BY CARMEX

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

• This is what I used when my lips are deshidrate specially...1 Answers
  • Does it leave your lips even more dry after?7 Answers
  • Is it worth the price tag ?6 Answers
Annie R.
Luthvle Timon, MD
I’ve used this product for probably my entire life. My mom used it and so I always had a jar on my night stand growing up. I have continued purchasing, religiously, in my adult years and I honestly always will. I’m sure there are products out there that are the same or better, but this is probably the only skin care item I can say has worked for me for 20+ years. I keep a tube in all of my winter coats, my purse and on my night stand. I cannot sleep without this because I will wake up with dry, flaky lips. I highly recommend this to anyone with perpetually dry lips because this is my holy grail lip product. I even use it on my nostrils when I’m sick because the cooling, minty flavor helps you to breathe and keeps the skin from drying out due to constantly using tissues. It’s incredibly hydrating and calming. Love love love.
Justin S.
Shasta Lake, CA
Look the product works no question about it but the smell is absolutely Overpowering. There were times when this was a draw for the product, Not to get too graphic but I once worked in a cadaver lab and we use this product under our noses to help ward off the smell of everything else that we were using, This is also a favorite of many nurses who Have to deal with colostomies on a day-to-day basis, The smell is so strong it overpowers many other smells. But that shouldn't be what to draw for the product IS, This is marketed for your lips something that you use every single day and you don't want to smell like a chemical treatment plant everyday.
Kimberly J.
Spring Hill, FL
I’m just gonna come right out and say it... I DONT LIKE CARMEX! I don’t like the smell, the taste, or it’s ingredients... The people that create this product aren’t stupid! They know exactly what they’re doing when they put the same ingredients in Carmex that your lips produce naturally and because Carmex is giving you that moisture, your lips don’t have to produce it anymore, making you completely dependent on it for the moisture your lips need... It’s the same with Visine Original Redness Relief Eye Drops... It’s made to give your eyes moisture but after so long, your eyes will stop producing that moisture on their own because they don’t have to.. Visine is doing it for them! Which again leaves you completely dependent on it, in order to keep your eyes happy... In closing, these companies do this so they can keep you coming back for more, keep you buying their product, it’s a trick to keep their pockets lined with money and we blindly hand it over not knowing that what we are buying is creating a much bigger problem and down the rabbit hole we go!
Megan B.
Puyallup, WA
Who can say no to such a classic? This has been a product that has been around me nearly my entire life. It is always such a great go-to, and gets the job done without question. It works so well during the winter, and keeps me from feeling like my lips are trying to flake away.
I always like to keep at least one of these handy at all times, and find myself gravitating towards it whenever I am at a store.
At the end of the day this is a bullet proof balm that is going to leave your lips feeling hydrated, smooth, and fantastic.
Aleesha K.
Oxford, NC
I've heard so many good things about this that I decided to try it, finally.

First impressions were great, I like the scent with that bit of vanilla. Also went on so smooth and nice, I really liked it.

The next morning my lips were super dry though and kept peeling really bad :/ bummer. It took a few days with a different lip balm to get my lips moisturized and in shape again. I wonder what is in this that didn't agree with me? Maybe the salicylic acid? Phenol? No clue.

Back to the store it goes.
Allie S.
Gap , PA
For me, this is the holy grail of lip balms. We first met when I was younger, during a brief hospital stay. My lips were chapped, and this is what the nurses brought me. We've been bosom friends ever since- and I am passing my addiction on to my daughters! I keep a "pot" by my bed, one in each car, and the squeeze version in some winter coats. I find that it heals dry or cracked lips better than anything else! No idea about the cold sore remedy claims :)
Cha G.
Los Angeles, CA
I’ve been using Carmex on and off through high school. I think the best part about it is that it literally makes your lips feel super cold after your put it on. I also feel that my lips even get a little fuller after I put it on, but that may just be me promoting blood flow to it after vigorously putting it onto my lips. But all in all, a great product. I can do without it’s kinda strong scent but it’s easily to get used to.
Megan K.
Pepperell
The best lip balm. This is my always go to lip balm you can actually feel it working because it tingles and feels amazing on the lips. I really like how well it brings moisture into my lips again. This smooth lip balm offers a smooth balm, a nice feeling and a secure cap. The flavor is faint—just enough so the balm doesn't have a clear smell. I would buy again because it helps my chapped lips and recommend to a friend.
Katie S.
Pleasanton, CA
This chapstick is probably one the best ones I have tried on my hunt for the perfect chapstick. My lips are very dry and I feel like it’s impossible to find a chapstick that completely gets rid of my dehydrated patches, but this one does help a little bit. The only thing I dislike about this brand is the tubes will release too much of the greasy feeling chapstick and the jars are harder to apply the chapstick.
Sarah G.
As someone who is always carrying around some form of lip balm, I have to say, hands down, this is my favorite. The smell doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, I actually sort of like it. It makes me feel like the product actually works. Although you can see the results for yourself even after 1 use. It has a little bit of analgesic as well which is great for the extreme winter chapped or cracked lips, and I like the round balm as opposed to the squeeze tube or a crank-up original style. I keep multiple around the house and in my bags at all times. I am addicted!
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Crystal G.
What are your thoughts on this product? (:

Walmart