Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick

The original medicated lip balm stick with SPF 15 to protect lips

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:
Octinoxate 7.50%.................................................................Sunscreen

Oxybenzone 4.00%.................................................................Sunscreen

White Petrolatum 35.00%.................................................................Lip Protectant

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax, Beeswax, Cetyl Esters, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Camphor, Menthol, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Flavor, Vanillin

How does this work compared to the other lip balms ?
How moisturizing is this product ?
Does this product have a strong smell/frgrance?
Start your review of Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Very good my lips was so dry and I used this a it worked so good!” in reviews
“There's nothing special about this product but it does to a good job at moisturizing nothing more or less.” in reviews
Linden, MI
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick uploaded by Lia A.
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick uploaded by Lia A.
Carmex Lip Balm Review 👄💄 Hello Influenster Readers, Welcome back to one of my reviews, Purchased with my own money. Not sponsored. I actually remember the first time I used this chapstick, I was probably 10 years old and I was living with my Aunt and Uncle temporarily. I had the worst chap lips ever, My lips were red around my upper and lower lips like I drank lots of koolaid. My lips even burned like hell, because I kept licking them to make them feel better. But at the same time, I was making them worse. My aunt ended up buying me a jar of the Carmex lip balm, That my friend was when I fell in love with this lip balm. I couldn't believe the results after I used it for the first time, 2 days later gone. My lips were back to normal and I wasn't in pain anymore, On top of it it's only. 99 a jar. The last 21 years, Carmex has really grown and become a household name. Congrats and Thank you to the Brand for saving my lips when I was 10 years old. I even used my moms chapstick Brand and it wasn't helping and seem to make my lips worse. Carmex only had 1 kind of lip balm 21 years ago. It was the orginal scent and when you applied it to your lips it felt like menthol but a calming menthol. The lip balm was inside a white jar with a yellow cap with black writing on it. The ingredients inside this lip balm are awesome and works miracles, I haven't found another lip balm like it. Please Carmex, Don't stop making this lip balm. Carmex does have other scents in their line of lip balms, I have seen a Cherry, Strawberry, Peppermint, and I think I even seen a Watermelon mixed in with another scent. I have tried the cherry, strawberry, and mint one. I still seem to come back to the Orginal Scent, but now instead of being inside a jar, It's actually in a lipstick bullet packaging.
Kaufman
I have chapped lips all the time, year-round. This is the only lip balm that keeps them calm and healed. I have Carmax everywhere - in coat pockets, backpacks, purses. I even have 3-packs waiting to be opened. The smell isn’t great because it’s a medicated balm, but I don’t care about that since it works so well for my lips. If I don’t use this stuff for a day or more, my lips are peeling, splitting, or bleeding. I have the roll up tube, the squeeze out tube (least favorite), and the little tub with the screw off top. I recommend this balm to anyone with chapped lips. However, for anyone that wasn’t a “fun, cute, fruity” scent, don’t get the original. I don’t know what the scented Carmax smells like because I don’t bother with it.I really like the Strawberry flavor one. I have chapped lips all the time, year-round. This is the only lip balm that keeps them calm and healed. I have Carmax everywhere - in coat pockets, backpacks, purses. I even have 3-packs waiting to be opened. The smell isn’t great because it’s a medicated balm, but I don’t care about that since it works so well for my lips. If I don’t use this stuff for a day or more, my lips are peeling, splitting, or bleeding. I have the roll up tube, the squeeze out tube (least favorite), and the little tub with the screw off top. I recommend this balm to anyone with chapped lips. However, for anyone that wasn’t a “fun, cute, fruity” scent, don’t get the original. I don’t know what the scented Carmax smells like because I don’t bother with it.
Clay City
Moisturizing: I’ve tried pretty much every lip balm/chapstick. This one is hands down the best. Please stop using chapstick or Burt’s Bees and switch to this ASAP. Both those products always dried my lips out. This product leaves your lips moisturized, is super easy to apply, and leaves a beautiful glowing sheen. The sheen is appropriate for both men, women, and children. It looks healthy and fresh.Flavor: If you’re not used to camphor in your lip balm it may take a minute for you to get used to and then it’s addicting. It makes your lips tingle a bit and it gives the impression that it’s working more than a regular chapstick. I’ve tried the actual flavored Carmex versions and they’re not as moisturizing. Stick to the original.Value for money: Great. A little goes a long way. You don’t want to look like you just ate a bucket of chicken. I always buy in excess because I tend to lose them so it’s nice this comes with 3.If you’re looking into Carmex, buy this kind. Not the stick version or the tin one. Those aren’t as moisturizing as this one. Buy Carmex and never look back.
Watchung, NJ
I normally use the tube Carmex instead of the stick however the store was all out of the tube so I ended up getting the stick instead. I think the stick did just as good of a job as the tube did. It is medicated as well so it really helps to hydrate my lips and works wonders on my chapped lips in the winter time or during the summer time after being out in the sun. The stick does smell a bit minty too however it isn’t overwhelming and it doesn’t sting your lips at all (even when they are chapped). After about three to four uses my chapped lips are always super soft and hydrated. The stick does still have a slight shine to it just as the tube does but it’s nothing crazy. I love Carmex and can really count on them to help make my lips super soft.
Riverside
This is a holy grail product for me. I’ve used it for years and am never happy with any other chap stick. It’s super hydrating and rescues my lips when they’re extra chapped or dry (especially in the winter in New England). There’s not really a bold scent to this, which I love. I don’t enjoy the fake sweetness of fruit flavored/smelling chapstick. I also find this product lasts on the lips for a long time (unless you’re eating and drinking a ton). But if I apply this when I get to work, it will stay on my lips for hours. I will buy this product until they stop making it and always recommend it to others.
Knoxville, TN
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick uploaded by Jacynda M.
This stuff is definitely the better option if you’re going for the stick variety because the other one, cherry flavored, has a horrible flavor that will overtake your mouth no matter how careful you are about it, and it’s terrible tasting. But I mean, Carmex is the og, if you have particularly chapped or irritated lips or a cold sore this will numb it some for you and soothe it. I usually switch over to carmex after the worst part of a cold sore is over but it’s still there, to keep the skin lubricated so it doesn’t split open while it should be healing and set you back days of progress. Also I use carmex under a lot of lip products bc it makes my lips smoother and happier than just outright lipstick would. I keep carmex in all my drawers and bags, and there’s always always one in my glove box!
los angeles
LET ME SAY this is the best lip product ever! I always use carmex every single day and will always carry it with me at all times (and i mean ALL THE TIME). This lip balm is actually really moisturizing for me and never fails to leave a glossy look. This is one of my favorite lip balm of all times that leaves a natural, moisturized, and glossy touch to your lips. definitely recommend!!
Boston
Purchased at: CVS
Amazing product. I am an active runner (even in the harsh winters) and have always had issues with chapped lips in the colder weather. Carmex is unbelievable! I put it on before and after my runs as well as a couple of times throughout the day and it REALLY works! Much better than any of the other brands out there. I find that other brands only work to the extent that you actively use it but Carmex actually repairs! Best of its kind on the market for sure
I LIVEEEEE for this lip balm. I suffer from extremely dry lips. It almost feels and looks like I have psoriasis on my lips. I've tried countless of different lip treatments but nothing was working that well and I would have to apply it every 10 minutes for my lips to feel nourished. My friend recommended this and it has made all the difference!! I only have to apply it every couple of hours and I have one in every bag. I seriously cannot live without it.

219 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...