Capri-Sun Tropical Punch
By Capri-Sun
Lindsay T.
Apex, NC
Foodie Expert
Is anyone else worried about the mold or "sludge" being found in these?
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Reading, PA
4 years ago
To be honest, it doesn't bother me that these products will get moldly. I think if most of those cases were outdated or expired-if you let them sit around. But yes, fruit WILL get moldy if you don't use it! What scares me more are the products that have a super long shelf life. WHAT in the world is in those products to make them ok to sit on a shelf for that long and NOT go bad? Lots and lots and lots of nasty preservatives. I'd rather give my kids a product that has a short shelf life than fill them with the preservatives just so the drink stays "good" forever. I'll take the inconvenience of the short shelf life.
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.
Sacramento, CA
4 years ago
Yes I am very concerned. I stopped buying these long before the mold was discovered but now, I don't even bother and have had my family stop buying them, and I work in a retail store where we sell these. When ever I see a mother buying them, I try to let her know about the recent reports, I don't want any innocent children getting sick from mold. I don't want to scare them but I feel every mother should know about it and then make their own choice if they want to continue buying them.
Sharon K.
Sharon K.
Wilmington, DE
4 years ago
I didn't know it could have mold in them
Kristen P.
Kristen P.
4 years ago
Yes, I no longer purchase them for this reason. I'd rather not take the chance of getting moldy ones.
Whitney H.
Whitney H.
W Lafayette, IN
4 years ago
I didn't know anything about it until reading it on here. Scary for sure, but I have never had any problems with it at all. We rarely buy them, because of the high sugar, and my boy likes tea more so than anything :) Ill definitely have to do some more research before I buy any more of these :)
Taneesha C.
Taneesha C.
Birmingham , AL
4 years ago
Oh my!!!! This is the first I've heard about this. The thought is very scary that I my kids may have drank mold.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Indianapolis, IN
4 years ago
I think I had bought them twice when I heard about that. I switched to organic Fruitables and I feel much better about giving them to my daughter. There haven't been any issues and they contain a fruit and veggie serving!
Bailey J.
Bailey J.
4 years ago
I didn't know about it, until I read it on here. Scary stuff!
Camille S.
Camille S.
Albany, CA
Yea I do that too lol
Gina L.
Gina L.
Loveland, OH
4 years ago
Yes, that Is one reason why we no longer buy them. The other reason for not buying them is because I found a much better juice to give my children that tastes much better and is much better for them. I like the Apple and Eve Fruitables. They have 1 combined serving of fruits and vegetables in each juice box. My son absolutely loves them, and to be honest so do I. The only down side is that they are a little more expensive than capri-sun juices but well worth it!