BY CANTU #60 in Conditioner

Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream is an intensive deep penetrating leave in cream conditioning treatment that is made with pure shea butter and other natural oils to stop and mend breakage, repair split ends, and add manageability and shine with every application. When used daily, cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream helps promote strong, long healthy hair. see more...

• Is this product only for ethnic hair types? Can this be used on w...3 Answers
  • I've heard some good things about this. How is it for natural hai...3 Answers
  • Is it a heavy or light cream? 7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Charnita F.
Charnita F.
Dothan, AL
This is a pretty decent leave-in conditioner. I was using it way back when I was relaxing my hair and even now, with my hair being natural. It has worked pretty way to conditioner my hair and leave it soft. It's not a top choice, but if I couldn't find one of my top choices, I'd go with this.

Sadly, it doesn't mix well with many other products (especially oils), so be careful! You'll want to do the hand test first (mix a little of this product and the other product you want to use in your hand and see what happens). There have been many times where I've applied an oil with this and I got all this white flaky stuff in my hair - not good!!

That also goes for mixing with other products during the week once your hair has dried. Say you put this on your hair after washing and you use gel during the week, be careful because you'll likely get a lot of build-up and it happens pretty quickly! You'll have white flakes all through your hair. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Also, you get a huge jar that lasts a long time. It lasts me months considering I only wash my hair 2 - 3 times a month.
luhnyjuh S.
luhnyjuh S.
This is the perfect leave in conditioner for natural hair, it repairs damage from breakage, split ends, and heat. This product also tames frizz and keeps the hair moisturized. You can use it daily it's a leave in. Best results applying when hair is wet/damp. (My experience with this product) I used to have relaxed hair and used this product on my ends, it did the job well and kept my hair very moisturized. Now I am fully natural so I wash and condition my curly kinky hair and then use this product as my leave in. I proceed with detangling and styling my hair as usual. The out come is always great. Leaves a great deal of moisture, smells good, and is very soft. I would recommend to anyone natural or relaxed. Tames frizz and controls the dryness of natural coarse hair.
Sharray L.
Sharray L.
Tracy, CA
LOVE!!! I can't get enough of this amazing smelling stuff! I have thick Multi-Racial hair and for the last 5 years I have been working on a routine to better care for my curls! I don't use Mousse or Gel to keep my curls in place but when I am going out or want to define my curls more i will apply some of the leave in conditioner and the results are amazing shiny curls! It smells great and goes on well! I love this stuff!
Rosemaria S.
Rosemaria S.
This product is comes with an awesome amount of product, especially for the price ($5.99 -Walmart). A little bit of this thick cream goes a very long way so you don't have to keep going to buy more. The smell is amazing, it smells very sweet and I love the ingredients. It leaves my hair feeling soft, moisturized, and my curls are very defined afterwards. Definitely an awesome product and I would recommend this to anyone!
Mel R.
Mel R.
Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioning cream has become one of my staples in my moisturizing regimen, it works well for my 4C hair. My hair is always left moisturized and soft, it smells great as with all the other Cantu products I've used so far. One thing though, a little goes a long way because it can build up on your hair if you are heavy handed.I would recommend it to any naturalista out there.
Donna B.
Donna B.
Warren, OH
I used to use this leave in when I first went natural. While it is moisturizing, I found that it caused major buildup on my 3c/4a fine hair. I think that if you have a more dense, coarser texture it would work well. Many naturals swear by it, but it just wasn't a match for me. One big plus is the price point! It is relatively inexpensive, so I think it's definitely worth a try!
Olivia K.
Olivia K.
Las Vegas, NV
I use this on a daily basis! Living in Nevada the dryness really affects my hair so this is my go to leave in moisturizer/conditioner! Always leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I will always have it in my hair collection. It's the first thing that goes into my hair when I get out of the shower and it lasts a long time too. Definitely recommend it.
Kristine L.
Kristine L.
I use this product for braids, twist outs, wash and goes, natural buns, brushing out an old "do" and all the works. Wet or dry, it's perfect for any styling and can be used as often as you please. In addition to, the container itself is worth saving. I have a DIY whipped Shea butter mixture saved in one of my old bottles ūüėČ
Breana L.
Breana L.
Lincoln Park, MI
I this is a staple piece in my hair care routine, I use it almost everyday.
With most things there are pros and cons.
Pros; moisturizing, smells amazing, you don't have to use a lot, the price is great.
Cons; if used with a gell after, you will get flakes, this is best used with an oil to seal in , and lock the style/curls
Krystal L.
Krystal L.
Bronx, NY
As much as I would love to give this product a 5 star rating I can't. The smell alone is addicting and refreshing. For my 3c hair I have to say it is kind of heavy. I use this product usually after a good wash. If my hair is dry and I need a quick fix, it does not do too good, I recommend to use on wet clean hair.
Alexis D.
Alexis D.
Is it a heavy or light cream?
Desirée T.
Desirée T.
What is the difference between this one and the Argan Leave-in cream? is it any better for curly hair?
Melissa P.
Melissa P.
I have been looking for a new leave in conditioner and wanted to know if this product is good for curly hair?
Esther A.
Esther A.
Is it water based , does it make your hair feel wet/damp?
Gensda O.
Gensda O.
Palm Bay, FL
I've heard some good things about this. How is it for natural hair? Does it really smell good?