BY CANON #25 in Digital Cameras

Imagine getting right down on the field to capture sports action, zeroing in on your child's expression on a crowded stage, and recording elusive wildlife shots. All this and more is possible with the powershot sx50 hs offering the world's first 50x optical zoom lens in a compact digital camera, which goes all the way from a wide-angle 24mm to 1200mm (35mm equivalent) to capture any shot you choose. The powershot sx50 hs doesn't just get you up close to the action, it delivers spectacular image quality to every shot. The canon hs system, a combination of a 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity cmos sensor and the digic 5 image... see more...

• Is this camera worth the expensive price tag? How does it compare...1 Answers
  • What canon camera is by far your favorite? 1 Answers
  • Does anyone know the similarities between this and the nikon cool...2 Answers
Canon PowerShot SX-50 12.1MP Digital Camera with 50x Optical Zoom -
  • "I believe this is what my aunt has and it takes great pics and its easy to navigate" in 1 review
Vanessa A.
This camera is good for the people it was made for: People who simply want better quality than a simple point and shoot, but also stellar zooming capabilities. It's also got a very decent video mode. I used this for filming my performances and for taking (super clear) macro shots of items for my blog and my closet sale, and for those simple purposes, it's great. But as a photography enthusiast who wanted to take her game to the next level, I recently moved on and upgraded to a DSLR-quality camera (the mirrorless Sony Nex-6) and a couple of lenses.

I will say, though, that this powershot takes even better macro shots, without any fuss, than the ones I try to get on my NEX kit lens. And the zoom is very clear, perfect for my parents when they want to get faraway shots during graduation. So I'll be keeping this in my arsenal for now!
Carrie F.
Prospect Hill, NC
Techie Expert Level 3
This is a good camera but not a great camera. If you want good quality and zoom and all the other great things don't get this one. The batteries run out in no time! I have used so many different brands of batteries and still I have to keep a bunch of extras!
Rosalinda V.
This is my first camera and I love it! It takes great pictures! I mostly just take them of my sun but it's real nice! I took pictures of us at the pumpkin patch or just anywhere! The zoom is real nice too!!
tiffany l.
It's not a camera techies would like. It's what you would call, "you get what you pay for." The quality is decent but not up too par. When you compare it, it's just not enough. Youtuber's would understand this issue.
Emily B.
Fayetteville, AR
I really do like this camera. I purchased it when it was on sale and I just started my YouTube channel. It caught my eye because of the flip out view finder feature. Loved it every since
Marlene C.
I love my Cannon camera. It takes awesome pictures. It is very easy to use and not too bulky to take with you where ever you go. I definitely would recommend this camera.
tiffany c.
Three Bridges, NJ
I love this camera. It's easy to use and takes beautiful photos. The zoom is incredible. Perfect camera for someone who wants a quality picture without the DSLR price tag.
michele v.
I recently purchased this camera for my channel and I must say that I really like this camera, got amazing pictures of my boyfriends graduation and our sons baby shower :)
Meli R.
I used this camera in my photo shop class and it is reliable, great for students. Easy to navigate the menu, pretty straight forward and beautiful quality.
Jade A.
Davison, MI
Decent, but I've had better. you get what you pay for here. if you're looking for something a little more professional/ better quality - this is not it
Tina C.
cookeville, TN
Does anyone know the similarities between this and the nikon coolpix? I am thinking it is probably a better camera than the nikon right?
Malia P.
Aiea, HI
What canon camera is by far your favorite?
Erika J.
Palmyra, PA
Is this camera worth the expensive price tag? How does it compare to some of the more models that are lower in price?