Capital One uploaded by April M.

BY CAPITAL ONE #3 in Banks

Capital One offers credit cards, checking and savings accounts, auto loans, rewards, and online banking services for individuals and businesses.

• I keep getting getting acceptance cards are they really wirth it7 Answers
  • Do take money out do they charge ? And how much ,,,???3 Answers
  • Is it your credit card of choice?1 Answers
Capital One
  • "There was one incident where I cancelled an online order from a company but it was still on my card a week later, the customer service rep. made a three way call and we took care of it then and there." in 84 reviews
  • "I also have a couple credit cards from them and they're good, their APR is low and they can be flexible when paying the bills late." in 38 reviews
  • "I love that I can get a free credit score with suggestions on how to improve it and see all of my open lines of credit right from my computer." in 24 reviews
  • "Their rewards, online system and introductory periods are fantastic, but unfortunately, their interest rates are pretty high." in 23 reviews
  • "My interest rates are pretty good for this card, and I have Quicksilver Rewards so I am constantly earning cash back on my purchases." in 21 reviews
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
I got the Venture card specifically because I wanted to build up miles that I could redeem and use to travel, because might as well get that kind of reward from spending purchases. I got my card during a special offer where I had to spend a certain amount of money in the first three months to get x amount of miles (can't remember the exact numbers). I'm fairly positive I reached that said amount of spending, and I was never given the miles they claimed I was supposed to have received. I never argued it because I've heard horrors about customer service, so I just let it go. But this is the most unrewarding "miles" card I could have chosen. It takes so long to rack up miles in terms of what you buy. Even if I used this card exclusively for the rest of my life, I would never have enough miles to go anywhere or redeem a flight or cruise or whatever. I've had this card for over a year and only have 3k miles. You need at least 50k miles to go somewhere, and those 50k miles would be for something like Miami to Orlando. It's ridiculous. I see no benefit in using this card anymore. I've completely given up on trying to rack miles. I'd rather spend my money on another card where I can actually reap benefits fairly quickly with their rewards program than use this card and get nothing from it.
Amy N.
Amy N.
Lyman, SC
I really wanted to like Capital One, for their Venture Card. I went to Italy and got the card for the no foreign transaction fees. Set everything up before I left. When I got there, my card wouldn't work. I tried calling the toll free number, and it wouldn't accept the international call. I had to call collect... which of course they wouldn't accept the charges. I had to pay for the international charge for the call to Capital One for them to fix the issue, and they refused to refund the call, even though it was due to their number being out of service. Eventually it was remedied by them billing the phone company, but that seems unethical to me. I ended up using my Delta Mastercard without any issues for the remainder of the trip.
Cayla G.
Cayla G.
Manassas, VA
Capital One was my first credit card when I turned 18. They were my first auto financiers and I've been with them for ten years now. I love their customer service. There were a few times I was unable to pay my car loan due to a change of employment and those first few months were rocky but I called and explained my situation and they helped me out and I never received late fees or reports to my credit. They have even gone as far as to give me advice regarding a defective car that was past the due date to file for lemon law and told me how to handle the dealership in bargaining for a replacement car. I love Capital One! They will always be the bank I trust most next to Navy Fed, who I've with since I was 16!
Asma A.
Asma A.
Jackson Hts, NY
i have been using my capital one card for quiet some time now. I had no issues with the venture one card that i have from capital one. I had one activity happened and they stopped payment, credited my account and replaced the card with no questions. I love that the travel points do not expire for rewards. and i love that i can use that card for my international travel without any fees! Also you can view your credit score changes. I see the changes month to month.
Amber P.
Amber P.
Creedmoor, NC
We used our Capital One Venture card on our recent trip to Mexico. The main reason we chose it was because they didn't charge international fees on transactions. However, it helped that they offered a concierge perk in case we needed it - and we did! This will be our go-to travel card from here on out. You can even note on your account online that you will be traveling out of country and put what country that is to avoid your transactions being blocked.
Aerial P.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL
Most amazing credit card provider I've personally used. Always protecting my credit by easily providing replacement cards when mine gets lost. Once I had an issue where the goods I ordered were not genuine and the card gave me my credit back on the card and dealt with the provider because I was sold knockoff product by a con website. Introductory interest rates make signing up initially a no brainer. You can even put your own picture as the card design.
Heather N.
Heather N.
Globetrotter Expert
I've used Capital One cards in the past because they tend to offer great introductory promotions. I used one of their 0% for xx months to help pay for my wedding. I've never had any problems with the company and I love the notifications they provide through email or their app. I can easily monitor spending- which is especially useful if there is an authorized user on the account. Capital One is definitely worth checking out!
Audrey C.
Audrey C.
Cincinnati, OH
Globetrotter Expert
I have had a great experience with the Capital One credit card. Th e have a very good reward program and when traveling overseas you do not have to worry about any international fees. They have a very comprehensive app to view purchases and pay your credit card. I have phoned to dispute items and had great service and response. I have called to request a lower interest rate. I also like the Credit Tracker feature.
Miranda L.
Miranda L.
Metairie, LA
Every time I've needed to contact customer service, they have been super helpful. I was accidentally double charged and no longer had the receipt, but they were still able to remove the charge from my account. They were also very understanding when I needed to request a replacement card. As far as being my bank account, they are pretty standard, but the customer service set them apart for me.
Cheryl C.
Cheryl C.
Henderson, NV
I have 3 credit cards from capital one and I really enjoy using them. I've had them forever and never seem to run into any problems with them. All 3 cards are accessible on one website so it's easy to check my balances and make payments. They also have an app that I use constantly that's downloaded on to my phone. The interest isn't to high and a received a few CLI through out the years.
Chantal H.
Chantal H.
Irvington, KY
Do you have a regular capital one card or one with rewards?
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
West Milford, NJ
Do you have a Credit Card or Bank Account with Capital One?
Maria R.
Maria R.
Vaughan, Ontario
Any cons to having a captial one card?
Elena L.
Elena L.
Paramount , CA
How much will they start you with ?
Jeanelle W.
Jeanelle W.
Baltimore, MD
What's the best capital one credit card to apply for when starting up credit??