BY CARMEX #6 in Lip Care

A convenient squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Paraffinum Liquidum, Beeswax, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vanillin, Flavor

• does it always have that burning 9 Answers
  • how is this formula compared to the stick version?1 Answers
  • I get dry lips during the winter and at times they even burn, doe...9 Answers
Jessica A.
Love it
Tingling feels good to my lips. I buy at least 2 every month.
Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)
Patrixia T.
This product is great really effective except for the smell. I don’t know about other people but it has odd smells but that’s only for the original no flavor one. My boyfriend & his family uses this and they recommend it to me. It was good, not fond of the smell, thickness & greasy. Like there’s no way you can’t tell that I have it in my lips so using this and applying matte lipstick wouldn’t make sense. Its not lightweight coz i could really feel ITS THERE! and most of the time when i look at my man’s lip while his wearing this he looks like he just ate something fatty or oily. So you really have to put little & control the amount you apply on especially with with this kind of containers.

All im saying is... for the price hell yeah! Its Amazing. Really good for DRY & ROUGH LIPS. Really works! Its moisturizing and its affordable. However, if your a type of person who doesnt like heavy weight, thick & greasy & prefer something that smells good or aromatic then this is not for you. Technically, I dont use this for everyday... i just use this when my lips really feels dry and my regular lip balm dont feel like working 😂 or when i make diy lip exfoliator mixing it with lil bit of lemon/ honey & sugar.
💋 C.
I have to have some of these on deck at all times, whether I have dry, chapped, lips or not! This is one of my good ol' go-to's since middle school & I am middle aged now! Lol I don't suffer from dry lips very often, but I think that is because this product not only HELPS WITH dry, chapped lips, but it also PREVENTS them from happening at all. I personally love the cooling feeling I get when I apply this to my lips. And ever since I was younger and didn't have access to a lot of money, but I ABSOLUTELY loved anything beauty related, I decided to try lining my lips with one of my favorite affordable lip liners and then dabbing this on my lips with my finger and it was beautiful! -As a matter of fact, even though I have access to all kinds of makeup brands now, in many price ranges, I still love to use this little trick, because as I said, the result is not only beautiful, but it is a treat/prevention step for your lips to keep them in great shape at all times! -Especially if you are someone who is fond of wearing a lot of matte lip products, like me! Gotta keep these babies smooth and hydrated, might as well look good doing it!
Shanda H.
Okay, so me and Carmex go back..

Way back.

I’ve had eczema since I was a little girl, and it started to get on my lips. I was upset and crying almost every night, and embarrassed as well to go to school or even be seen. My dad would bring home every chapstick available at that time and NOTHING worked. They aggravated my lips, and made them worse. One day he brought home a little tub of Carmex. Almost hopeless, I applied some to my lips and went to bed, not expecting a change in my swollen and painful lips.

I woke up, and no joke my lips were freaking healed. I had no idea how it worked, I just kept applying it and my lips continued to get better. Ever since then I have ALWAYS had a tube or a tub near me. I buy the three packs on a constant rotation, I have emailed Carmex, I like their fan page, everything.. because they made a product that TRULY conditions, heals, and protects. Without this stuff, my lips swell up almost immediately and start to itch. I have been without it once or twice and it was an awful time. So, ever since me and Carmex have been BFF’s. I can’t help it, I love Carmex and Carmex loves me! Haha!
Brianna J.
Love blistex ! The minty cool feeling is great and it keeps my lips super moisturized. The tube is small enough to fit right in my little bag & lasts forever ! The only downfall is that it tends to leave a taste in my mouth and it's almost like the taste of sunscreen if that makes any sense ? Either way I absolutely HATE whatever that taste is and it somehow always seems to find its way in!
Overall good product if you don't mind the taste!
Emily W.
Seattle, WA
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. If you've heard of people saying "your lips can get addicted" ITS TRUE. And if you haven't, now you have. When I was in middle school, I started using just a simple tube of this carelessly considering everyone else was using it so I just automatically assumed this stuff must be great. BOY WAS I WRONG. After a couple weeks of using this during the cold winters, I found myself reapplying Carmex to my lips almost every 30 minutes and at my worst my lips were BURNING, they were SO dry and ended up cracking/bleeding. I finally gave up Carmex, realizing my lips WERE actually addicted. Switched to Vaseline ONLY and my lips are now amazing and always plump and smooth. SAVE YOURSELF AND DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT!
Lana H.
Tulsa
This is normally what I use to help soothe cold sores and chapped lips. It comes in a little yellow tube about the size of a chapstick Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tubethat you squeeze and the product comes out and you can apply it like a lip gloss. It also has a cooling feeling to it which is very soothing. I wish it lasted longer but it works pretty well and it’s about $1.00 at Walmart in the pharmacy area. I always carry one of these with me.
Guadalupe L.
San Bernardino
This is another of the products that I love using during winter time I love that feeling of hydration and Plumpingness of the lips I use it also whenever I have like small scratches on my face around my body or if I'm really dried around my skin and I don't have lotion on me I just pop some product in the area it's a really versatile product I love it and will highly recommended can grab at your local pharmacy can never go wrong with too much
Claire B.
Elkhorn, NE
This product certainly does the trick! It provides healing and protection and doesn’t take a lot of product to do so. With that being said, it does sometimes apply thickly and leaves a bright, shiny sheen to your lips. I’d definitely recommend for anyone looking for healing and protection for their lips, however, if you’re looking for a more aesthetically pleasing solution, perhaps with a tint to it, there might be better suited products.
Mary F.
Mc Kenzie, TN
Carmex is the go to brand when my lips are in deep trouble! Whenever I have seriously chapped, cracked, and dry lips, I go straight to the original carmex! I know that it's rich medicated formula will have my lips back to tip top shape in no time! The texture is very thick and creamy, albeit a bit uncomfortable to wear, it makes up for that discomfort with it's super soothing medicated formula! Only use it when you need it, because it can make your lips dependent on it!
Fionn T.
England
Is this a really good lip balm for dry lips?
Jasmine H.
Jacksonville, AL
does it always have that burning
Maria T.
Union City, NJ
I get dry lips during the winter and at times they even burn, does this lip balm last for a long time?
pamela h.
Are you all going to do a pack...with the lip balm and the hand cream as a set? I would love to give those as gifts all bundled together.
Holly N.
Little Rock, AR
How many of these do you have open?