BY CANON #5 in SLRs

• I'm really interested in getting a DSLR camera. I intend ...1 Answers
  • What is the leaning curve on this? Easy for beginners?7 Answers
  • I need to have this!!! Any thoughts in this one?3 Answers
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
  • "I have always been a Canon fan from my original 35mm to my first DSLR and now my newest is the Canon T2i." in 12 reviews
  • "I think it is a great camera if you want to get into photography without spending too much money." in 11 reviews
  • "I have been using this entry-level DSLR since it came out a few years ago." in 8 reviews
  • "I switched from a Kodak camera, to this Canon as my first dSLR camera and the transition was very easy." in 6 reviews
  • "This DSLR is fantastic for a starter camera for someone who wants to learn more about shooting manual, etc." in 6 reviews
allen g.
Greensboro, NC
I have always been a Canon fan from my original 35mm to my first DSLR and now my newest is the Canon T2i. The quality is great and is a very affordable camera too with many lens options from both Canon and third party manufactures.

The camera also shoots full HD video however a minor issue with the T2i is that if you shoot video for long amounts of time it tends to overheat and then shut down. This has since been fixed in newer versions of the camera starting with the T3i but if you are just shooting short clips you will be fine. If you plan on shooting longer segments, shows, movies -- I would go with something a bit newer.
Amanda L.
This is my first DSLR and I got it a few years ago. I honestly have no complaints. I think it's an amazing first DSLR camera to own. It's not too expensive (has got to be much cheaper now too) and you get good quality and what I think is an easy-to-use camera. I've been a Canon person and owned a point and shoot before this so the controls and buttons were easy to use for me. Battery life is good and I've been using a replacement (non-Canon) brand battery from Amazon that also works fine with it. It's on the lighter end weight-wise so it's not as much hassle to carry around as the nicer, more expensive cameras are.
Vi P.
I've had this camera for about 5 years now and it's still working as good as ever. For a dslr, it pretty small for its size and can easily fit into my smaller backpacks/bags that I take with me when I'm traveling. The photo and video quality is amazing. This is my first dslr and it was very easy to use. Using the more manual settings are a little difficult but beginners can start out with the various automatic settings. The only small issue I have is the standard lens that came with it-- it takes much longer and is louder than usual to focus. My boyfriend has the same camera/lens and it didn't have that problem.
Genn S.
Great entry level semi-pro/starter camera. Takes gorgeous pictures and HD video perfect for capturing every family or social event. Comes with photo software for computer or easily syncs with whatever programs you already work with. It's light weight and easily transportable at a decent price without breaking the bank. I actually bought this for before and after photos and videos for makeup work and ended up doing so much more with it
Alex  C.
Parlin, NJ
I have been using this entry-level DSLR since it came out a few years ago. It has held up through trips to a volcanic, ashy Indonesia and the mountains of South Korea. It may not be the absolute flashiest in any settings but it does everything reasonably well. Autofocus points and low-light imaging aren't its highlights, but for the price, it isn't meant to be. Any budding junior photographer who wants to learn or experiment should absolutely grab one of these. Take the savings and buy some quality lenses, as that will do significantly more than overspending on a body early on.
Carla B.
Manassas, VA
This is my first DSLR camera, and I'm so thrilled with it. I've been using it for a few years and it is still going strong. It's easy to maneuver, and learn. This would be a good camera to start off with for those dabbling in digital photography.

The battery lasts awhile. I usually have to switch it out after 2-3 days of only shooting occasionally.

I took a photography workshop and the pro photographer gave this as a tip: you don't have to keep buying new cameras. The most important things to upgrade are your lenses.
Sarah H.
Orlando, FL
I had used a Rebel XT for years until the focusing mirrors broke, this was what I upgraded to!

I use my DR pretty often for a variety of shot types and this rebel conquers it all. Image quality is crisp and the video is seamless and auto focuses fairly accurately. The camera is also pretty lightweight as far as DSLRs go, which is a relief when doing long shoots. The icing on the cake, however, is the price. With newer models having been released, the drop in price makes this a fantastic camera for anyone.
tasha c.
SENOIA, GA
I love Canon products because for me, they are very user friendly. I have this camera and love it. I do photography on the side and while there are upgraded versions of this now that may be better suited for some needs, I have no issues with mine! It works great, great quality, and does just what I need it to do. I'm a firm believer that a great photographer can take quality photos with any camera, so to upgrade outside of my budget based on "it will take better pictures" just isn't an option for me! I haven't had any complaints yet! :)
Emily L.
This was the camera I started out with when I went into college for photography. It's a great camera for a beginner or a hobbyist who wants to take higher quality photos. Canons are simple to navigate. The only reason I upgraded eventually was because as someone becoming a professional photographer I needed a full frame camera and this is a crop sensor
Carol S.
Norwich , CT
I have been nothing but pleased with this camera. I got this last year and have used it for personal pictures of my family and to take pictures while on vacation, I've used it for friends' family portraits, and I've used it for nature photography. I plan to get a macro lens, but even without it, I'm very happy with the pictures I can take.
Tabitha S.
Canon or Nikon camera? I have been looking into getting a new camera and I am debating between the two brands.
Dria D.
What is the leaning curve on this? Easy for beginners?
Miranda M.
Virginia Bch, VA
I am thinking b of getting this camera . Anyone else try it
Miriam C.
Burlington, CT
How is the picture quality with action shots? My little one is almost at the age of starting sport I want a camera that will take great action shots of him playing.
Amoree S.