BY CANON #1 in Camera Lenses

This is the lightest EF lens of all at a mere 4.6 oz. . Compact and high-performance, standard lens. Its Gaussian optics provide sharp delineation from near to far focusing distances. The color balance is excellent for a standard lens. see more...

• I have a Canon and was wondering. Is this lens a good len...14 Answers
  • Does the lens have a metal mount or is it all plastic?5 Answers
  • What kind of pictures is this lens best for using?12 Answers
Michael S.
Winter Garden, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
For the price point and the quality of this nifty 50, you can't go wrong with it! While there is a difference in quality of the bokeh, and overall picture quality of this lens compared to the 50mm L lens. For the price, this is absolutely a lens that should be in every photographers bag. It's great in low light settings as well as daytime shots.
Samantha S.
Antioch, CA
This is an affordable lens. I love this lens because of the bokeh. This lens is reliable. It met my expectations. The part I don’t like about this lens is that I have to go really far away to take a good shot of a picture like for an outfit of the day picture. I bought this lens on amazon.
Audrey B.
My all-time favorite lens, hands down. Very versatile, and can be used in almost any situation! Not being able to zoom obviously has its downsides, but if you are good with a camera you can make it work! The 1.8 f-stop is one of the best parts, you can make the coolest shots! I would 100% recommend this to anyone with a camera, and would advise any new photographers to invest in this lens asap!
Sade J.
Alcolu
This is the cheapest lens I’ll brought with my canon rebel and it hadn’t disappointed me so far. It makes my pictures come out with good quality and has really good focusing on the subject. I’ll really recommend this lens for people who are beginner photographers or people who like taking portraits.
لميسة  .
queens
This camera is one of my go to products because as a blogger I have to take lots of pictures and they have to be good quality. This camera offers really good quality pictures plus it’s very versatile. The 1.8 F-stop helps me get cool shot but the only thing I dislike about this is you can’t zoom in.
Makayla D.
Riverton
This is one of my favorite lenses for taking portraits adds a really nice drop off, super easy to use. I purchased this off of amazon. This lens has gone way beyond my expectations only thing i some times come into trouble is when I’m in a tight space and have very little zoom.
Kelsie D.
Grand Rapids , MI
This is a great lens to start off with instead of a kit lens. It's lightweight, but delivers great images. The construction is a bit cheap, but it does the job.  The price is great around $120ish. The low aperture is ideal for low light situations.
Yoshika G.
Katy, TX
Techie Expert Level 1
My favorite affordable lens by far. Has a low f stop of 1.8 which allows more light to come in through the lens for darker scenes so it can also look less grainy and more clearer in a sense. Zoom lens is good to really chose an exact frame
Robby H.
Olathe
Low f-stop of 1.8 makes this lens a great lens for night photography. It’s so cool, I could get a picture of the Milky Way with it. I personally use it for night photography but it’s also great for portraits. Definitely would recommend!
Holly L.
Eatontown, NJ
This was the first lens I purchased to use other than my kit lens. It's a no brainer at $100 and the quality it produces. The aperture is perfect for portraits, and more often than not, this is what is on my camera body (EOS SL1). Photos included are from a recent newborn shoot.
Kandra H.
I have a Canon and was wondering. Is this lens a good lens or is it one that don't make much of a difference with pictures?
Valerie P.
West Orange, NJ
What kind of pictures is this lens best for using?
Beatriz S.
Do you recommend this lens?
Alice K.
Seattle, WA
Does the lens have a metal mount or is it all plastic?
Julia E.
Madrid
Would you recommend this?