BY CARBINE STUDIOS

• I've heard good and bad things about this game. What is y...5 Answers
Carbine Studios Wildstar
  • "Game looks good and the game play is smooth, but other than that the community started to die down fast leaving the game empty" in 3 reviews
Ash S.
I've played far too many MMOs in my day between WoW, EQ, GW2, BnS, TSW, SW ToR, FF XIV, and now Wildstar? Wildstar is the one that I've had the most enjoyment with. I'll admit that it already was destined to be my fav for the visuals alone as one of my favorite concept artists, Cory Loftis was the influence for the look of Wildstar. The combat is action-based combat where attacks need to be aimed at the enemy, which makes it far more engaging than any old tab-targeting system in any other MMOs. Which in turn makes PvP all the more intense as I can get away with keeping my health in the red while playing bait and slaughtering the enemy team.

Then there's housing. You want to play level designer? Then Wildstar is the game for you as basically all those models you see in the game world? You can play with them, place them, size them however you want on your own personal house plot. I've wasted countless hours happily building away in this game.

The game is currently F2P so no one has anything to lose in giving it a shot.
Amanda G.
Toledo, OH
Graphics-wise this game is amazing. Unfortunately, the game play doesn't stack against the larger MMO's. It's fine to pass the time when content gets old on other games but I couldn't see playing it long term, which is unfortunate because I was really looking forward to it's release. Requires monthly subscription, which a lot of MMO's do, so that wasn't a big deal.
Telia B.
The game play seemed fun but unless you have a pretty new computer it barely runs. On good quality graphics I could barely move, on low quality graphics I couldn't see anything. Weird since I can run WoW on full graphics without a hitch.
Sophia P.
Memphis, TN
I was in the beta for Wildstar and I enjoyed it for a bit. After the initial newness wears off, it's just like any other MMO. I did enjoy the combat in Wildstar compared to other MMOs.
Sam L.
Gorgeous game. Unfortunately unfixed bugs and lack of optimization drug it down. The population has severely declined as a result.
richard p.
Norfolk, VA
Alexis H.
Great MMORPG. Great play mechanics and customization options. Only wish it wasn't a monthly subscription.
Krystan C.
Kearneysville, WV
My cousins liked it. Not their favorite. I didn't get into it. I didn't even play it. Disappointment
Kasi T.
Fort Worth, TX
Alot better than WoW. So glad they finally came out with this. Goodbye WoW. Nice knowing you. NOT
Cassy H.
Henderson
This is a cool game. I played it at Pax west and enjoyed it. The graphics are awesome.
Kari B.
Bradenton, FL
I've heard good and bad things about this game. What is your verdict and is this game more appropriate for children than adults?