BY CARESS #8 in Bar Soap

Want to feel irresistible every day? Caress® Daily Silk™ features the delectable fragrances of white peach and silk blossom, and leaves you with irresistibly silky-soft skin.

• Is it very soft and good smelling?1 Answers
  • is this soap any good? I have been wanting to try it out.2 Answers
  • Do you prefer bar soap or body wash?9 Answers
Caress Daily Silk Beauty Bar
  • "Would not recommend this soap for long time use....maybe a few weeks worth of use would be alright. " in 1 review
  • "I prefer this caress bar soap to any body wash in a bottle now." in 1 review
  • "I'm not one to really us bar soaps, but i had ran out of my shower gel and my mother had this soap there so i used it, and well this soap is now my favorite." in 1 review
Lela C.
Kihei, HI

Caress with silk proteins and moisturizers is great soap for the shower or even if you're merely washing your hands. Although I personally consider this product to be soap, officially it's a "moisturizing body bar" variant of soap in that it contains a good amount of moisturizers. Regular soap usually doesn't moisturize; and so Caress tries to set their product apart from soap when they advertise the moisturizing abilities of their product. All claims aside, however, that you will find this item where the rest of the soap is stocked in your grocery store.

The bars of soap are comparatively large but they don't slip out of your hands too easily; the shape of the bar helps you hold onto it. These bars of Caress soap do seem to truly help moisturize my skin when I use them to take a shower or wash my hands. I don't truly understand precisely how "silk proteins" work to moisturize my skin; but in the wintertime when my skin gets rather dry I sure do appreciate being able to use this soap!

The scent is mild but if you are sensitive or allergic to any scent you may want to use an unscented type of Caress soap or a different brand of soap. In addition, if any skin condition is a concern for you, talk with your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.

I really like Caress soap with moisturizers and silk proteins. Caress (especially this type) is slightly more money than some other soaps out there; but it's worth it if you want to pamper your dry skin in the shower or at the bathroom vanity sink.
Mary G.
Opelousas, LA

Caress Bar Soap (Daily Silk) with silk proteins and moisturizers is great soap for the shower. I personally consider this product a "moisturizing body bar" variant of soap in that it contains a good amount of moisturizers. Regular soap usually doesn't moisturize; and so Caress tries to set their product apart from soap when they advertise the moisturizing abilities of their product. Moisturization is important to me because I deal with dry skin issues.
Caress soap helps put moisture back into my dry damaged skin, making it feel soft and renewed.
Caress Soap is mildly scented. Which is great for me because I tend to be sensitive to different scents ,but caress soap doesn't affect my allergies. It leaves you smelling so wonderful.
I really like Caress soap with moisturizers and silk proteins. I love the unique shape of bar. It was designed oval shaped making it easy to hold. Caress was designed with you in mind, great quality for the price. I'm very pleased with this moisturizing soap because it provides what it says it will. Overall I would definitely recommend Caress Soap.

Kamryn G.
Berlin, NH
I'm a little shocked. This left my skin softer than the body wash. It even cleaned my face really well. But what got me was how little lotion I needed after my shower. At night, I use Vaseline--my great-aunt's thing--which works wonders. I only needed a dab on my face and legs. Otherwise--soft!
Now what I also did was lather a bit in my hair. It's so much cheaper than Lush, which I like, but can't afford regularly. Ok so it doesn't lather or feel like shampoo--but the ingredients are less harsh. I tried Dove Therapy shampoo and not only did it feel like I was rubbing lotion on my head, my hair was awful afterward.
Idk if I can use Caress on my hair every day but I love that I don't itch, my curls are nicer, and I don't have that tightness on my scalp. I think I'll definitely keep it for my skin, especially since the weather here isn't good for skin.
Katie B.
Melbourne, FL
I've never been a fan of bar soap and for good reason I believed. It left my skin not only dry but sticky with soap residue, and I never really felt clean after using a bar soap. If it weren't for my usually forgetful self not remembering to bring anything on a trip to visit my mother I wouldn't have used her products during a wash. To my shock I found she only had bar soap. Ugh was my first thought, and after contemplating not even using it I gave in. Boy was I surprised! Not only did it not leave that sticky soap residue on my skin, it even made my skin feel softer and I just felt radiant. I had since bought myself a small supply and use in my daily skin routine. I would suggest to anyone to try this product even if they feel the same way I did about bar soap, this brand will change your thoughts on it.
Sherrie C.
Apache Junction, AZ
I wanted to take the time to write a review about how much I LOVE caress. Period. It's not harsh on my skin like most bar soaps I've used in the past. My mother also swears by the caress bar soaps as well. I'm more of a body wash person but my mother got me hooked on these bar soaps. Once I tried it I asked my mom if I could have a couple bars of hers haha. I love the silky-smoothness it makes my face feel as well and it smells great. I have really oily, acne prone skin too so this is really saying something, coming from me. I'm really skeptical about putting any soaps on my face in fear of breaking out more but caress soap doesn't do that to my skin if I want to wash my face with it. I just love these!
I have used Caress soap for well over 25 years. It smells awesome, it doesn't dry my skin out as bad as other bar soaps do, and every soap I have ever used dries my skin. This is THE ONE soap tht I will not get a Urinary Tract Infection frm. Every other soap I've tried gives me a UTI or yeast infection. I have Fibromyalgia and my body is extremely sensitive, and my skin is too. even if I try a different fragrance line of Caress other than the Daily Silk, it will cause problems. So I have found one soap that my body can handle without complications and that's fine because I love the scent. People think I have a light fragrance on after I shower it smells so good.
Heather N.
Omaha, NE
I've used this off and on because my grandma used it and it was a staple in her household. I liked the soft pink color and slight scent it had, not too strong, perfumy, or heavy at all. I remember when I was yiunger seeing it in my grandma's house thinking, wow my grandma uses fancy soap, look how pretty the box is! I felt special that she let me use it and lathered up nicely, very creamy smooth texture in between my hands. My hands always felt so smooth, clean and fresh whenever I used this soap. Every once in a while I buy this soap again and smile when I lather up my hands. It helps me remember my grandma and it's a great pick me up if I've had a rough day.
maris S.
Las Vegas, NV
Its refreshing and effective in cleaning my skin.
Aside from it is affordable, it has a delectable fragrances of white peach and silk blossom, it moisturizes your skin, Caress Daily Silk will leave you a feeling with the irresistibly silky-soft, scented skin that your body deserves.

It has the delicate floral notes of White Peach and Orange Blossom
It has A special ingredient that soften and elegantly fragranced skin.
Lightly-scented bars rich in moisturizers and vitamin E.
Bars blend rich lather and sophisticated fragrances all in one for beautiful and silky smooth skin.
Transform your daily shower into an everyday treat with Caress.
I love this soap
Amber H.
Tampa, FL
I purchased this at Walmart. It was one of the better name brands that were reasonable priced. I chose the basic smell just to try it out. I didn't want anything fancy, just wanted to see how their basic recipe was. To my surprise it was a pleasant smell and it lathered really nicely with my loofah. It was easy to rinse off however, I didn't like the way it left my skin feeling immediately after I rinsed off. It felt almost as if it dried out my skin. After I dried myself off, I did notice a change in the way my skin felt. The strange feeling went away and left me with soft skin. I think I will try a different, "wilder" fragrance next time.
Patricia R.
Caress Daily Silk Bar Soap is definitely a soap I will be looking forward to using again. First thing I noticed was the pleasing yet suttle smell. The fragrance is not over powering like a lot of other bar soaps I've used in the past. The other thing that made Caress Daily Silk bars stand out ahead of other bar soaps was the light and creamy feel it left on my skin. It didn't dry out my skin but actually seemed to be moisturizing it. Let's not forget that even though gentle feeling on my skin it still cleaned just as good as any soap out there. This soap is able to be used on a daily basis and is affordable for the average household.
Jade S.
Does this bar soap leaving your skin feeling tight and dried out?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Wellness Guru Expert
Do you prefer bar soap or body wash?
Tiffany T.
Indianapolis, IN
Wellness Guru Expert
Does this soap dry your skin out
Sammie M.
Is this bar better than dove?
Amber M.
Crescent City
Is it very moisturizing??