BY CARMEX

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

• This is what I used when my lips are deshidrate specially...2 Answers
  • Do u guys prefer this one or the one in a tube3 Answers
  • Do this brand ever leave your lips tingling?3 Answers
Brie T.
Langhorne
I had high expectations for this product because of its reputation, but for me it did not live up to the hype. For starters, I do not like the smell, and it's very strong. It's smells like menthol, reminds me of vicks vapo rub. Good if you have a stuffy nose too! It goes on nicely and feels waxy. I didn't feel like it helped my chapped lips but rather it would prevent chapping, not helpful if you're already chapped. I've never had cold sores, so I can't comment on its claims of helping cold sores or fever blisters. I would possibly use this if I was going to be outside in the cold for a long period of time and wanted to protect my lips, but not for afterwards.
Brittany M.
Newport News, VA
Carmex is an absolute classic! In the winter nothing is superior in preventing and helping heal chapped lips. In the United States the active ingredients in Carmex are benzocaine, camphor, menthol, phenol and salicylic acid and the inactive ingredients are petrolatum, lanolin, cetyl esters, paraffin wax, cocoa butter, beeswax and flavoring. The reason I listed the ingredients is to point out what works so well. The benzocaine is a local anesthetic which helps reduce pain topically. So if your lips are sore this will help. Camphor is also used as a pain reliever and is the same stuff found in Vicks. Menthol, phenol and salicylic acid all help to make that minty, tingly sensation. They may also exfoliate the lips, causing them to peel. You may think this is bad but if you have chapped skin it will need exfoliation. The inactive ingredients contain 2 things. The first is a few ingredients to help moisturize but the second and honestly the majority are compounds to help seal and protect your lips. So even if the skin has vecome thinner do to exfoliation the rest of the product will help keep the moisture inside the skin. This is best used when trying to heal and protect not just for casual use. If your looking for an everyday lip moisturizer look for something without exfoliants and something that has more moisturizers like cocoa butter rather than a sealer like petrolatum (vaseline). Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar
Rachel C.
Gonzales
I've been using this since high school. Love the cooling feeling of the balm. Love how it immediately softens my lips. Pretty long wearing, though I find it difficult to not slather it on again and again because I love the feeling of it. If my lips are just starting to get chapped, it soothes them and puts a stop to that nonsense immediately. If they are already bad, it soothes them and helps them heal quickly. If it's just chap, they can be 100% better the next day, easily, if not sooner. Love this solid product.
Rachel K.
This is a lifesaving product. While visiting my grandparents, I asked if they had anything for the start of a cold sore. This is all they had and so I used a cue tip to apply it to the area of the "tingle". I never ended up with a full blown sore because of this. For sanitary reasons, I would not recommend sharing even though it doesn't touch your lips. Additionally, I wouldn't apply with your finger because unless your hands are clean, you will transfer bacteria to the whole jar.
Tori B.
Jeffersonville
This is the original product for me. The same Carmex formula in a pot. Contains plenty of product and should last a long time. I don't prefer using my finger as a applicator due to the sticky texture Carmex has so I could see someone using their own applicator with this version. It creates a barrier on your lips to help with the chapped dryness. It definitely works but if feeling a lot of stuff on your lips bother you I don't recommend this.
Kathryn M.
Carmex is a solid choice for lip balm. My other 2 go tos are Kiel’s and Jack Black, so Carmex has stiff competition. However, it stands up well for a much lower price point. The product itself is much thicker which I don’t like as much on my lips during the day. However, this is great at night. It does a great job moisturizing and healing. On a personal note, I love the little tub! Everyone seems to be going away from the tubs! :(
Rianna L.
Westminster, Co
This isn't my favorite but it is certainly better than most. With stores like Walmart and Walgreens offering Carmex for 2 for $1, it certainly makes it a budget product. However, with it being medicated you can only use a certain amount of times in a day and I found that it wasnt enough for me. So, if you're in a pinch. This is a wonderful product. If you're okay and can afford more, do better (Okeefes lip repair babies!)
kirsten 😙.
Hickory
keeps lips moisturized and healthy, giving it a slight glow. gives lips a bit of a plump look. packaging is nice but allows it to melt and feel sticky. the product is sold at numerous stores for $1. i would recommend using and storing in a cold area.   Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Tube , Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar , Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Stick .
Skye S.
Julian, WV
This is by far the best lip balm I've ever used, hands down. Super effective in treating my chapped lips, keeping them moist and protected! I love that it comes in a little (yet very sturdy) jar, so I can just toss it into my purse and not have to worry about the cap popping off and getting all over my belongings. It's on the cheaper end as well, which just makes it that much better!
Melo S.
Vineland
I gave this product a three star rating because it smells way too medicated. I feel like it’s taste is just as bad as the smell and it should not be that way considering how easy it can enter my mouth. The packaging is definitely eye catching considering the bright yellow and red. Overall, the lip balm is good for dry weather and making sure my lips feel moisturized.
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Crystal G.
What are your thoughts on this product? (:

Target