BY CANON #5 in SLRs

Kit Includes 2 Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties: 1) Canon EOS Rebel T5i Digital SLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens 2) Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Zoom Lens Canon EOS Rebel T5i Digital SLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens Renew your creative soul. The incredible image quality and performance of the Canon EOS Rebel T5i starts with an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and Canons superb DIGIC 5 Image Processor. Combined with an extensive ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600 in H mode), the EOS Rebel T5i boasts crisp, detailed images, even in low-light situations. A continuous shooting speed of up to 5.0 fps allows for fast action capture. 9 cross-type AF focus points help ensure crisp focus throughout the frame, and the Hybrid CMOS AF system enables speedy and accurate autofocus when shooting in Live View mode. In addition, the camera is compatible with Canon STM lenses for smooth, quiet AF performance. And the performance doesnt stop with photos. EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF makes shooting high quality movies easy, and the brilliant Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II makes composing fun. Seven Creative Filters, now viewable in real time, puts composition control directly in your hands. Included is the Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens which features one high-precision aspheric lens to reduce chromatic aberration and a 7-blade circular aperture to ensure beautiful, soft backgrounds. The Optical Image Stabilizer system offers the equivalent of four stops of compensation. This lens perfectly complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six-group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting. Key Features: 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor The EOS Rebel T5i features Canons amazing 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxi see more...

• Does this have good quality for taking pics and videos? Is there ...5 Answers
  • What is the difference between t5 and t5i?2 Answers
  • For the youtube'rs out there.... Does this camera auto focus du...2 Answers
Canon EOS Rebel T5i Digital SLR Camera & EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens with Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Zoom Lens
Kara E.
La Mirada , CA
Techie Expert Level 2
I decided that this year would be the year that I learn photography and stop point and shooting. I went round and round with which camera to buy. I researched, altered my budget, researched some more. I made the mistake of not taking any online classes before buying my camera. Look up some Youtube videos on equipment and how to choose the best one for you. There are no regrets with this purchase, but I may have changed my strategy a bit if I knew then what I know now.
I bought this camera over Nikon based on the "live view mode" and because most reviews stated that the Canon would be better for those trying to learn the various modes. I can say this this is indeed true, and this camera takes GREAT pictures. I am completely happy. I also bought it for the video capability, although the 70D was rated a little higher for video, it was out of my budget.

Some advice for fellow first time DSLR buyers:
1. Spend the extra money for the 18-135 STM. This was an instant regret that continues to haunt me. This lens is phenomenal, and takes GREAT pics, but the added flexibility would be worth the extra money. 55mm is great for close up portraits, this is a great wide angle lens, but 55mm is short and I find that I have to change lenses more often than I would like.
2. Budget for lenses, not the camera body. Camera bodies change like cell phones, every few years there is an opportunity to upgrade. Nice lenses will outlive multiple bodies. The more classes I take, the more I wish I had budgeted for lenses, and every class, video, review will echo this.
3. If you can find a package deal that includes the 55-250 STM lens, it will save you $200...do it!!
4. Buy a book besides the manual, it really helped me to understand how the camera really works. Also there is a great set of videos from "The great courses". It is taught by a National Geographic photographer and at $80 has been really eye opening as far as taking great pictures.

This T5i is a great camera for beginners and enthusiasts. There is not much difference in this camera and the T4i. I think touch screen is the biggest upgrade, the touchscreen is awesome, by the way. The controls are easy to learn and use. I have not tested it, but this camera may not tolerate wet weather like the 70D will. Live view works well. I have not used the video too much, it worked well with 18-55STM, but when I tried it with an older 70-300 kit lens it was very noisy and never focused right. This was the lens not the camera, hence my suggestion #3 above. These kit Canon lenses have changed the game, and they take great images. You will not be disappointed, but you may want to upgrade to more expensive lenses if you are doing more than chasing the kids around. A few review web sites even say that the images from these lenses rival more expensive ones.

Whether you are delving into the world of exposure and trying to take wonderful images, or this is to document vacations and family moments, you will love this camera.
Pros:
1. Easy to use out of the box on "green" setting.
2. Easy to learn exposure on in "live view" mode
3. Screen is big, bright and customizable
4. Light enough everyday family use
5. Video capable, Multiple frame rates.
6. Touch screen works like my iPhone
7. New Canon kit lenses take very sharp pictures compared to older kit lenses.

Cons
None really.
grace k.
this is definitely a great, user-friendly camera especially for beginners. however, as i got more experienced with photography i started to realize several performance issues such as photo quality. despite that, i found it super easy to use and the led touch screen is very convenient. definitely recommend for beginners who don't want to spend a fortune on a camera.
KENDALLYN J.
Eagle Creek, OR
This may not be the latest Canon Camera, but it is absolutely wonderful and helps me take stunning pictures for my blog called Shop with Kendallyn! It's super easy to use, even for someone who isn't tech-savvy! Love it!
Niki W.
Denver, CO
I absolutely love this camera it is quite a pricey camera but it is well worth it I love the fact that I can record my YouTube videos for my channel and do awesome shots for beauty products and of makeup the camera is very beginner friendly and it also picks up every single detail in your face when you are recording and doing Beauty videos I would highly recommend this camera for anybody who would love to do any type of YouTube video or Home Videos are some type of photography
Sandra R.
['Las Vegas', ''], NV
Techie Expert Level 1
This camera can be used for photography and videos. I've mainly used mine for photography. There are several photography settings to choose from if you're newer. I recommend learning the manual settings. It gets easier to figure out the ISO, Aperture and shutter speed. If you love those beautiful bokeh type photos (with the blurry background) you need one of these ). It is an expensive camera compared to point and shoot cameras) but the quality is much different. The kit lens isn't that great in low light settings, but otherwise works well. There's a continuous photo taking setting and a timer. Many features that make this camera worth buying.
Rolando O.
Techie Expert Level 1
I was pleased with this camera! I used it to help record an episode with my uncle for his TV show, which is the number 1 TV show in San Antonio, The Light Show. My expectations were exceeded and I relied heavily on it to get amazing quality. Also it had great functionality and easy to use interface. For photography it was a great option and had easy to use settings such as controlling my iso or shutter speed. I highly recommend this camera to people who want to start photography or videography such as vlogs for YouTube or photography with a high quality lens and control of the settings.
Marlene R.
Boyds, MD
I absolutely love this camera as a beginner camera. I recently started my YouTube channel PomPomBeauty and I still have a lot to learn and I think this camera is pretty simple to understand. It has a flip around screen and also the lens it comes with is good. It's pretty basic but a good startup lens. It was around $650 at bestbuy not including tax and extra warranty.
Alize B.
i absolutely love this camera ! i did purchase this with my own money and the quality is well worth the price ! i use the camera for photography, making short films, as well as YouTube videos ! i cant say anything bad about this camera ! even my school's camera class uses this model of Canon for our video projects !
* If you would like to see some footage taken with this camera AND lens you can check out my youtube channel all you videos uploaded were taken with these exact products !*
Crystajlove
Dallas , TX
Techie Expert Level 1
I'm a beauty YouTube guru so this camera is a great essential to my everyday use to film ,take pictures. I love this camera. Although I've been a guru since 2009 I've grown from several different cameras. But this one I love the most I plan on in the future upgrading to the canon 70D. Check me out on YouTube and most social media platforms @BlkBarbieMkeUp
Veronica K.
Woodland, CA
One of the best cameras out there for me. I use this to make youtube videos with & it has great quality. It has super great quality for photos as well. A bit pricy but it's worth it! They're usually around $700-$800 but I got it for $600 when they were having a sale at target.
Elisha B.
Chillicothe, OH
Techie Expert Level 1
Is this worth almost a grand?
Shanice O.
Doral , FL
I herd it's a bit technical to use for a beginner. Is this true?
Paola S.
Columbus, OH
Does this camera record videos?
Taylor H.
Does this have good quality for taking pics and videos? Is there a better and cheaper camera basically like this?
Chelsea H.
Bellevue, WA
This looks like a good starting camera, but the photos people posted, while beautiful don't look much better than photos from a phone. I love photography and want to begin my journey taking professional looking pictures, but is this camera worth the price? Will my pictures with this camera look better than the pictures on my phone?