BY CARMEX

A convenient squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Paraffinum Liquidum, Beeswax, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vanillin, Flavor

• Is this like a medicated lip product?Don't forget to like...6 Answers
  • It’s helpful for hydration for your lips??3 Answers
  • What is one makeup item you can’t live without? Mine woul...6 Answers
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tube
  • "Carmax is great for soothing raw, chapped lips. The rare times that this ends up happening during a freak cold winter down here, I stock up on this stuff and it works like a charm. I only wish I could remember to use it as a preventative as well as a restorative." in 4964 reviews
  • "Carmex works great for chapped and dry lips. It instantly makes my lips feel moisturized and relieves any dry or cracked feeling my lips may have. You don't need much to apply either. It has a menthol smell, which is great if you have a cold or stuffy nose. I have found it helps clear up a stuffy nose. Therefore, I will apply a tad bit right under my nose to help clear it up when I have a cold. It actually works and if your nose is raw and red, it actually relieves that too. It makes it not raw anymore and it won't hurt anymore. Really weird how it does that but it does work. However, if your nose happens to have any sores or is really raw so the skin has cracked, then Carmex will burn/sting when you put it on. It will go away though." in 3547 reviews
  • "I have been using this since I was 14 every winter. They now have handcream that is great too. Very moisturizing. " in 835 reviews
faith i.
I purchased this product because Emma Chamberlain uses it. On the first day of using it, I thought it was amazing and couldn't stop applying it! I woke up the next morning and my lips were chapped. I was kinda confused becasue I had been applying chapstick to my lips all day! Then it hit me. The Carmex Was causing my lips to become chapped. The product makes you think your lips are chapped and makes you need to re apply and re apply until your out. then you think, I need more!!! So you go and buy more Carmex chapstick and the company is earning more money because you think your lips are chapped.
Whit K.
Purchased at: Target
10/10 highly recommend!

I was introduced to Carmax a few years ago and have never looked back. It’s the only chapstick I’ll buy.

The balm goes on very smooth without being overly thick — which is key for me. It’s most useful in the winter when my lips tend to be a bit dryer and are most likely to get chapped. It also works great in the summer. Be careful if the tube gets warm or it will fly out.

I apply it nightly before going to be and it keeps my lips moisturised through the night. Every now and then I use it as hand moisturizer and even then it’s not greasy.

A tube lasts a while, I tend to buy the three packs so I always have one handy. They are also better priced that way.
Jaye P.
Oklahoma
This is it, folks. This is THE lip balm. Nothing compares. It doesn't come in a cute little package and it's not a bubbly berry flavor, but it is a medicated blam that will WORK.

Carmex has some great things going for it. It has an analgesic in it, aka a pain reliever, for when your lips are sore and cracked and bloody and miserable. Carmex will numb and cool them while it repairs the damage. Everyone probably knows that signature mentholated tingle.

One thing that makes Carmex truly unique is the salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is a chemical exfoliant. Carmex will slough off the layers and flakes of dead skin on your lips so it can get to the new skin underneath and moisturize it. You know all those stupid sugar scrubs they sell for your lips? Screw it. Forget it. Nothing exfoliates like salicylic acid, which just completely dissolves that dead skin.

You know how other chapsticks will just lay on top of the dead, chapped skin and do absolutely nothing? That's because they lack that magical salicylic acid. They're completely pointless if they don't exfoliate as well as moisturize. Carmex knows what the hell it's doing.

Carmex doesn't use stupid, trendy "superfoods!!!11!1!!" to heal your lips. It uses science, because science is proven to work. It doesn't rely on gimmicks or fashion. It's been around for as long as it has for a reason...it's the perfect universal lip healer. I'll never need another brand.
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
I’ve been addicted to Carmex for years!! I really love it. I feel like it helps my dry lips very well and I’m constantly applying this stuff. If you have lips that are really bad this is a good treatment. I don’t recommend being like me however!! I think our lips naturally become dependent on formulas like this and become worse over time. I’ve since backed off of carmex and picked a more natural formula and my lips haven’t been so bad! Also this turned out to be the cause of bad breakouts on my boyfriends face since I was constantly kissing him! Since I’ve switched to Burt’s bees wax it’s stopped!
💋Cara S.
I have to have some of these on deck at all times, whether I have dry, chapped, lips or not! This is one of my good ol' go-to's since middle school & I am middle aged now! Lol I don't suffer from dry lips very often, but I think that is because this product not only HELPS WITH dry, chapped lips, but it also PREVENTS them from happening at all. I personally love the cooling feeling I get when I apply this to my lips. And ever since I was younger and didn't have access to a lot of money, but I ABSOLUTELY loved anything beauty related, I decided to try lining my lips with one of my favorite affordable lip liners and then dabbing this on my lips with my finger and it was beautiful! -As a matter of fact, even though I have access to all kinds of makeup brands now, in many price ranges, I still love to use this little trick, because as I said, the result is not only beautiful, but it is a treat/prevention step for your lips to keep them in great shape at all times! -Especially if you are someone who is fond of wearing a lot of matte lip products, like me! Gotta keep these babies smooth and hydrated, might as well look good doing it!
MICOL M.
LOS ANGELES
I think this is the most UNDERRATED product !!!!!! I can't tell you how many times this product has saved me, literally. More than once I got burned really really really bad while I was cooking and this little one had saved me from having terrible scars and burn side effects. Just apply generously and as many times as needed all over the burned area and you'll see how in less than 24hrs everything is gonna calm down and GONE.
Katherine S.
Wantagh
This lip balm is a nice cheap alternative when you need one, but it isn't my favorite. It makes a difference and lasts a long time, but it doesn't do anything to heal your lips from repeatedly getting chapped. I believe this is because it contains an inactive ingredient, salicylic acid, which is used in acne products to peel dead layers of skin faster. So this product feels more like something that peels rather than heals. One plus though is it always smells like sugar cookies to me, even though the scent isn't in there!
Ginger L.
Vestavia Hills
My Carmex Classic Lip Balm Original Tube came in pristine condition through the mail. I ordered this product off of Amazon because many of my friends were recommending it to me. The first time I tried it, I loved it! I've been using this product for several months now and have yet to try anything I like better. My lips tend to dry out and crack, especially during the winter months and this lip balm has saved my life. Do yourself (and your lips) a favor and buy this! You won't regret it!!
Kimberly C.
I was shocked by how horrible this product was for me. I had been using their daily care chapstick and it did wonders on my lips, so I assumed the balm would have the same affect. I WAS WRONG. First of all, the balm made my lips tingle, which I have never experience with any other lip product. And it wasn’t because of any extra additive/chemicals for flavoring and scent. What I really hated was that after I used it for a couple of days my lips worsened. They dried up, got chapped and started to crack. I drink lots of water daily so my lips weren’t getting chapped from dehydration. I switched to another chapsticks and my lips went back to normal. It could be that the tube I bought was bad, but I don’t think I would repurchase this product in the future.
Sierra R.
This is one of those products that I always have one in my purse or my makeup bag, but I don't even remember buying it or where I got it. It leaves my lips super soft, especially in the winter or when I'm sick, but I don't love the taste or the smell. I know taste isn't supposed to be the main concern, but it's really bitter and you taste it whenever you eat or lick your lips. I've be avoiding the Classic in the daytime, but it's fine for nighttime.
Melissa M.
Seymour, CT
Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub version?
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
Who else uses this underneath lipstick?
Courtney B.
I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?
Fionn T.
England
Is this a really good lip balm for dry lips?
Jasmine H.
Jacksonville, AL
does it always have that burning

Amazon