Cargo Land Down Under Eye Shadow Palette

by CARGO

When we think of Australia, surf, sand, and lush greenery (OK, and koala bears) come to mind. All that beauty may be a 23-hour plane ride away, but luckily the cosmetic geniuses at Cargo figured out a way to keep its colors closer to home. This palette of 12 highly pigmented eye shadows takes inspiration from the sand, water, and foliage found in the Aussie capital. They even threw in a double-tipped brush and a black eyeliner pencil for good measure.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Cargo Land Down Under Eye Shadow Palette!
Product Highlights
Color payoff is great these are very pigmented and come with a variety of finishes. The packaging is nice and simple. Would very much recommend this palette. This palette has a lot to choose from. I would repurchase in 9 reviews
10 months agoDixon, IL
Purchased at: Kohl's
Such beautiful colors!!! Good mix of shimmer and mattes. Inexpensive. Goes on smooth and color lasts all day. A little color goes a long way, but all the colors are buildable.
3 years agoWest Dundee, IL
Cargo Land Down Under Eye Shadow Palette uploaded by Lauren P.
This palette comes in gorgeous packaging with a standard magnetic closure, mirror and brush. Overall I give it an A+ on that front. When it comes to the shadows, however, I'm a little less than impressed. Cargo tends to be hit or miss with palettes and I think this one is fairly middle-of-the-road. The color selection is somewhat limited to mostly neutrals, though I think the mixture goes well with the theme. I also like the mix of mattes to shimmers, and the shimmers definitely have a nice pigmentation and formulation. I do think the mattes are chalky and prone to fallout, though, and that's mainly why I'm underwhelmed with this palette. The quality is just a tad under other high end brands. All things considered this is an ok starter palette but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone unless it was purchased on sale.
3 years agoArvada, CO
I recently added this palette to my Cargo collection. I absolutely love this palette. The color options are amazing and I can create so many different looks with them. They last all day and do not budge. The pigmentation is to die for and they blend so easily together. I highly recommended this palette and any other Cargo palettes. I will be purchasing the next seasonal one they came out with.
3 years agoHermitage,PA
I received a sample of Cargo in my birchbox, which then led me to buy the palette. I find these to be somewhat highly pigmented compared to others. What I was the most impressed with is how well the colors blend and are light weight. A little goes a long way with these shades. I would recommend this palette to anyone who is looking for a higher end kit without the higher end price.
3 years agoHouston, TX
Cargo Land Down Under Eye Shadow Palette uploaded by Brie F.
I really didn't enjoy this palette. Thank goodness I only paid $17 dollars for it. When I got it home and swatched it literally nothing came off. I tried applying it with an enhancer and it just performed poorly. I ended up giving it away to a battered women's shelter, so at least someone could give it love.
3 years ago
Beautiful colors! I can't say enough about the shadows. I found two on sale awhile back and gave them a try, and now I'm addicted! They blend very well, are highly pigmented – yet you can build them up if you want to. I typically wear a primer, but with these I don't need it. I wish Sephora or Ulta would carry these, I just can't find them there. The only place in store I can find them is Kohls.
2 years ago
This was the very first cargo palette I ever bought and this palette started my obsession with cargo cosmetics. This pigmentation is alright except in the blue shades are amazing. But tiers talk about the brush. It has become my favorite brush I own. I would love if cargo would come out with a brush set that's how much I love that brush.
3 years agoMedia, PA
Some of these are hit or miss so it depends on which when you've gotten. I personally really enjoyed this one. The colors were much brighter than others I've tried by this brand. #makeupmadness greens and golds are my loves!!
3 years agoMiami, FL
I've tried two of the eye shadow colors from this palette, and I'm not at all impressed with Cargo. They were beautiful, neutral colors, but the pigmentation was awful. Absolutely no color payoff (less pigmented than UD Naked palettes) and they had a lot of fallout. Even the dark brown shade I received had no pigmentation, and usually it's easier to get color payoff from darker colors. Lots of shimmer, not enough color nor are they long-lasting or stay in place. There are far better eye shadows you can find elsewhere. And the price of this palette definitely isn't worth it.
3 years ago
When I found this palette on sale, I got really excited. I want to expand my makeup collection and cargo being new to me, I bought it. Unfortunately there was a reason it was on sale.. I like the range and mixture of mattes and shimmers. But there's very little pigmentation. The shimmers are barely noticeable and really chunky with fallout. A couple colors are good.There's a couple nice mattes. But the cool bright colors are boring with no pigmentation. The brush it comes with and the eye liner are nice. The liner is super dark and smooth. I do plan on playing with it more, but I never reach for it. So I guess we'll see. Do not recommend.