BY CARMEX #5 in Lip Care

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

Annie R.
Luthvle Timon, MD
I’ve used this product for probably my entire life. My mom used it and so I always had a jar on my night stand growing up. I have continued purchasing, religiously, in my adult years and I honestly always will. I’m sure there are products out there that are the same or better, but this is probably the only skin care item I can say has worked for me for 20+ years. I keep a tube in all of my winter coats, my purse and on my night stand. I cannot sleep without this because I will wake up with dry, flaky lips. I highly recommend this to anyone with perpetually dry lips because this is my holy grail lip product. I even use it on my nostrils when I’m sick because the cooling, minty flavor helps you to breathe and keeps the skin from drying out due to constantly using tissues. It’s incredibly hydrating and calming. Love love love.
Sarah G.
Gilbert, AZ
As someone who is always carrying around some form of lip balm, I have to say, hands down, this is my favorite. The smell doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I actually sort of like it. It makes me feel like the product actually works. Although you can see the results for yourself even after 1 use. It has a little bit of analgesic as well which is great for the extreme winter chapped or cracked lips, and I like the round balm as opposed to the squeeze tube or a crank-up original style. I keep multiple around the house and in my bags at all times. I am addicted!
Justin S.
Shasta Lake, CA
Look the product works no question about it but the smell is absolutely Overpowering. There were times when this was a draw for the product, Not to get too graphic but I once worked in a cadaver lab and we use this product under our noses to help ward off the smell of everything else that we were using, This is also a favorite of many nurses who Have to deal with colostomies on a day-to-day basis, The smell is so strong it overpowers many other smells. But that shouldn't be what to draw for the product IS, This is marketed for your lips something that you use every single day and you don't want to smell like a chemical treatment plant everyday.
Sweetie B.
Carmex Jar lip moisturizer is my go-to chapstick. I don't suffer from cold sores but I do have very dry lips. It leaves my lips soft, supple and moisturized for hours. I prefer the jar packaging and feel that the other Carmex moisturizers may be made with a different formula. The jar Carmex is the only one that works incredibly for me. The smell is a little medicine-y but that never bothered me. It's quite comforting in fact. Almost nostalgic. I love to use this product right after the shower to slough off rough or dead skin and ALWAYS apply this product (then wipe off) before applying any type of lip gloss or lipstick. When using Matte lipstick, this is an absolute MUST. The amount you get for the cost is great. The only complaint I do have about Carmex Cold Sore Reliever and Lip Moisturizer is that when  I used it for a timely period, I noticed that when I stopped using this,  my lips peeled and were so chapped that they were almost painful. It was like my lips became addicted to the Carmex. I can't honestly blame them though this product moisturizes so well. It's a wonderful product. I would recommend to friends and family. Especially those in windy and cold cities.
Sunie F.
Being someone that does get fever blisters, Carmex has always been a go to of mine. I've found that any time I feel one start to come up and I put some of this on it, it usually stops it dead in it's tracks. It's like a holy grail for me. I prefer getting it in these containers but that's just me. I'm not a huge fan of the taste though and so far I haven't found these in the cherry flavor like the tubes come in so that's a little disappointing but I will keep searching! Who knows, maybe they are out there and I just haven't came across them yet.
Hayley R.
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar is my go-to bedtime routine chapstick! During the day I prefer not to stick my finger in a jar and put it on my lips, but before going to bed, I know my hands are clean so I don’t mind. The jar lasts so long—probably over a year with fairly regular use. I thought it would never end. The chapstick is thick though and a little greasy. Be careful if you like your bed sheets, as it would probably transfer to your pillowcase, but I’ve never done it myself. It’s usually still on my lips in the morning, so I feel like they got hydrated all night long!
Sabrin H.
After talking to dermatologists and digging into scientific studies, we were surprised (and a little disheartened) to discover the ingredients in some of the best lip balms can cause irritation — and make dry lips even drier. The key: finding a balm with simple ingredients that include moisturizers, like beeswax, or barrier agents, like petrolatum, and little to nothing else. Once we found those, we tested 25 to see which felt the best going on, provided long-lasting moisture, and weren't too glossy.
Melinda M.
Cumming, GA
The smell is a little much I well give it that but I have yet to find a lip balm work even half as well for me especially in the winter! Usually after just one application my lips feel so much better and very hydrated. Even the cherry one I like. Weather its in the tube or stick I have found it to be the best one for me. Its not crazy expensive like some brands!
Monica T.
Winchester
I have been using Carmex for a long, long time and I can't live without it. I am super in love with the classic balm in the jar. I feel like the formula is more potent than in the plastic tube.

Carmex is perfect for chapped, cracked lips, dry lips or just for a little extra hydration boost before lipstick application. The medicated formula heals lips and keeps them healthy.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone and everyone who is in to intense yet easy lip care.
Aleesha K.
Oxford, NC
I've heard so many good things about this that I decided to try it, finally.

First impressions were great, I like the scent with that bit of vanilla. Also went on so smooth and nice, I really liked it.

The next morning my lips were super dry though and kept peeling really bad :/ bummer. It took a few days with a different lip balm to get my lips moisturized and in shape again. I wonder what is in this that didn't agree with me? Maybe the salicylic acid? Phenol? No clue.

Back to the store it goes.
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Btissam E.
Rabat
Guys what about the packaging did you like it ?!