BY CARMEX

A convenient squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Paraffinum Liquidum, Beeswax, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vanillin, Flavor

• It’s helpful for hydration for your lips??3 Answers
  • What is one makeup item you can’t live without? Mine woul...6 Answers
  • Is this like a medicated lip product?Don't forget to like...6 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "Carmax is great for soothing raw, chapped lips. The rare times that this ends up happening during a freak cold winter down here, I stock up on this stuff and it works like a charm. I only wish I could remember to use it as a preventative as well as a restorative." in 4964 reviews
  • "Carmex works great for chapped and dry lips. It instantly makes my lips feel moisturized and relieves any dry or cracked feeling my lips may have. You don't need much to apply either. It has a menthol smell, which is great if you have a cold or stuffy nose. I have found it helps clear up a stuffy nose. Therefore, I will apply a tad bit right under my nose to help clear it up when I have a cold. It actually works and if your nose is raw and red, it actually relieves that too. It makes it not raw anymore and it won't hurt anymore. Really weird how it does that but it does work. However, if your nose happens to have any sores or is really raw so the skin has cracked, then Carmex will burn/sting when you put it on. It will go away though." in 3547 reviews
  • "I have been using this since I was 14 every winter. They now have handcream that is great too. Very moisturizing. " in 835 reviews
Jessica A.
Love it
Tingling feels good to my lips. I buy at least 2 every month.
Excellent product! Since high school, I have never been without a jar of Carmex. From high-end to low-end, you just can't beat the ol' yellow jar (and I prefer the jar to the squeeze tube, as the texture is thicker and it stays on longer). That vanilla-camphor scent and tingly feel is addicting, but the balm itself creamy, rich, lasts for hours and makes lips look silky-smooth. It can be used to prep lips for lipstick; just leave on for 20-30 minutes and wipe off-- any flakes come right off with it.

If you or someone you know is prone to nasal sores in the winter (i.e., those cracks in your septum that sting and bleed), this is the ONLY product that helps. Dab the inside of your nose dry with a tissue, then apply a thick layer of Carmex to the sore. It not only relieves the pain instantly, but it protects the sore from irritating mucus and softens the scab. Do this for 24-48 hours and your nose will be back to normal. Also a great product for cracked, painful fingertips. BRILLIANT! and cheap :)
faith i.
I purchased this product because Emma Chamberlain uses it. On the first day of using it, I thought it was amazing and couldn't stop applying it! I woke up the next morning and my lips were chapped. I was kinda confused becasue I had been applying chapstick to my lips all day! Then it hit me. The Carmex Was causing my lips to become chapped. The product makes you think your lips are chapped and makes you need to re apply and re apply until your out. then you think, I need more!!! So you go and buy more Carmex chapstick and the company is earning more money because you think your lips are chapped.
Alyssa R.
Bend, OR
I’ve been addicted to Carmex for years!! I really love it. I feel like it helps my dry lips very well and I’m constantly applying this stuff. If you have lips that are really bad this is a good treatment. I don’t recommend being like me however!! I think our lips naturally become dependent on formulas like this and become worse over time. I’ve since backed off of carmex and picked a more natural formula and my lips haven’t been so bad! Also this turned out to be the cause of bad breakouts on my boyfriends face since I was constantly kissing him! Since I’ve switched to Burt’s bees wax it’s stopped!
💋Cara S.
I have to have some of these on deck at all times, whether I have dry, chapped, lips or not! This is one of my good ol' go-to's since middle school & I am middle aged now! Lol I don't suffer from dry lips very often, but I think that is because this product not only HELPS WITH dry, chapped lips, but it also PREVENTS them from happening at all. I personally love the cooling feeling I get when I apply this to my lips. And ever since I was younger and didn't have access to a lot of money, but I ABSOLUTELY loved anything beauty related, I decided to try lining my lips with one of my favorite affordable lip liners and then dabbing this on my lips with my finger and it was beautiful! -As a matter of fact, even though I have access to all kinds of makeup brands now, in many price ranges, I still love to use this little trick, because as I said, the result is not only beautiful, but it is a treat/prevention step for your lips to keep them in great shape at all times! -Especially if you are someone who is fond of wearing a lot of matte lip products, like me! Gotta keep these babies smooth and hydrated, might as well look good doing it!
MICOL M.
LOS ANGELES
I think this is the most UNDERRATED product !!!!!! I can't tell you how many times this product has saved me, literally. More than once I got burned really really really bad while I was cooking and this little one had saved me from having terrible scars and burn side effects. Just apply generously and as many times as needed all over the burned area and you'll see how in less than 24hrs everything is gonna calm down and GONE.
Kimberly C.
I was shocked by how horrible this product was for me. I had been using their daily care chapstick and it did wonders on my lips, so I assumed the balm would have the same affect. I WAS WRONG. First of all, the balm made my lips tingle, which I have never experience with any other lip product. And it wasn’t because of any extra additive/chemicals for flavoring and scent. What I really hated was that after I used it for a couple of days my lips worsened. They dried up, got chapped and started to crack. I drink lots of water daily so my lips weren’t getting chapped from dehydration. I switched to another chapsticks and my lips went back to normal. It could be that the tube I bought was bad, but I don’t think I would repurchase this product in the future.
Guadalupe L.
San Bernardino
This is another of the products that I love using during winter time I love that feeling of hydration and Plumpingness of the lips I use it also whenever I have like small scratches on my face around my body or if I'm really dried around my skin and I don't have lotion on me I just pop some product in the area it's a really versatile product I love it and will highly recommended can grab at your local pharmacy can never go wrong with too much
Alison B.
north park, san diego
I used to be obsessed with Carmex. I used it all day everyday until I started becoming aware that my lips always felt grainy and chapped as soon as I stopped wearing it. Until one day a friend of mine told me that they use salicylic acid as an ingredient which actually dries out your lips really bad to keep the customer buying more and more..
and it’s so true! Looked at the ingredients and there it is.. Salicylic acid. No more carmex for me
Mary F.
Mc Kenzie, TN
Carmex is the go to brand when my lips are in deep trouble! Whenever I have seriously chapped, cracked, and dry lips, I go straight to the original carmex! I know that it's rich medicated formula will have my lips back to tip top shape in no time! The texture is very thick and creamy, albeit a bit uncomfortable to wear, it makes up for that discomfort with it's super soothing medicated formula! Only use it when you need it, because it can make your lips dependent on it!
Valdiviez ..
Arlington , VA
Prefer, absolute go to choice for “healing” chapstick. I prefer to use this in the winter and I like when the formula is slightly more firm (to to the cold). Formula can get quite runny/greasy if it heats up (in pocket or sits out in warm room, car etc.). I love the tingly sensation and the menthol like scent, it helps open up my nose. I recently read ingredients and it contains some great oils like coconut oil, castor oil, Vitamin e. Also contains cocoa butter. I find this to be a really soothing product and I like the ease of use with the squeeze tube. It good if you have long nails or just don’t like to dig in a pot style product. Highly recommended.
Melissa M.
Seymour, CT
Do you prefer this tube style or the chaptstick or the round tub version?
Angelica A.
Victoria, TX
Who else uses this underneath lipstick?
Courtney B.
I've heard this dries out your lips. Has this happened to anyone?
Fionn T.
England
Is this a really good lip balm for dry lips?
Jasmine H.
Jacksonville, AL
does it always have that burning