BY CANTU

Find Shampoos, Conditioners, and Hair Treatments at Target.com! Cantu Root Rinse is made with apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil and shea butter - a deeply cleansing yet nourishing cocktail that replaces your shampoo when you need a deeper scalp detox and extra conditioned strands. Rinse away the old and bring on the new revealing stronger, healthier hair with a natural shine. No mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, gluten, paraffin or propylene. Soothes itching and irritation Refreshes scalp without washing or water Great for weaves, braids, locs and extensions Gender: Unisex. see more...

Cantu Cleanse Root Rinse - 12 oz

Start your review of Cantu Cleanse Root Rinse - 12 oz!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Courtney L.
Pittsburgh, PA
I bought this online hoping it would be a cheaper option to the DPHue ACV rinse (please keep in mind, I've never tried the DPHue rinse, just the scalp scrub). When I read the bottle I was worried this would not work for my fine, thin blonde hair. I've been trying to train it to be less greasy and washing it only twice per week. I tried this on my 4 day hair and I love it! It doesn't give volume and weighs my hair down a little, but not a harsh clean at all. No suds for me, but felt clean and soft after. I didn't think it would get rid of the grease, but it did! Did not "repeat", only used once. Got rid of the dry scalp and the flaking leftover dry shampoo. Will buy again!!!
Dianna N.
Phoenix, AZ
THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! My husband had a lot of dandruff that was making his hair itchy so I looked for any product that had apple cider vinegar, this did (along with a lot of other ingredients). He tied it and after one use he had no more dandruff and had a moisturized scalp.
So of course I had to try this product out on my hair too... I have really curly hair so I will go days/weeks piling on product before I wash my hair. I used this rinse just on my roots so that I wouldn’t wash off all of the product but still get a good rinse. It worked amazing! It got rid of the build up I could feel on my scalp. I use this now instead of shampoo sometimes or I use it before I use shampoo because not all shampoo breaks down the product at my roots
Christine B.
Middle of nowhere, GA
I cannot praise this enough!! Best way to describe this product~ it feels like a spa up in your scalp!!! Sadly I have recently came to the conclusion that I have developed an allergy to mint/menthol and cannot use this anymore! I was in denial at first and couldn’t come to terms with never using it again! I even googled if menthol was the same as mint knowing it was in hopes I could rationalize myself using it! I even weighed out the pros and cons because I didn’t want to give this guy up!
It is refreshing and crispy and detoxes the scalp nicely. I will miss this product for sure. I have been searching for a similar product minus mint/menthol to no avail as of yet.
Courtney H.
Let me start by saying that I have been natural for 2 years. I picked this product up from my local beauty supply store. Before trying the product I had wore a Wash n' Go for a week so I had a lot of build up. It used at least half of the bottle with one application. When you put this product onto your scalp be prepared for a tingling minty sensation. I really liked that. It does do what it claims to do which is cleanses and conditions, nourish the roots, and moisturize dry brittle hair. The reason I gave this product 4 stars is that I can't get over the smell. It smells like a very strong cough syrup. If you can deal with products that have a pungent smell then I would recommend this product.
Tylisa C.
I love this product its a great clarifiying product especially when you have a low maintenance style and can not really wash your hair the way you want to with a shampoo . This stuff will hold you over until you are able to wash your hair. Just do it about once a week or once every two weeks depending on what you put in your hair during the week.
Jennifer M.
Pico Rivera, CA
Love this root rinse. I use it once a week to remove any product buildup only curly hair. It gives me a cooking and tingly sensation in my scalp which feels so good. Just have to be careful that it doesn't fall in your eyes because it stings. But it cleans my scalp and I'm able to restart my curls all over again.
April D.
Columbus, GA
I love this stuff! I'm using it as my shampoo now. If you're into natural hair care, you know ADV has great benefits. This product gently cleanses the scalp, gives that tingling feel, lawyers lightly and resets your curls. It is moisture stripping, but that's what it's meant for ... detoxing your hair. So follow with a good conditioner. No vinegar smell either. I'm interested in trying other products in this line.
Nesha H.
Arlington, TX
Since I’ve seen it I have been wanting to try . I do not regret one this this help cleanse my scalp as well and keep my hair clean and moisturized it’s fairly affordable and I would recommend to anyone with dreads or braids or anything like that.
Vanessa D.
Tallahassee , FL
It completely dried my scalp. I couldn’t fit the life of me figure out why my scalp was so dry til i decided to see what was in it. I looked at the ingredients and the second ingredient is alcohol. I didn’t even finish the bottle. I tossed it
Zulairam R.
San Diego
I LOVE this ACV rinse. I use it to relieve an itchy scalp and when I need a deep clarifier for my scalp after having product in my curls for so long. It has a peppermint after feel that leaves my scalp refreshed and tingly.
Khalifah A.
Does this have the usually pungent smell acv gives off? Or is it more bearable?
Liz M.
Arizona
How do you use it? Is it like a shampoo? I use a lot of oil before shampooing so will this take out all the oil ?

Amazon