BY CARMEX

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:

Inactive Ingredients:

• This is what I used when my lips are deshidrate specially...2 Answers
  • Does it leave your lips even more dry after?7 Answers
  • Is it worth the price tag ?6 Answers
Brittany M.
Newport News
Carmex is an absolute classic! In the winter nothing is superior in preventing and helping heal chapped lips. In the United States the active ingredients in Carmex are benzocaine, camphor, menthol, phenol and salicylic acid and the inactive ingredients are petrolatum, lanolin, cetyl esters, paraffin wax, cocoa butter, beeswax and flavoring. The reason I listed the ingredients is to point out what works so well. The benzocaine is a local anesthetic which helps reduce pain topically. So if your lips are sore this will help. Camphor is also used as a pain reliever and is the same stuff found in Vicks. Menthol, phenol and salicylic acid all help to make that minty, tingly sensation. They may also exfoliate the lips, causing them to peel. You may think this is bad but if you have chapped skin it will need exfoliation. The inactive ingredients contain 2 things. The first is a few ingredients to help moisturize but the second and honestly the majority are compounds to help seal and protect your lips. So even if the skin has vecome thinner do to exfoliation the rest of the product will help keep the moisture inside the skin. This is best used when trying to heal and protect not just for casual use. If your looking for an everyday lip moisturizer look for something without exfoliants and something that has more moisturizers like cocoa butter rather than a sealer like petrolatum (vaseline). Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar
Lisa G.
Fairport , NY
Purchased at: Target
This is usually my go to when I need a moisturizing lip balm and I don’t have time to spend in the store agonizing over what scent or brand I should try. Lip balms, chapsticks, scrubs, moisturizers, all of these things seem way overpriced to me and I hate spending money on a product that ends up doing nothing to make my lips feel hydrated. Let’s face it, it’s hit or miss in this category; a product either works really well or it totally fails, so knowing that I can always grab a little pot of Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Original Jar for 99 cents when I just need something simple and reliable is nice to know!
Allison L.
Huntington Beach
I usually buy the tube for personal use but my family kept stealing my tubes!! I had to buy a jar to keep in my makeup drawer for the rest of the family to use as needed with a q tip or freshly washed finger. We all get very dry lips and I have never had or heard a complaint out of our family. I keep tubes of this at my desk at work, purse, vanity, car... this is my go to lip treatment. My step kids say it burns for a minute but then feels better, I think the burn feels good. I guess it’s just preference. I would highly recommend, but even further recommend the tube of this 5 out of 5! Easily!
Catherine C.
Cincinnati, OH
This product is an old school stand-by. If you’re an 80s baby like me, this product always reminds me of the smell of a freshly hatched Cabbage Patch Kid. 😊 It always moistures well and is easy to apply. Although the drawback to any kind of a jar product is that you really should have clean hands before you use the product. It’s not always practical to think that you’re in a place to wash your hands when you want to apply a lip moisturizer. I’ll use this, but it’s not my go-to.
Kathryn M.
Carmex is a solid choice for lip balm. My other 2 go tos are Kiel’s and Jack Black, so Carmex has stiff competition. However, it stands up well for a much lower price point. The product itself is much thicker which I don’t like as much on my lips during the day. However, this is great at night. It does a great job moisturizing and healing. On a personal note, I love the little tub! Everyone seems to be going away from the tubs! :(
Raelynn C.
Bowling Green
I love this product it is just like an original squeezy tube Carmex except for in a jar the only thing that I do you not like about it is that you have to use your fingers but that is kind of the point to this product so that’s just my personal opinion other than that it does the same thing that any squeezy to Carmex would do gives the same hydration and text me all of the chapped lips.
Laura G.
Branford
Purchased at: CVS
I like the balmy formula that coats my lips nicely and you can feel a slight tingly warmth when it’s applied, so you know it’s working to heal chapped lips! I’d give it 4 stars if it weren’t for the jar! Ladies...if you have long nails it’s a pain to stick your finger in the jar to apply it because it gets stuck underneath and makes a mess! It also smells a bit medicine like to me!
I'M S.
Cleveland
I don’t particularly care for it I don’t like the smell or the taste it has a heavy feeling on my lips and it’s pretty hard to wipe off.the tub is convenient but I don’t care for it.I have used it on several occasions when I don’t have anything else,however i perfer blistex.although I don’t like carmex  I would recommend it to others I know a lot of people who love carmex
Rhonda M.
Charlotte, NC
Purchased at: Walgreens
It’s the season... my lips are dry. No complaints on the weather though because women with “hot flashes” enjoy the cooler weather. My hot flashes came on much earlier than expected because of surgeries but my goodness it’s rough people. Ok, so this review is about lip balm so sorry I kinda went off on something else. I bought this on a whim because I am not familiar but had read reviews on here regarding it. Everyone here seemed to love it. I’m not loving it. First of all I have to use my fingers to put it on because that’s the kind I bought. My fingers took about nine different things to remove the impossible grease that was on them that I was applying to my lips. My lips did immediately feel hydrated but if a good wind came by I would have been in serious trouble with my hair landing all in it. I guess this stuff helps and provides your lips from drying out or getting chapped but I think I’ll take a hard pass and keep using chapstick or Eos.
Rosie Y.
Purchased at: Walmart
When my lips get really chapped this is my go to lip balm because it heals them extremely quick! The formula is nice on the lips and doesn't sting like most medicated lip balms do when my lips get extremely chapped. I love the packaging because the top stays on securely so I don't have to worry about it popping open in my bag and getting all over everything!
Kayla K.
Is this better then Burt's bees and what is the scent?
Raych P.
Fremont, NE
Anyone else ever hoard Carmex tubes?
Kayla S.
Plainfield, IL
Does your lips get zoo use to it, they become more chapped?
Gown C.
This is better than the ones in the squeeze tube?
Crystal G.
What are your thoughts on this product? (:

Amazon