Lindsay T.
Lindsay T.
Apex, NC
Foodie Expert
Is anyone else worried about the mold or "sludge" being found in these?
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Reading, PA
3 years, 10 months ago
To be honest, it doesn't bother me that these products will get moldly. I think if most of those cases were outdated or expired-if you let them sit around. But yes, fruit WILL get moldy if you don't use it! What scares me more are the products that have a super long shelf life. WHAT in the world is in those products to make them ok to sit on a shelf for that long and NOT go bad? Lots and lots and lots of nasty preservatives. I'd rather give my kids a product that has a short shelf life than fill them with the preservatives just so the drink stays "good" forever. I'll take the inconvenience of the short shelf life.
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.
Sacramento, CA
3 years, 10 months ago
Yes I am very concerned. I stopped buying these long before the mold was discovered but now, I don't even bother and have had my family stop buying them, and I work in a retail store where we sell these. When ever I see a mother buying them, I try to let her know about the recent reports, I don't want any innocent children getting sick from mold. I don't want to scare them but I feel every mother should know about it and then make their own choice if they want to continue buying them.
Sharon K.
Sharon K.
Wilmington, DE
3 years, 10 months ago
I didn't know it could have mold in them
Kristen P.
Kristen P.
3 years, 10 months ago
Yes, I no longer purchase them for this reason. I'd rather not take the chance of getting moldy ones.
Whitney H.
Whitney H.
W Lafayette, IN
3 years, 10 months ago
I didn't know anything about it until reading it on here. Scary for sure, but I have never had any problems with it at all. We rarely buy them, because of the high sugar, and my boy likes tea more so than anything :) Ill definitely have to do some more research before I buy any more of these :)
Taneesha C.
Taneesha C.
Birmingham , AL
3 years, 10 months ago
Oh my!!!! This is the first I've heard about this. The thought is very scary that I my kids may have drank mold.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Indianapolis, IN
3 years, 10 months ago
I think I had bought them twice when I heard about that. I switched to organic Fruitables and I feel much better about giving them to my daughter. There haven't been any issues and they contain a fruit and veggie serving!
Bailey J.
Bailey J.
3 years, 10 months ago
I didn't know about it, until I read it on here. Scary stuff!
Camille S.
Camille S.
Albany, CA
Yea I do that too lol
Gina L.
Gina L.
Loveland, OH
3 years, 10 months ago
Yes, that Is one reason why we no longer buy them. The other reason for not buying them is because I found a much better juice to give my children that tastes much better and is much better for them. I like the Apple and Eve Fruitables. They have 1 combined serving of fruits and vegetables in each juice box. My son absolutely loves them, and to be honest so do I. The only down side is that they are a little more expensive than capri-sun juices but well worth it!
Izzi S.
Izzi S.
3 years, 10 months ago
I'm more cautious than I am worried.I mainly look out for drinks that allow me to see its' contents.
Morgan B.
Morgan B.
Sanford, NC
3 years, 10 months ago
I def do worry about that I always taste them first to make sure the taste ok
Alexandria L.
Alexandria L.
North Vernon, IN
3 years, 11 months ago
I am freaked out about the mold situation. I wouldn't let my mother-in-law give my daughter a drink of her Capri sun.
Zully A.
Zully A.
Orlando, FL
3 years, 11 months ago
Definitely! I'm so worry that unless I find the clear pouch ones,I don't buy. :(
Katie B.
Katie B.
Oconomowoc, WI
3 years, 11 months ago
Yes - i have not drank them since grade school.
Cheyenne T.
Cheyenne T.
3 years, 11 months ago
Yes I haven't been able to drink a single one since I found out about whatever it is that is inside them.. Gross :/
Betsy D.
Betsy D.
Carencro, LA
3 years, 11 months ago
I haven't had any problems with these. My daughter likes them and I even drink them. I don't think there is a problem and will continue to drink these Capri-Sun Drinks :) I like that they come in many different flavors. Don't get me wrong my daughter drinks plenty of water but sometimes its nice to reward her with a refreshing drink like Capri-Sun.
Debra H.
Debra H.
Avon, IL
3 years, 11 months ago
I have provided these juices for my kids and myself for years!!! I am not worried about these issues and believe that given the reputation of the Capri Sun Company, they have taken the appropriate measures to fix or at least prevent future problems with their consumer. I WILL STILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THIS JUICE DRINK! SO GOOD!
Felicia E.
Felicia E.
West Monroe, LA
3 years, 11 months ago
I am. I have seen to many over the past few years for it to be a coincidence. I have gotten to the point I refuse to buy them or even let my children drink them at friends houses.