BY CARMEX #65 in Lip Care

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

• This is what I used when my lips are deshidrate specially because...1 Answers
  • Does it leave your lips even more dry after?4 Answers
  • Is it worth the price tag ?5 Answers
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar
  • "I swear I'm addicted to the smell of Original Carmex. This lip balm is my jam during those cold, dry winter months! Great protection from the elements. " in 4352 reviews
  • "I swear I'm addicted to the smell of Original Carmex. This lip balm is my jam during those cold, dry winter months! Great protection from the elements. " in 4117 reviews
  • "I swear I'm addicted to the smell of Original Carmex. This lip balm is my jam during those cold, dry winter months! Great protection from the elements. " in 4111 reviews
Annie R.
Luthvle Timon, MD
I’ve used this product for probably my entire life. My mom used it and so I always had a jar on my night stand growing up. I have continued purchasing, religiously, in my adult years and I honestly always will. I’m sure there are products out there that are the same or better, but this is probably the only skin care item I can say has worked for me for 20+ years. I keep a tube in all of my winter coats, my purse and on my night stand. I cannot sleep without this because I will wake up with dry, flaky lips. I highly recommend this to anyone with perpetually dry lips because this is my holy grail lip product. I even use it on my nostrils when I’m sick because the cooling, minty flavor helps you to breathe and keeps the skin from drying out due to constantly using tissues. It’s incredibly hydrating and calming. Love love love.
GiGi G.
Highland Hts, OH
I find it really difficult to review this product because as a lip balm and moisturizer, it worked fine. However, because of the tingle factor, It did not feel so good on my lips.

For example in the winter time if I were to put this on, it would moisturize my lips but at the same time it would almost sting because of the menthol, so it really wouldn't feel that great. I know they have made other versions that do not have the tingling sensation, or at least I am pretty sure that is the case, but I have yet to try any of those.

For anyone who does not mind the menthol or the tingling factor, I would definitely advise this as a good moisturizer though.
Air 🕊.
Winter Park, FL
I love Carmex, I would categorize it as a step right in between Vaseline and Blistex. It has the same lip healing properties as them, giving it a smooth finish (especially when you exfoliate your lips). It has a minty feel to it, but not as minty as Blistex's and not nonexistent as Vaseline, leaving it right in the middle. I typically get mine from the corner store and it was $2 tops, so not anything breaking bank. It also lasts a while, depending on how often you use it.
Justin S.
Shasta Lake, CA
Look the product works no question about it but the smell is absolutely Overpowering. There were times when this was a draw for the product, Not to get too graphic but I once worked in a cadaver lab and we use this product under our noses to help ward off the smell of everything else that we were using, This is also a favorite of many nurses who Have to deal with colostomies on a day-to-day basis, The smell is so strong it overpowers many other smells. But that shouldn't be what to draw for the product IS, This is marketed for your lips something that you use every single day and you don't want to smell like a chemical treatment plant everyday.
Sweetie B.
Carmex Jar lip moisturizer is my go-to chapstick. I don't suffer from cold sores but I do have very dry lips. It leaves my lips soft, supple and moisturized for hours. I prefer the jar packaging and feel that the other Carmex moisturizers may be made with a different formula. The jar Carmex is the only one that works incredibly for me. The smell is a little medicine-y but that never bothered me. It's quite comforting in fact. Almost nostalgic. I love to use this product right after the shower to slough off rough or dead skin and ALWAYS apply this product (then wipe off) before applying any type of lip gloss or lipstick. When using Matte lipstick, this is an absolute MUST. The amount you get for the cost is great. The only complaint I do have about Carmex Cold Sore Reliever and Lip Moisturizer is that when  I used it for a timely period, I noticed that when I stopped using this,  my lips peeled and were so chapped that they were almost painful. It was like my lips became addicted to the Carmex. I can't honestly blame them though this product moisturizes so well. It's a wonderful product. I would recommend to friends and family. Especially those in windy and cold cities.
Aleesha K.
Oxford, NC
I've heard so many good things about this that I decided to try it, finally.

First impressions were great, I like the scent with that bit of vanilla. Also went on so smooth and nice, I really liked it.

The next morning my lips were super dry though and kept peeling really bad :/ bummer. It took a few days with a different lip balm to get my lips moisturized and in shape again. I wonder what is in this that didn't agree with me? Maybe the salicylic acid? Phenol? No clue.

Back to the store it goes.
Allie S.
GAP, PA
For me, this is the holy grail of lip balms. We first met when I was younger, during a brief hospital stay. My lips were chapped, and this is what the nurses brought me. We've been bosom friends ever since- and I am passing my addiction on to my daughters! I keep a "pot" by my bed, one in each car, and the squeeze version in some winter coats. I find that it heals dry or cracked lips better than anything else! No idea about the cold sore remedy claims :)
rachel a.
Minneapolis
I've used this product since I was a kid to soothe my cracked and flaking lips in dry Minnesota winters. It moisturizes my lips and creates a barrier between my lips and the elements that lasts a surprising amount of time! My only complaint is it's a little annoying to apply because it's in a pot, but Carmex has plenty other packaging varieties available so I really can't blame the product on that one. This stuff is like a band-aid for your lips.
Cha G.
Los Angeles, CA
I’ve been using Carmex on and off through high school. I think the best part about it is that it literally makes your lips feel super cold after your put it on. I also feel that my lips even get a little fuller after I put it on, but that may just be me promoting blood flow to it after vigorously putting it onto my lips. But all in all, a great product. I can do without it’s kinda strong scent but it’s easily to get used to.
Emily B.
Carmex is a staple is a staple in anyone’s life. It’s a smooth formula that is strong enough to fixed even the worst chapped lips. It has a great medicine smell that’s not overpowering. It gives your lips a tingle that lets you know it’s working. Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Crystal G.
What are your thoughts on this product? (: