BY CANON #1 in Camera Lenses

This is the lightest EF lens of all at a mere 4.6 oz. . Compact and high-performance, standard lens. Its Gaussian optics provide sharp delineation from near to far focusing distances. The color balance is excellent for a standard lens. see more...

• I have a Canon and was wondering. Is this lens a good lens or is ...14 Answers
  • Does the lens have a metal mount or is it all plastic?5 Answers
  • What kind of pictures is this lens best for using?12 Answers
لميسة  .
This camera is one of my go to products because as a blogger I have to take lots of pictures and they have to be good quality. This camera offers really good quality pictures plus it’s very versatile. The 1.8 F-stop helps me get cool shot but the only thing I dislike about this is you can’t zoom in.
Audrey B.
My all-time favorite lens, hands down. Very versatile, and can be used in almost any situation! Not being able to zoom obviously has its downsides, but if you are good with a camera you can make it work! The 1.8 f-stop is one of the best parts, you can make the coolest shots! I would 100% recommend this to anyone with a camera, and would advise any new photographers to invest in this lens asap!
Sade J.
This is the cheapest lens I’ll brought with my canon rebel and it hadn’t disappointed me so far. It makes my pictures come out with good quality and has really good focusing on the subject. I’ll really recommend this lens for people who are beginner photographers or people who like taking portraits.
Kelsie D.
Grand Rapids, MI
This is a great lens to start off with instead of a kit lens. It's lightweight, but delivers great images. The construction is a bit cheap, but it does the job.  The price is great around $120ish. The low aperture is ideal for low light situations.
Whitney B.
Nifty fifty is my love! I love this lens. I purchased my lens from Amazon. The coolest feature is the bocah affect. This lens is very reliable and lightweight it's a standard lens so there's no zoom in and out. Not good for vlogging
Yoshika G.
Techie Expert Level 1
My favorite affordable lens by far. Has a low f stop of 1.8 which allows more light to come in through the lens for darker scenes so it can also look less grainy and more clearer in a sense. Zoom lens is good to really chose an exact frame
Prototype D.
This Len does wonders, with an open FStop you can capture intense subject shoots. With this Lens the weight of it is not massive so it is the best lens to use with any stabilizer or gimbal.
Holly L.
Eatontown, NJ
This was the first lens I purchased to use other than my kit lens. It's a no brainer at $100 and the quality it produces. The aperture is perfect for portraits, and more often than not, this is what is on my camera body (EOS SL1). Photos included are from a recent newborn shoot.
Rachel C.
Knoxville TN
Techie Expert Level 1
I've had my 50mm for a couple years now and I find myself using it most for portraits. It's the most cost efficient lens for the outcome. The bookeh is phenomenal for such a cheap lens. Would definitely recommend this to any photographer looking to get into taking portraits more regularly.
Sandra R.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 1
I read over and over online how this was a must have for your DSLR so I gave in and got it.  I have no regrets whatsoever, it's my favorite lens! I bought it from Amazon and it was so inexpensive.  I love how much light comes through (I use it for low light situations) and my portraits look beautiful too.  If you're into bokeh, this is a must for your DSLR.
Kandra H.
I have a Canon and was wondering. Is this lens a good lens or is it one that don't make much of a difference with pictures?
Valerie P.
West Orange, NJ
What kind of pictures is this lens best for using?
Beatriz S.
Do you recommend this lens?
Alice K.
Seattle, WA
Does the lens have a metal mount or is it all plastic?
Julia E.
Would you recommend this?