BY CARMEX #13 in Lip Care

A convenient squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Paraffinum Liquidum, Beeswax, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vanillin, Flavor

• What is one makeup item you can’t live without? Mine woul...5 Answers
  • Is this like a medicated lip product?Don't forget to like...5 Answers
  • does it always have that burning 16 Answers
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tube
  • "Carmex works great for chapped and dry lips. It instantly makes my lips feel moisturized and relieves any dry or cracked feeling my lips may have. You don't need much to apply either. It has a menthol smell, which is great if you have a cold or stuffy nose. I have found it helps clear up a stuffy nose. Therefore, I will apply a tad bit right under my nose to help clear it up when I have a cold. It actually works and if your nose is raw and red, it actually relieves that too. It makes it not raw anymore and it won't hurt anymore. Really weird how it does that but it does work. However, if your nose happens to have any sores or is really raw so the skin has cracked, then Carmex will burn/sting when you put it on. It will go away though." in 3407 reviews
  • "I have been using this since I was 14 every winter. They now have handcream that is great too. Very moisturizing. " in 835 reviews
Bobbi V.
san antonio
worst lip balms on the market and while i’m not a dermatologist or chemist ive don’t research on ingredients and based this review mainly on those facts. so here’s my opinion: 1) ingredients are terrible. while it contains oils that do moisture and seal, it is short lived due to the fact the product contains ingredients that ALSO DRY OUT your lips at the same time. therefore this lip balm is only a temporary relief and not meant for long term health.it contains menthol, phenol, salicylic acid and camphor which all contribute to drying your lips out and this product has all four which is v disappointing. so in all this company wants you to keep buying their products and make you thinksnits working for long term consumers. 2) much cheaper than burt’s bees or eos. but is it really worth saving 1.50 for a terrible product??
again all of it’s my research. not a dermatologist or chemist but i uploaded a pic so you can see ingredients for yourself!
Jessica A.
Love it
Tingling feels good to my lips. I buy at least 2 every month.
Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)
faith i.
I purchased this product because Emma Chamberlain uses it. On the first day of using it, I thought it was amazing and couldn't stop applying it! I woke up the next morning and my lips were chapped. I was kinda confused becasue I had been applying chapstick to my lips all day! Then it hit me. The Carmex Was causing my lips to become chapped. The product makes you think your lips are chapped and makes you need to re apply and re apply until your out. then you think, I need more!!! So you go and buy more Carmex chapstick and the company is earning more money because you think your lips are chapped.
Patrixia T.
This product is great really effective except for the smell. I don’t know about other people but it has odd smells but that’s only for the original no flavor one. My boyfriend & his family uses this and they recommend it to me. It was good, not fond of the smell, thickness & greasy. Like there’s no way you can’t tell that I have it in my lips so using this and applying matte lipstick wouldn’t make sense. Its not lightweight coz i could really feel ITS THERE! and most of the time when i look at my man’s lip while his wearing this he looks like he just ate something fatty or oily. So you really have to put little & control the amount you apply on especially with with this kind of containers.

All im saying is... for the price hell yeah! Its Amazing. Really good for DRY & ROUGH LIPS. Really works! Its moisturizing and its affordable. However, if your a type of person who doesnt like heavy weight, thick & greasy & prefer something that smells good or aromatic then this is not for you. Technically, I dont use this for everyday... i just use this when my lips really feels dry and my regular lip balm dont feel like working 😂 or when i make diy lip exfoliator mixing it with lil bit of lemon/ honey & sugar.
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
I’ve been addicted to Carmex for years!! I really love it. I feel like it helps my dry lips very well and I’m constantly applying this stuff. If you have lips that are really bad this is a good treatment. I don’t recommend being like me however!! I think our lips naturally become dependent on formulas like this and become worse over time. I’ve since backed off of carmex and picked a more natural formula and my lips haven’t been so bad! Also this turned out to be the cause of bad breakouts on my boyfriends face since I was constantly kissing him! Since I’ve switched to Burt’s bees wax it’s stopped!
💋Cara S.
I have to have some of these on deck at all times, whether I have dry, chapped, lips or not! This is one of my good ol' go-to's since middle school & I am middle aged now! Lol I don't suffer from dry lips very often, but I think that is because this product not only HELPS WITH dry, chapped lips, but it also PREVENTS them from happening at all. I personally love the cooling feeling I get when I apply this to my lips. And ever since I was younger and didn't have access to a lot of money, but I ABSOLUTELY loved anything beauty related, I decided to try lining my lips with one of my favorite affordable lip liners and then dabbing this on my lips with my finger and it was beautiful! -As a matter of fact, even though I have access to all kinds of makeup brands now, in many price ranges, I still love to use this little trick, because as I said, the result is not only beautiful, but it is a treat/prevention step for your lips to keep them in great shape at all times! -Especially if you are someone who is fond of wearing a lot of matte lip products, like me! Gotta keep these babies smooth and hydrated, might as well look good doing it!
MICOL M.
LOS ANGELES
I think this is the most UNDERRATED product !!!!!! I can't tell you how many times this product has saved me, literally. More than once I got burned really really really bad while I was cooking and this little one had saved me from having terrible scars and burn side effects. Just apply generously and as many times as needed all over the burned area and you'll see how in less than 24hrs everything is gonna calm down and GONE.
Emily W.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. If you've heard of people saying "your lips can get addicted" ITS TRUE. And if you haven't, now you have. When I was in middle school, I started using just a simple tube of this carelessly considering everyone else was using it so I just automatically assumed this stuff must be great. BOY WAS I WRONG. After a couple weeks of using this during the cold winters, I found myself reapplying Carmex to my lips almost every 30 minutes and at my worst my lips were BURNING, they were SO dry and ended up cracking/bleeding. I finally gave up Carmex, realizing my lips WERE actually addicted. Switched to Vaseline ONLY and my lips are now amazing and always plump and smooth. SAVE YOURSELF AND DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT!
krystyn. B.
Tulare
I love the instant tingling sensation when I first apply the chapstick. I usually encounter lip balm that I have to reapply at least every 30 minutes so I can have continuous moisture, but Carmel last for quite a while. In the summer its also a fashion statement, lip glosses don't apply moisture, but Carmel does AND has the same glossy finish
Kim N.
San Francisco
I love the Carmex Classic Lip Balm because it keeps my lips soft and hydrated. I buy it from Target in a 3packs for $2.79. I highly recommend this product because it works and you will not be disappointed.

The one recommendation I have is to please work on improving the scent.  Overall I’m happy with the product.
Melissa M.
Seymour, CT
Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub version?
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
Who else uses this underneath lipstick?
Courtney B.
I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?
Fionn T.
England
Is this a really good lip balm for dry lips?
Jasmine H.
Jacksonville, AL
does it always have that burning

back