BY CANON #13 in Digital Cameras

Canon PowerShot SD 1400 IS
  • "I use this while hiking and love it, it takes great pictures and has a ton of features." in 8 reviews
  • "Got this little camera for christmas and it is perfect for taking on vacation." in 6 reviews
  • "It suits me and my personality, it's really cute and takes good pictures." in 4 reviews
Miranda V.
Techie Expert Level 4
The color of this camera is so cute! And it’s reasonably priced which is nice. I got mine on sale during Black Friday at target and I’m so glad I did. It stays charged super long and always takes good pics
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I do not have this version, I have a 7-year+ version, but that's how well it works. I tried to get an updated camera from another brand, a more professional looking camera, yet my older one (SD 790 IS) still had better quality, faster shutter speed, better photo options. I now know, if I ever try to replace it, I'll just get a newer version. Although I don't see the point just yet.
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Techie Expert Level 2
I love pink so this immediately got my attention when I was shopping around. The picture quality is great and there are a lot of features within the camera. No complaints at all. Probably the best point and shoot camera I've had thus far. Portable and perfect for traveling.
Katheryn A.
El Paso, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
This is such a great camera with a nice sleek look. It may be a small device but its amazing, crisp looking photos that capture color excellently. This is amazing for people barely getting into photography. It's extremely easy to use and has many features.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I bought this camera before a trip. It was kind of an impulse purchase. I needed a camera but didn't want anything really bulky to have to carry around. I have 2 other cameras that I bring on trips but they are bigger, professional ones. I figured Canon has always had a good name so I'd try it out.

It's am amazing camera. It takes great pictures. Most people thought they were post cards because the quality was so sharp. It's small and compact so I usually could put it in my pocket if I didn't want to carry it around.

There are also some cool features like color swap and color accent. I also had fun with the miniature effect and fisheye lense.

If you are just getting into photography or you are needing a small backup, this is the camera for you!
Kimberly J.
This camera is great! It's the perfect size to fit in your pocket, purse, or a small bag. It's light and take good quality photos. Plus there's lots of filters, and functions to help you get the right shot.

I always have a camera on hand with me. So I like that the powershot is small, and light weight. It's great for those moments with you don't have your Canon Rebel on hand. The color is bright, so if pink isn't your color they have a different ones to choose from. I do recommend this camera.
MEL W.
Pittsburgh, PA
If you are looking to be a professional artist of nature and action photography, then this camera is not for you; however, if you are going to Disney World or Europe and want to capture some great memories in a convenient fashion, check out this camera! I have owned two or three different Canon digital cameras in my day (not because they died out or anything, but because I'd keep getting new ones and giving my old ones away to family). I am now a professional photographer and can honestly say that I learned from having these small, compact cameras at my convenience to capture those moments when I was first getting started out.
Fidal W.
Charlotte, NC
I love my Canon. I think it is great! I just think it depends on what you are looking for. The quality of my pictures are really good. I have used my digital camera for multiple things. I have taken it to many places including: Los Angeles, Australia, concerts, sport events, graduation ceremonies, and it has not failed me yet. I use it for very standard, simple pictures as in photos with friends, sightseeing, etc. If you are looking to grasp minuscule detail from far away, this is probably not the camera for you.
Sarah S.
LOVELAND, OH
I have this exact camera in the pink and I really like it. It takes great pictures and I love the zoom capability. I bought this camera about 3-4 years ago and it still works. I haven't had any issues with it during that time either even though I've dropped it a few times. It is definitely durable. There are lots of new camera options out there, but I still think this is a great affordable option for anyone that wants a camera they can travel with easily.
Annie W.
Anaheim, CA
I have had 3 Cannon ELPH cameras over the past 10 years! They provide amazing photo quality and are very easy to use. In addition to the quality of the photos the camera itself is cute, stylish, and compact! My mom also has the camera in teal. I normally just stick to my phone camera these days, but if I'm going to a special event I make sure to bring my camera along! I definitely recommend it!
Theresa A.
Waterford, MI
How is the quality of the pictures?
jessica B.
I very recently bought the Canon POWERSHOT Elph 340hs, and I am not very happy with it. I am using it to film videos on my youtube channel. My camera has Wifi... Does this one? How is it at filming videos for youtube? Is it HD?
salvatore b.
North Bergen, NJ
Have you found any other camera that compares in size and quality?
Vanessa A.
Riverside, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
Does the cannon cameras have a rechargeable battery or do they use standard batteries? I am looking for a camera that I can use for posting photos of product so I don't have to rely on my cell phone so much.
Denice R.
Does this also do good quality video shots??