Capcom Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Nintendo 3ds uploaded by Paola T.Capcom Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Nintendo 3ds uploaded by Alexandra Y.

BY CAPCOM

You walk through the brush and into a clearing. Armed with your wits and a powerful weapon that collects the energy from attacks, you feel confident that you're prepared for anything. Out here in the vast wilderness between towns and villages is where the most danger lies. Just as you begin to investigate the massive footprint on the ground, the trees begin to rustle, scaring the birds away. You feel the ground tremble and shake, and then the trees part and a beast of unbelievable proportions emerges. You take a deep breath, charge your weapon and prepare for battle - this is why you are a Monster Hunter. Become part of a traveling caravan that explores new lands and villages as a hunter in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, the latest installment in the popular Monster Hunter franchise. Craft and acquire hundreds of new items and equipment, including all-new rare and powerful G-rank weapons and armor. Take advantage of more fluid climbing motions and the inclusion of jump attacks from walls or ledges to surprise your enemies. Pay attention to the changing terrain that can be altered in battle. Some monsters can cause even ground to slant into a steep slope that could cause you to slide right out of the zone. Jump on top of monsters to deliver a furious burst of attacks with the new gameplay mechanic. Equip yourself with two new weapon classes - the Insect Glaive and the Charge Blade - in addition to the 12 previous weapon types that have been updated and enhanced. Connect with up to three other players over local wireless or via the Nintendo Network to join forces and take down larger-than-life beasts. Do you have what it takes to become the ultimate Monster Hunter? see more...

Paola T.
My brother is a huge fan of this series of games. I bought this with the Monster Hunter Generation and he is like crazy about it. He keeps playing it all the time.
Megan L.
Cincinnati, OH
Gamer Expert Level 1
Really fun game I would for sure recommend this to anyone it kept me entertained for a really long time and the story line is fun and interesting. Always something to do.
Ruth D.
Springfield, MA
Bought this for my son as all of his friends either owned it or were buying it. First, this game is really for teens and older. It is a little graphic; however, it is an amazing game and lots of fun per my son. The premise of the game is to fight monsters to get materials to craft more powerful armor and weapons which will then be used to fight Boss monsters. You can play with your friends through the internet and work as a team to defeat monsters that you cannot defeat alone. A highly recommended game. Consider buying one for your child and then give another as a gift so the two kids can play together even if they are miles apart.
Michaela W.
The Monster Hunter series is close to my heart, as it is one of the games that really got me into gaming. It's a lot of low stress fun, as it is not an emotionally draining game. That being said, it is an exhilarating game that is challenging, with possibly the best multiplayer community not only for the 3DS, but across the board on any platform. There is free downloadable content, including quests and new Palicos (cats that help you to hunt monsters), at the beginning of every month. 10/10, I play it way too much.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
The Monster Hunter series is one of my favorites! I originally got this game for my boyfriend, who had played Monster Hunter 3 in the past and liked it well enough. When I saw how into MH4 he was, I had to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! It's a very exciting, challenging game without needing to much devotion, so it's not mentally draining. You can also play online with friends, which is a great aspect to the game. Definitely give this game a try, you won't be disappointed.
Ashley H.
Marlette, MI
Gamer Expert Level 3
I've played the other monster hunter games but this is my favorite! There is so much to do, I know I'm slow at games but I've been playing this for over a year now and haven't finished everything in it yet. Multiplayer is my favorite part, I just wish the communication was better. We ended up using Facebook group chat to communicate during missions instead of the in-game feature.
Rachel T.
I waited years for this to come out and it was well worth the wait! It's my second Monster Hunter game I've played and further solidified my love for the series. The introduction of new weapon types (my boyfriend is obsessed with the insect glaive!) and armor sets helps keep the game fresh along with new maps and monsters. My only complaint would be the lackluster social aspect. My favorite part about playing on the Wii U for 3 Ultimate was the ability to talk to your teammates, even just to tell them something important related to the quest. Having premade shoutouts is nice but sometimes you need to say something else and not being able to type while in combat makes that impossible.
Amy O.
I really like this game. Some of the monsters are a holes, but it's really fun lol I wish I could type more in game to other players. It's a bit difficult and takes too long to get a message across. Rotating the camera was a bit challenging at first, but I got used to it. Then I bought a Circle Pad Pro and that made it easier. I always loved the cats in this game. Cute little helpers.
Candice B.
Champlain, NY
Maybe this is a great game, but not for me. This was the first monster hunter I've picked up and tried and it's unlike any other game in the sense that I had no idea what I was doing combat or movement wise even an hour in.
Alexandra Y.
Para mi el mejor monster Hunter de toda la saga, muy completo bastante difícil los últimos rangos g1 g2 y g3, muy buenos gráficos le dedique a este juego cerca de 300 horas y fue excelente