BY CARMEX #29 in Lip Care

A squeezable medicated lip balm to soothe and protect dry, chapped lips with SPF 15 and a sweet cherry flavor

Provides long-lasting protective barrier to help healing

Cools and soothes lips with camphor and menthol

Active Ingredients:
Octinoxate 7.50%.................................................................Sunscreen

Oxybenzone 4.00%.................................................................Sunscreen

White Petrolatum 38.87%.................................................................Lip Protectant

Inactive Ingredients:
Lanolin, Flavor, Beeswax, Cetyl Esters, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Camphor, Menthol, Phenol, Vanillin

• The best lip balm ever better than eos and any other one ...1 Answers
  • Is this product good? I need to know:(5 Answers
  • What do you like most about Carmex?7 Answers
Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Cherry Tube
  • "I've never had a cold sore, but i use this stuff as lip gloss everyday. i never get chapped lips, and they're always really soft. it's great for the summer time because it wont melt everywhere, but in the winter it's really difficult to get it out of the tube...the gel gets hard when its cold." in 1596 reviews
  • "LOVE carmex. it tingles when you put it on and it feels awesome! Really moisturizing. " in 353 reviews
  • "First thing it smells good, moisturizes your lips, leaves your lips with a shine. You cant go wrong with carmex. " in 240 reviews
  • "I was suffering from chapped lips big time after a long summer running season that had me licking my lips frequently on long runs." in 21 reviews
  • "I didn't find that it helped my cold sores much and the smell was extreme and medicinal which I didn't like since it was staying on my lips for so long." in 6 reviews
Kimberly J.
Spring Hill, FL
I feel the same way about the Cherry Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm In a Tube as I do any other Carmex product... It’s awful! It’s cheap! And like I’ve said before the people that make Carmex know what they’re doing! They put the same ingredients in Carmex that your lips use to produce moisture and when you use it long enough your lips with stop producing that moisture on their own because they don’t have to... Carmex is producing it for them so your lips become completely dependent on it, which brings you right back to spending more money on Carmex... lining their pockets with money and leaving us with the same problem!
Ruth A.
Antioch, CA
If I could give this zero stars I would. I bought this product because i was told that it was good for cold sores and that it would stop it from getting bad. This made my cold sore 10x worse! I went from having a tiny itchy spot to a massive cold sore blister that swelled up one side of my lip. It looked like I had gotten punched in the mouth. I’m not sure if it’s because this has a petroleum base (my lips are quite sensitive to petroleum products) or if it was something else. But if you are like me, then I definitely recommend that you not buy this! You’re better off drying out the cold sore with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.
Easter B.
Tucson
This tube reminds me of high school when I would use this with eyeliner and call it a day. The consistency is similar to that of Vaseline and it hydrates the lip in a similar way. It is kind of a greasy and it smells alright. Overall, I think you would do better with a normal stick balm, but it is a good replacement for the Vaseline lip products. If you want ultimate hydration for baby soft lips I would not recommend this. However, if you like shiny lips and the consistency of Vaseline, this is a cheaper and better option. Carmex® Classic Lip Balm Cherry TubeVaseline® Lip Therapy® Cocoa Butter Mini
Maria N.
One of the legendary trusty balms! Go with this if you prefer that fresh and cool minty feeling on the lips! This was my go-to chapstick during my teenage high school years and it never left my pocket.

The reason I give this 4 stars is because I notice that when I use Carmex, I need to keep using the product to keep my lips moisturized. Otherwise they become more dry, maybe it's the lips getting used to having an outside source for moisture?

Regardless, there's nothing scary to try about this! Go with this if you prefer a stronger/medicated balm!
Shawne D.
Winter Garden, FL
I’ve loved Carmex for years and have tried a few different formulas. My favorite is the one in the jar but I like the tube for the convenience factor of being able to keep it in your pocket or your purse and apply on the go without having to put your fingers in a pot. The menthol in Carmex makes it feel like it’s healing your lips and is great for every season but especially in the winter months. It’s so affordable too and it’s always reliable and easily accessible; that’s why I love Carmex so much and will always repurchase.
Valdiviez ..
Arlington , VA
This is one of my staple go to’s the cherry scent is pleasant, doesn’t have a “cough syrup”/ “medicine” smell to me. I love using this (and the original) in the winter. This is my preferred choice if I have severely chapo lips or pain around the edges or corners of lips or mouth. I fine that if my lips are really chapped/pealing (from constant licking/drying out) the cherry tends to give me a slight burning sensation beyond the normal tingling but it isn’t intolerable, I find the cherry quite soothing when your lips are in pain and you can just focus on the scent. I don’t get cold sores but I know people who use this as a preferred relief method for it.
Bre'yana S.
Houston , TX
An oldie, but definitely a goodie. I have used Carmex since I was a little girl. I carried this everywhere and I still do. I like that it comes in a tube form now. That screw top tin canister was cute but it was not convenient, especially in the winter wearing gloves. After all these years the formula has stayed the same. They never deviated and that’s what I love. They may have added new scents, but it still gets the job done. The price is pretty much still the same. Carmex is Ol’ Faithful!
Katie S.
Pleasanton, CA
This chapstick is probably one the best ones I have tried on my hunt for the perfect chapstick. My lips are very dry and I feel like it’s impossible to find a chapstick that completely gets rid of my dehydrated patches, but this one does help a little bit. The only thing I dislike about this brand is the tubes will release too much of the greasy feeling chapstick and the jars are harder to apply the chapstick.
This one isn’t that good it gives you a weird feeling , I expected it to be better than the regular one but it wasn’t at all, it is easy to use but slippery not as thick as the regular kind , you can get it from drug stores or Walmart I wouldn’t buy it again I don’t recommend it .
Laura K.
Wilkes Barre, PA
I got this as an impulse buy at a store because it was right by the cash register. I have a sick obsession with also it’s a lip on the brands and flavors. This is absolutely disgusting. Are usually prefer a minty taste to it it makes my lips and Bretz feel a little bit fresher. This was gross. It’s like a peppermint candle was melting in the sun and just smeared on to my face.
Jazmin M.
Staten Island
Does anyone recommend this as a regular Chapstick ?
Kylan J.
Richmond, VA
Question has been deleted
Latoya W.
What do you like most about Carmex?
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Love it or Leave It?
Catrina F.
Atlanta, GA
How well does this work with lipstick?

back