BY CARMEX #16 in Lip Care

A convenient squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Paraffinum Liquidum, Beeswax, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vanillin, Flavor

• does it always have that burning 11 Answers
  • how is this formula compared to the stick version?2 Answers
  • I get dry lips during the winter and at times they even b...11 Answers
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tube
  • "Carmex works great for chapped and dry lips. It instantly makes my lips feel moisturized and relieves any dry or cracked feeling my lips may have. You don't need much to apply either. It has a menthol smell, which is great if you have a cold or stuffy nose. I have found it helps clear up a stuffy nose. Therefore, I will apply a tad bit right under my nose to help clear it up when I have a cold. It actually works and if your nose is raw and red, it actually relieves that too. It makes it not raw anymore and it won't hurt anymore. Really weird how it does that but it does work. However, if your nose happens to have any sores or is really raw so the skin has cracked, then Carmex will burn/sting when you put it on. It will go away though." in 3407 reviews
  • "I have been using this since I was 14 every winter. They now have handcream that is great too. Very moisturizing. " in 835 reviews
Jessica A.
Love it
Tingling feels good to my lips. I buy at least 2 every month.
Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)
Patrixia T.
This product is great really effective except for the smell. I don’t know about other people but it has odd smells but that’s only for the original no flavor one. My boyfriend & his family uses this and they recommend it to me. It was good, not fond of the smell, thickness & greasy. Like there’s no way you can’t tell that I have it in my lips so using this and applying matte lipstick wouldn’t make sense. Its not lightweight coz i could really feel ITS THERE! and most of the time when i look at my man’s lip while his wearing this he looks like he just ate something fatty or oily. So you really have to put little & control the amount you apply on especially with with this kind of containers.

All im saying is... for the price hell yeah! Its Amazing. Really good for DRY & ROUGH LIPS. Really works! Its moisturizing and its affordable. However, if your a type of person who doesnt like heavy weight, thick & greasy & prefer something that smells good or aromatic then this is not for you. Technically, I dont use this for everyday... i just use this when my lips really feels dry and my regular lip balm dont feel like working 😂 or when i make diy lip exfoliator mixing it with lil bit of lemon/ honey & sugar.
💋Cara S.
I have to have some of these on deck at all times, whether I have dry, chapped, lips or not! This is one of my good ol' go-to's since middle school & I am middle aged now! Lol I don't suffer from dry lips very often, but I think that is because this product not only HELPS WITH dry, chapped lips, but it also PREVENTS them from happening at all. I personally love the cooling feeling I get when I apply this to my lips. And ever since I was younger and didn't have access to a lot of money, but I ABSOLUTELY loved anything beauty related, I decided to try lining my lips with one of my favorite affordable lip liners and then dabbing this on my lips with my finger and it was beautiful! -As a matter of fact, even though I have access to all kinds of makeup brands now, in many price ranges, I still love to use this little trick, because as I said, the result is not only beautiful, but it is a treat/prevention step for your lips to keep them in great shape at all times! -Especially if you are someone who is fond of wearing a lot of matte lip products, like me! Gotta keep these babies smooth and hydrated, might as well look good doing it!
Courtney G.
Northport
I never ever go out without something on my lips , and this is what I choose ! During the cold winter months I always use this, whether I have dry , cracked , wind burn, etc this always works ! The smell of this doesn't bother me , I just care about how well it works and it definitely does ! $3 for this tube and I have to keep a couple around . Love this stuff !
Emily W.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. If you've heard of people saying "your lips can get addicted" ITS TRUE. And if you haven't, now you have. When I was in middle school, I started using just a simple tube of this carelessly considering everyone else was using it so I just automatically assumed this stuff must be great. BOY WAS I WRONG. After a couple weeks of using this during the cold winters, I found myself reapplying Carmex to my lips almost every 30 minutes and at my worst my lips were BURNING, they were SO dry and ended up cracking/bleeding. I finally gave up Carmex, realizing my lips WERE actually addicted. Switched to Vaseline ONLY and my lips are now amazing and always plump and smooth. SAVE YOURSELF AND DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT!
Kimberly C.
I was shocked by how horrible this product was for me. I had been using their daily care chapstick and it did wonders on my lips, so I assumed the balm would have the same affect. I WAS WRONG. First of all, the balm made my lips tingle, which I have never experience with any other lip product. And it wasn’t because of any extra additive/chemicals for flavoring and scent. What I really hated was that after I used it for a couple of days my lips worsened. They dried up, got chapped and started to crack. I drink lots of water daily so my lips weren’t getting chapped from dehydration. I switched to another chapsticks and my lips went back to normal. It could be that the tube I bought was bad, but I don’t think I would repurchase this product in the future.
Haley H.
Martinez
I love this product ! I use it multiple times throughout the day everyday ! I always have some with me no matter where I go. I typically buy the three-pack of them at target because it's 1) a good deal and 2) you can keep them everywhere! I keep one in my backpack, one in my room, and one in my car! This is such a great price for the product and so worth it ! The only down side is that the smell isn't the greatest but its pretty easy to get over !
Guadalupe L.
San Bernardino
This is another of the products that I love using during winter time I love that feeling of hydration and Plumpingness of the lips I use it also whenever I have like small scratches on my face around my body or if I'm really dried around my skin and I don't have lotion on me I just pop some product in the area it's a really versatile product I love it and will highly recommended can grab at your local pharmacy can never go wrong with too much
Mary F.
Mc Kenzie, TN
Carmex is the go to brand when my lips are in deep trouble! Whenever I have seriously chapped, cracked, and dry lips, I go straight to the original carmex! I know that it's rich medicated formula will have my lips back to tip top shape in no time! The texture is very thick and creamy, albeit a bit uncomfortable to wear, it makes up for that discomfort with it's super soothing medicated formula! Only use it when you need it, because it can make your lips dependent on it!
Valdiviez ..
Arlington , VA
Prefer, absolute go to choice for “healing” chapstick. I prefer to use this in the winter and I like when the formula is slightly more firm (to to the cold). Formula can get quite runny/greasy if it heats up (in pocket or sits out in warm room, car etc.). I love the tingly sensation and the menthol like scent, it helps open up my nose. I recently read ingredients and it contains some great oils like coconut oil, castor oil, Vitamin e. Also contains cocoa butter. I find this to be a really soothing product and I like the ease of use with the squeeze tube. It good if you have long nails or just don’t like to dig in a pot style product. Highly recommended.
Fionn T.
England
Is this a really good lip balm for dry lips?
Maria T.
Union City, NJ
I get dry lips during the winter and at times they even burn, does this lip balm last for a long time?
Jasmine H.
Jacksonville, AL
does it always have that burning
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
How many of these do you have open?
pamela h.
Are you all going to do a pack...with the lip balm and the hand cream as a set? I would love to give those as gifts all bundled together.