that nothing "cures" cold sores, so being that this is an analgesic, I was hoping it would have numbing properties. It does not feel like much of anything--no numbing or cooling sensation, no moisturizing effects. It dries sort of white and flaky, which is quite unattractive while I'm at work.
I will not buy this again. Use regular Carmex or another product instead.
Natasha J.
Smithville, TN
Growing up my mom and my grandmother kept a Carmex in the medicine cabinet, and they both believed it worked better than any other cold sore lip balm. Now, as an adult, I do not use Carmex. I do not like the Carmex "jar" because you use your finger to apply the lip balm which requires repeatedly putting your finger in the Carmex (seems unsanitary to me). In general, I do not like the taste nor the smell, and I do not like the little "sting" to the lips.
On a more positive note, I will say that my son-in-law and my husband use Carmex during the winter months and they love it for dry, chapped lips and the occasional cold sore.
araseli o.
Abilene, TX
best lip balm ever! no joke. it goes with me everywhere. I got this baby a few days ago, and I've been so blown away, I went back and bought 3 others shades too... These hydra matte lipsticks glide on like regular lip-glosses (which I think is easier with the stick that comes with it, rather than trying to get it even with the lip stick itself). The color is first shiny, but give it a minute and it will dry a perfect matte. Didn't need much to cover my entire lips, and it stayed on for HOURS... I ate, I drank, I kissed my fiancé, and the lipstick stayed on (the fading was super minimal). I can only recommend this!
Stacey W.
I can't stand Carmex. First of all, the thought of putting your dirty fingers in a pot of goo and then rubbing that goo all over your lips is disgusting. You don't know what you have touched or what is lingering on your fingers. Then you are going to continuously dip into your pot of goo and rub all around your mouth and mucous membranes where your tongue can invite all kinds of who-knows-what into your system... Also, after a few re-applications, Carmex cakes horribly on your lips and it looks gross.
sara f.
Bernardston, MA
i been using this for years. i just love it, it defiantly makes a difference for me when i have a cold sore. i love the tingly sensation i feel when its on my lips, and the small it unique but calming to me. my husband tried this last week and was amazing with this product. his cold sore was gone in only a few days and he used this item once a day. so it worked well for him, and always has worked well for me.
Ashley B.
Seattle, WA
This was the kind of lip balm that my mother used while I was growing up. There is something nostalgic about it, but I personally do not care for it. While it does work really well for chapped lips or cold sores, I do not like the smell or taste. It also stings a bit and makes your lips feel tingly and not it a good way. With all the possible choices for lip balm, I would go with something else.
Liz R.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
This one I recommend with the strongest of confidence. My son, my nephew, my daughter and I, all have good size lips, & used to live in Fontana, ca. Which is known for the cold icy strong winds,. When we get chapped lips they get horribly dry red Anna chapped also around our lips especially the kids. Carmex was and is the only product able to prevent and contain it. Highly recommend.
Kayla A.
Beaverton, OR
I feel like this is a classic product that has been around for years, so most people have tried it. I think the product works great, it doesn't have a pretty smell or anything, but it smells like its getting the job done. If you don't like putting on lip products with your finger, this isn't a good product for you, but if you don't mind, it's easy to apply! Great value!
Sandra J.
As a kid I thought these were awesome and don't get me wrong the flavor is great. the only way this is treating a cold sore is by preventing them in the first place as stress to the lip might bring on an outbreak (less likely). don't you think it's gross to keep sticking your finger in this tub and applying to your lips: good way to get sick and then get a cold sore!