Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Eye Shadow Palette

by CARGO

The Essentials Eye Shadow Palette from Cargo Cosmetics features twelve neutral colour shades. The paraben-free highly pigmented eye shadows allow easy application and blending to create your desired look. Experiment with dramatic intense lines or smudge for a softer more natural look. Complete with a versatile dual-ended brush for professional results and a black eye liner pencil which can be sharpened for precision. Decorated with Cargo's signature skyline design. E.N. Directions for use: Use the brush to apply eye shadow to the eye lid crease brow bone and outer corner. Dot the eye pencil along the base of the lash line in evenly spaced intervals then go back along and fill in the gaps to create a full line. Repeat for a thicker line or blend for a softer finish.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Eye Shadow Palette!
Product Highlights
I love this palette and the brush it comes with. Rhe colors are long lasting and pigmented in 10 reviews
a year agoKokomo, IN
I caught this pallette on sale. It comes with a nice double ended brush and a pencil eyeliner (black). The pallette has some kick back and is what I would consider "drug store" range, but it stays on, does not crease and the formula is soft and buttery.   I do feel the cooler tone top row are way too light for most eye looks, BUT use as a highlight or inner eye corner color and it works okay.  I do love the chart on the box that explains and tells how to use on the lids to do a couple looks, and also the arrangements of colors they have broken into "quads" and "duo" so it's a perfect pallette for beginners and also if you can get on sale.
On a side note, the gel eyeliner (it don't come with this kit) is the best eyeliner you will ever use.
As for this pallette,  yes I would recommend it IF IF IF you are a beginner,  or you collect pallettes, or you catch it on a good sale.
a year ago
I ended up going on a Cargo binge-buy a few months back and The Essentials was one of my first buy-and-tries, and probably my favourite product from the brand. This palette comes with a free brush and an eyeliner pencil. However, I actually hated both, so I tossed them and knocked off a star from my rating. As far as neutral eyeshadow palettes go, The Essentials isn’t the most unique product. It isn’t meant to be. The colour story is simple and pretty, easy to combine multiple classic day to night looks. The only two colours I had issues with were “Urban” and “Plaza”—they are pretty in the pan, but way too similar. Upon application, unfortunately, it becomes apparent there is virtually no pigmentation and neither show up on me. As for the other colours, the apply beautifully and are easy to build up. Application is lovely too—Cargo’s formula is buttery and super easy to blend, with very little fall out. Overall, it’s a really nice palette and perfect for beginners.
3 years agoTaylors, SC
I think this palette is overlooked and underrated. Great color selection. Some warm shadows with some pops of cool toned shadows. Very easy to blend. The mid tone brown and peachy shade in this palette are great transition shades. The shadows are pigmented, not dry or patchy. I do apply the shimmer shades with my fingers, I think that works best if using on lid. You can create multiple looks with this palette. It's a very good one.
3 years agoSikeston, MO
Its not my go to pallet for lighter colors, because the lighter colors tend to work better as highlighters and as the light color for the inner corner of my eyes, however the darker colors (im big with dark browns and blacks) are very matte and with a little bit of makeup setting spray are simply perfect.  I also love that it comes with a brush and a pencil, which is kinda why im going for 4 stars  and not 3.
3 years agoSparks, Nv
I think Cargo is one of those underrated gems that I wish more people would give a shot. This palette has wonderful, basic, everyday colors with a variety of finishes, but they blend amazingly well. I easily wear my makeup on a daily basis 12-14 hours and this lasted all day and still looked nice when I got ready to remove it. Well worth the money and better than a lot of other "basics" palettes out there for more money.
5 months agoLetohatchee , AL
I bought this palette for $3 at my local Ross and I can honestly say I got it’s a steal. I use it for almost all my night looks because the colors are bold and blendable, the shadow goes on smooth and is long lasting. Honestly I’m not much of a neutrals person but these shadows are good quality. Even the brush that comes with it is amazing! I love the guide that the palette comes with because it gives you ideas of how you should mix and match the shades in it. I would highly recommend this palette for someone who loves a good neutral.
a year agoMadison
This is a really nice, and basic eyeshadow palette. It isn’t necessarily unique in it’s color options. That’s okay, however, because of how nice it applies and blends. Most of the colors are pigmented, except “Urban” and “Plaza” which I noticed other people had complaints about. I wasn’t a huge fan of the eyeliner pencil included, nor the brush. It still ranks up there as one of my go-to palettes.
2 years agoMiddleton, WI
Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Eye Shadow Palette uploaded by Michelle P.
This is my go to palette for neutral colors . The shadow glides on nice with with decent color pay off. I like how they set the colors up in quads for those unsure of where to strart with color combinations.
2 years ago
This is an awesome palette! The shades are really pigmented and buttery! The only problem is that there is a lot, a lot, a lot of fall out and that's the only thing keeping this palette from being 5 stars.
9 months ago
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
Great colors in this palette. A little flat but, I got this palette for $5.50. It was recommended by a lady that was shopping for makeup and happened to see me looking for a good palette. Glad I bought it. Even the brush is great!