BY CARMEX

Treat the 7 worst symptoms of cold sores while minimizing the appearance

Creamy formula glides on smoothly to minimize the appearance of cold sores.

• Helps promote the healing of cold sores and fever blisters.
• Treats 7 symptoms on contact: Pain, Itch, Dryness, Cracking, Redness, Scabbing and Irritation.
• Helps to conceal cold sores and fever blisters.
• For treatment of symptoms associated with cold sores.
• For external use only. Use only as directed.

Active Ingredients:
Benzocaine 10%.................................................................External Analgesic/Anti-itch

White Petrolatum 45.9%.................................................................Skin Protectant

Inactive Ingredients:
Polyethylene Glycol, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Mica, Behenyl Olivate, Ppg-51 Smdi Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Wax, Calcium Silicate, Silica, Flavor, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77491), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate

• How quickly did this make your cold sore go away? How lon...2 Answers
Buy on target.com
Kylee O.
So far this has not done anything but numb my cold sore. No healing, no reduce of swelling. About the same effectiveness as abreva which I wasn't impressed by either. I purchased this at wal mart for around $7
Suzie M.
I have used Carmex for many years .. it works .. but it seems like the company keeps upping the price ALOT ... it used to be around 4.00 now it 20.00 .. it seems like it's the same product ! so why such an increase ??? so if i have a really bad case i'll buy again ... but more as a last resort vs regular use.
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
I'm not a fan of Carmex's other products, but this works super well for me! Once I feel a cold sore or see one forming, I put this on and it's dry by the next morning. It isn't painful to apply and not noticeable! This plus a little neosporin goes a long way!
marissa h.
Omaha, NE
I don't love this product as much as I wanted to.  I have been getting cold sores since I was young (my dad and grandma both get them, so unfortunately, I'll probably get them my whole life) and it's a pain in the butt.

I have used Carmex, Abreva, medicated cream prescribed by a dermatologist, and tons of home remedies for this and I honestly don't think Carmex does anything to heal, remove, lessen, or stop my cold sores.  I have tried using it as a spot treatment and I have also tried covering my lips while I sleep when I feel a cold sore coming on.

I do feel a burn when I apply the product which I usually think indicates a product is at work, but I have not seen great results from it personally.  I continue to buy it because I think any help I can get is good help, but as I've stated, I'm not a huge fan.

P.S.... If you get cold sores like me, I have been using nail polish remover to combat them (gross, I know).  I put the nail polish remover on a cotton ball and BURN those suckers away.  This works better than any product I've ever tried on my cold sores.  It tastes bad and you have to be careful as heck, but I think it's worth it.
Victoria S.
its more used to calm the throbbing and heal the pain and heaviness of the sore because it numbs it its doesn't remove it.your best bet is getting a prescription from the doctor!
Emily J.
Provo, UT
Whenever I get cold sores, I feel like they last foreverrr! I tried this for the first time a few weeks ago and it made my cold sore shrink immensely by the next day. I went away much quicker than normal. It was about $10 for this tiny thing, but much cheaper than the other options at the store. I will definently be using this over and over! Also, if you accidentally lick it, it will make your tongue feel numb!
Emily M.
Nelsonville, OH
Let me start off by saying there is no cure for real like medication for cold sores most things will only help with the pain in any discomfort you have with it. This product does make any pain he maybe feeling go away numbs it doesn't smell horrible though it does wipe off easily and you can only use it up to three times a day.
Sidney O.
Bayonne, NJ
I highly recommend this! It definitely goes on smooth. Don't squeeze it too much because it just bursts out. When applied on your lips it is like a white gloss then dissolves as you keep applying it. Only negative is that it has a distinct scent. Best way to describe it is like a medication scent, but since it's job is to remove a cold sore then the scent is justified. Overall great product and cold sore disappeared in about a week!
Christina G.
Woodbury, MN
I've used Carmex Cold Sore Treatment Gel in the past, and while I feel it does help with the dryness and discomfort that cold sores cause, I don't think it helps much with the healing process. However, if you don't begin using some sort of topical treatment and also take L-Lysine orally before the cold sore(s) erupts, then nothing is really going to help much anyway.
Sarah S.
I used this after getting a cold sore from getting sick. I was pleasantly surprised that it kept it from getting worse. I'd compare it reasonably to Abreva and it didn't cost as much. I think my Abreva would've worked faster, but I don't mind... this still got the job done.
Andrew O.
San Francisco, CA
How quickly did this make your cold sore go away? How long did the sore last when you used this (days) ?