BY CARMEX #14 in Lip Care

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

• This is what I used when my lips are deshidrate specially...1 Answers
  • Does it leave your lips even more dry after?4 Answers
  • Is it worth the price tag ?6 Answers
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
You can't go wrong with Carmex! It's a classic. I love the menthol/minty flavor and how to really clings to your lips and makes them feel better, especially when your sick. I don't get cold sores or anything, I never have thank goodness, but when I get a cold, my lips get kind of dry and cracked from all the mouth-breathing bc of stuffy noses. Also, during the drier, colder months I love this bc it clings to the lips and soothes discomfort from the cool air. Like I said, you can't go wrong with this classic product and everyone knows it! :)
Ana J.
Glen Ellyn, IL
I have very sensitive skin on my face including my lips. I get cold sores maybe twice a year. This is my go to when I have them. Carmex Is most effective when the cold sore is dried. It helps my lips retain moisture and is very effective. I am a repeat buyer and recommend to those who get cold sores also.
Mary N.
Whitestone, NY
Carmex does it's job as a lip balm. The smell is strong, almost mentholated, but it goes on my lips and smooths them instantly. It's especially helpful in the winter when my lips get really chapped from the cold. The only thing I dislike about the product is the pot it comes in. I don't like having to dip my finger into the balm and to apply it to my lips with my hands. I feel like I can't use it out of the house if I don't have easy access to a sink to wash my hands before using it.
April G.
Not a fan. Carmex makes my lips tingle and sometimes burn. The formula is thick is doesn't seem to add any moisture, in fact my lips get more dry after using this, probably because the wax in carmex blocks out moisture. I also prefer the stick versions; the tiny jars seems unsainitary and seems to collect dust and dirt. I've been told carmex helps with cold sores, but I don't get them so I cannot speak to its effectiveness there.
Rhianna B.
Franklin, IN
I have used this product since I was young and the signature Carmex smell takes me back to memories of playing endlessly in the snow. My hands would be frozen and my tires so could but with this Carmex, my lips were never chapped! My mom would even rub it on my chapped knuckles to help them heal. This product is not expensive, especially when considering the multiple uses for it. Thanks for the walk down memory lane and a product that has given me the same amazing care for years! when
Kathy T.
Garden Grove, CA
I purchased this lipbalm only for a dollar after I ran out of eos balm, and I think I found a new and cheaper favorite! Although you have to manual apply it with your fingers, it feels better than eos balms! It leaves a tingly sensation on your lips that soothes your chapped and drying pains, and the product doesn't have a strong, offensive smell! Keeps your lips very soft and hydrated!
Kathryn O.
This stuff is a godsend. My lips get so incredibly chapped in the winter and during the changes of almost every season, and this is my go-to to help restore moisture. Its oily but doesnt cause breakouts around my mouth, smells great, feels medicated and smooth, and really heals dry, cracked lips! I often will use it after using a matte liquid lipstick as well in order to restore my lip's natural moisture. Great product super versatile and it lasts foreeeeeeever. :) would recommend
Ava G.
Avondale, PA
Carmex Jar lip moisturizer is my go-to chapstick. I don't suffer from cold sores but I do have very dry lips. It leaves my lips soft, supple and moisturized for hours. I prefer the jar packaging and feel that the other Carmex moisturizers may be made with a different formula. The jar Carmex is the only one that works incredibly for me. The smell is a little medicine-y but that never bothered me. It's quite comforting in fact. Almost nostalgic. I love to use this product right after the shower to slough off rough or dead skin and ALWAYS apply this product (then wipe off) before applying any type of lip gloss or lipstick. When using Matte lipstick, this is an absolute MUST. The amount you get for the cost is great. The only complaint I do have about Carmex Cold Sore Reliever and Lip Moisturizer is that when  I used it for a timely period, I noticed that when I stopped using this,  my lips peeled and were so chapped that they were almost painful. It was like my lips became addicted to the Carmex. I can't honestly blame them though this product moisturizes so well. It's a wonderful product. I would recommend to friends and family. Especially those in windy and cold cities.
Sarah M.
Port Huron, MI
I used to be addicted to this stuff! I love the tingling from the menthol and have been using Carmex original since I was a child. The jars give me such a feeling of nostalgia, but I find that the tubes are more practical, because who wants to dig in a jar with dirty hands. But I totally recommend this for winter lips and those who like to feel the product working.
Eh V.
This is one of the best product out there! I not only use this on my lips but I also use this on dry chapped skin which I get during the winter. I know this is gross but I also get chronic dry nose, and yes I know I have a humidifier and it doesn't work especially when I have to leave the house to go to work. So I started using this in my nose! And it works wonders! My nose stays moist and less nose bleed! I love it! I would recommend and definitely be using this product for life!
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Crystal G.
What are your thoughts on this product? (: