BY CAPITOL RECORDS

The Beatles: John Lennon (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, harmonica, Hammond organ, tambourine); George Harrison (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Paul McCartney (vocals, piano, electric bass, claves); Ringo Starr (vocals, drums, bongos, maracas).Additional personnel: George Martin (piano).Recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, England from July to October 1963.Includes liner notes by Tony Barrow. This reissue of WITH THE BEATLES has been digitally re-mastered. It comes packaged with replicated original U.K. album art, an expanded booklet containing original and newly written liner notes, and rare photos. Limited quantities of the CD are embedded with a brief documentary film about the album. Personnel: John Lennon (vocals, guitar); George Harrison (guitar); Paul McCartney (bass guitar); Ringo Starr (drums).Audio Remasterers: Sam Okell; Sean Magee; Steve Rooke; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks. Liner Note Authors: Mike Heatley; Tony Barrow; Kevin Howlett. This is the one that turned the world upside-down. Released as its creators evolved from pop group to phenomenon, WITH THE BEATLES both affirmed promise and proclaimed genius. A slew of memorable Lennon/McCartney compositions embraced pop at its most multi-faceted, robust, melancholic, excited, and wistful. Their grasp of melody and harmony startled, yet for every unusual chord sequence employed, the Beatles' vigor and sense of purpose remained true. Influences and mentors were acknowledged by a handful of cover versions, but the strength of the album lies in the group's own creations. WITH THE BEATLES freed artists to record their own material, and the course of pop was irrevocably changed. see more...

• What is your favorite song?23 Answers
  • Would you rather listen to the Beatles or a baby crying o...6 Answers
  • Who else thinks the Beatles are the most overrated band o...15 Answers
Capitol Records The Beatles ~ With the Beatles [Remastered] (new)
  • "The Beatles is a must have at every household i mean you cant never go wrong with there music is absolutely the best " in 1 review
Adriana T.
Lubbock, TX
With this being one of their early albums, it's easy to look passed it, but with The Beatles there is no going wrong. They changed the way that we listen and appreciate the music around us. This album is just one example.
Jessica A.
Sanford, ME
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
How can you give a Beatles album any less than 5 stars? With The Beatles is really a fun album. A nice mix of covers and original songs. They're take on Roll Over Betthoven is so cool. Lennon and McCartney are the best songwriters of all time and George Harrison is really Underrated as a songwriter.
Stephanie A.
New Albany , OH
I was introduced to the Beatles at a very young age and knew then that there was something special and different about them. They are a one of a kind sound and everyone knows their music whenever the come on
Maria A.
Whittier, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I'm a very chill and happy person and the Beatle make everything of me fly ! I love their songs ! My favorite song from the is Michelle ! I'm a fan of all of them! George , Ringo, John , Paul!
Brigid S.
Aurora, IL
I'm only 21, but I still grew up on the Beatles because my parents exposed me to them and I grew to be the biggest fan of them. They were so insanely talented and made some amazing music that I listen to every day
Claudia F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love the beetles.. they have such a great sound and not to mention such great style. I love the mellow sounds. It's feel good music that works during most occasions. Timeless. Classic.
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I grew up in the country where the Beatles originally came from, they are still as big there as they ever were. This album has literally got something for all music tastes. It is very diverse depending on which member wrote the song
Angela F.
Great album. It includes some of the Beatles covers. I especially like their cover of smokey robinsons you really got a hold on me and please mister postman. Of their own songs, my favorite on this album is it wont be long.
Alex M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
With The Beatles is one of those albums that will put you in an instantaneous happy mood. If it were 1963, I would put this record on at my birthday part, and dance all night to rock 'n roll! Yeah, baby!!! LOVE THE BEATLES!
Emily V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
So legendary! You cannot go wrong listening to the Beatles or buying their music. I'm a huge fan and almost everyone I know agrees that they're so talented. I listen to them all the time!
Maddisen S.
Des Moines , IA
who is your favorite member?
Krystle W.
Wash Boro, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What is your favorite song?
Patricia C.
Anaheim, CA
Where can I purchase this
Meghan L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who else thinks the Beatles are the most overrated band of all time?
Maria L.
Whittier, CA
Does everyone like the Beatles?