BY CARMEX

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

Reviews (1934)
Sweetie B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Carmex Jar lip moisturizer is my go-to chapstick. I don't suffer from cold sores but I do have very dry lips. It leaves my lips soft, supple and moisturized for hours. I prefer the jar packaging and feel that the other Carmex moisturizers may be made with a different formula. The jar Carmex is the only one that works incredibly for me. The smell is a little medicine-y but that never bothered me. It's quite comforting in fact. Almost nostalgic. I love to use this product right after the shower to slough off rough or dead skin and ALWAYS apply this product (then wipe off) before applying any type of lip gloss or lipstick. When using Matte lipstick, this is an absolute MUST. The amount you get for the cost is great. The only complaint I do have about Carmex Cold Sore Reliever and Lip Moisturizer is that when  I used it for a timely period, I noticed that when I stopped using this,  my lips peeled and were so chapped that they were almost painful. It was like my lips became addicted to the Carmex. I can't honestly blame them though this product moisturizes so well. It's a wonderful product. I would recommend to friends and family. Especially those in windy and cold cities.
¥oung D.
La Puente
Beauty Junkie Expert
 Works wonderfully i used to get cold sores ALL the time when I was a kid and my mouth would always hurt and be stiff and I would just be in so much pain I would just use  Carmax and my lips wouldnt be stiff no more I didn't feel pain from my cold sores sometimes I would forget I even had cold sores and best thing about it is since it works very well for cold sores it works amazingly for just regular chapped lips and it works really well to prevent you from getting chapped lips I would put this on whenever I felt like I needed to in the winter and I never got chapped lips it's so underrated cause everyone just thinks it for cold sores but it's not
Stephanie K.
Puyallup, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I never get cold sores, so I strictly use this for chapstick. It helps relieve my lips from the pain of chapping and dry lips by giving you a protective layer that soothes and moisturizes your lips. When I use Carmex on my severely chapped lips it heals them (usually) within the first application, which is what I'm looking for a product to do-to make me feel better as soon as possible and not drag out the symptoms. I love carmex, I've been using it since I was in high school, and I always have a few on hand (one in the car, one on my nightstand, one in my purse..)
Amber R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Everyone knows Carmex is great for keeping your lips hydrated, it's a classic product for a reason. With that being said, for me the packaging is the only reason I can't give this product the full 5stars. I much prefer a tube or other method of application, as using the tin leaves product on my fingers or under my fingernails and really irritates me. I know some people apply it directly to their lips from the tin, but as I have larger lips this method does not work well for me and so I would recommend definitely going with the tube over the tin.
Alicia L.
Albuquerque
Beauty Junkie Expert
I cannot get over the smell of this. It just makes me feel happy lol. Just a simple lip conditioner and very unisex. I do wish the tubes were as good as the little jar but I do not find it to be the same it could just be all in my mind but I prefer my little jar of happiness. It makes my lips super soft and supple. I also use it on any dry spots I may have. I have never had any issues with this causing irritation to my lips or skin I keep this on my nightstand and use before bed. Lasts forever.
Lexi B.
Staten Island, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let's just face it if it's not broken don't fix it another well strategic marketing genius who has them right at the registers so any and ever drug store you went to cherrys the main. But just try finding the pink lemonade and banana I can't remember if my local drug store it was  CARMEX or another brand.. this is the very best other then 18 abbreva ( severe sores) luckily CARMEX works every time.. if it don't I think ya may want to see a doctor something tells me it's a bit more then CARMEX CAN TREAT
Shavonna J.
Englewood
I was in the store yesterday looking for the coco-butter brand chapstick because I love that brand. I couldn't find it and decided to give Carmex a try. Everyone needs to buy this product. I don't get why people say that it's addicting and using it once you have to use it forever. I applied this yesterday afternoon and didn't have to reapply until today this afternoon. This stuff is amazing and lasts way longer than other lip balm you re-apply every 10-20 minutes. I'm gonna try the cherry one next!
Su B.
Atlanta
I bought this from one of my local walgreens. I had lost my burt bees chapstick and was in a rush to get something quickly so I stopped by the walgreens before heading out for my road trip. It's one of the cheapest, but most effective lip moisturizers out there. Better than most much expensive brands! I would definitely recommend this to others for dry lips on a regular basis and even cold sores. I have bought this in the past for cold sores in MI winters and is my go-to for that as well.
Hannah C.
St Petersburg, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Carmex is a classic to me. It was the only lip balm my mom ever used when I was growing up, so everytime I use it, it always takes me back to my childhood. I prefer the squeeze tube rather than the small tubs with the lids so I don't have to stick my fingers in it (I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe when it comes to my makeup products). I can have chapped lips when I go to bed and I will put this on overnight and when I wake up they are soft and totally healed. This stuff is the best.
Corinne W.
Mayville
Beauty Junkie Expert
Best lip balm EVER! I have a really bad habit of picking the dead flakey skin off my lips which leaves them raw and sore. Putting this on throughout the day and overnight heals my lips rapidly. It's amazing! I don't tend to get cold sores very often, but when ever I do, I dab a little of the carmex on top of it several times during the day and my cold sore disappears in 2 or 3 days. The only thing I don't like is the smell, but I deal with it because it is SUCH a great product.