BY CANON #6 in SLRs

• I'm really interested in getting a DSLR camera. I intend ...1 Answers
  • What is the leaning curve on this? Easy for beginners?7 Answers
  • I need to have this!!! Any thoughts in this one?3 Answers
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
  • "I have always been a Canon fan from my original 35mm to my first DSLR and now my newest is the Canon T2i." in 12 reviews
  • "I think it is a great camera if you want to get into photography without spending too much money." in 11 reviews
  • "I have been using this entry-level DSLR since it came out a few years ago." in 8 reviews
  • "I switched from a Kodak camera, to this Canon as my first dSLR camera and the transition was very easy." in 6 reviews
  • "This DSLR is fantastic for a starter camera for someone who wants to learn more about shooting manual, etc." in 6 reviews
Maureen C.
Halifax, NS
I've owned this since shortly after it was released. It's a great camera, I put it through A LOT.

The photos are great, and video quality is excellent. The internal mic is actually better than I expected from an internal mic. You can buy an external, but it has to be a mono mic, stereo mics don't work.

It handles high iso very well.

I don't find it very bulky or heavy, which was a very important factor in purchasing, as I'm smaller framed. I take my camera everywhere, and also tend to cover festivals, so weight & size was important.

The focus is off just a smidge on mine, and it's definitely not a user issue. Higher end cameras let you manually adjust the focal plane, the rebels don't. A drawback if you need precise focusing with a wide open aperture.

Also, when recording video at the highest setting, Canon put in a 12 minute limit. There is a hack to make it automatically start recording again, but it still stops at 12 minutes no matter what and you lose 1-2 seconds each time. You can get up to 24 minutes by lowering the video quality.

I'd still definitely recommend this camera, or any rebels, to amateurs or semi pro's who don't need lengthy recording time. Although, at this point, I might look at a newer model. Cameras do have a life span, and this one hasn't been produced since June 2012.
Joe G.
Techie Expert Level 1
Hi Mi name is Joe My channel youtube is ''Droshee''
I find it very professional I am from venezuela and this is great and I would like to have it someday and get to try it I do video review, tutorials, about photography, Make up, Cameras, Phone etc! soo really really good camera quisiera tenerla algun dia y me gustaria hacerle un review!
Oumaima t.
Casablanca
Techie Expert Level 1
Hello,

My name is Oumaima from Morocco exactly Casablanca I'm a fashion blogger , I have an instagram account with more than 12k  followers . I see your products and I really love your brand .

I send you this message for make a collaboration with you , I will be so happy to review your products in my account  and share it with my followers .

I'm waiting for you
Khalil Jabrane l.
Safi
Techie Expert Level 2
Hello! My name is khalil jabrane lanyar , i am an influncer and blogger  from Morocco. I really like your product , it's very interesting. I was thinking about making a collaboration with you! I'd like to promote it on My social medias and I would be aple to put together a honest blog post review.
Rohniyah M.
Overall a good high quality camera within the budget. I've had this camera for years and it has done the job considering good quality pictures. The only con I can say is that when I started getting into recording videos I realized it doesn't automatically focus while in record mode :(
Juan Diego d.
Manizales
es una buena camara y tiene muy buena calidad así como permite una buena grabación de vídeo, es una gama semi-profesional y perfecta para las personas que quieren empezar en la fotografía, posee muy buena calidad y su compatibilidad con flashes y lentes análogos es perfecta.
Rania S.
sfax tunisia
Canon wow just wow I can't imagine camera better then this I didn't buy it but I'd love to use it to know more about it my uncle always use and the pictures always the best for me it's so realible and amazing I'd love to recommend it of corse to test it
Odlaniel B.
A camera of very high capacity, meets every one of my whims, without a doubt this camera does not disappoint and Canon always fulfills what was promised, I only had the opportunity to try it since it has a friend, but I would like to have one of my own Try it!
Michele M.
St Catharines, ON
I love my little camera it's been almost a year since I bought it. I'm an enthusiastic of photography and since I bought it I've learnt a lot more and my opinion is that if you are not a professional (and get paid) and you are not rich, you don't need more than this, you will only notice a reasonable change in better images with a full frame body but its much more expensive, so if you are looking for a crop sensor this is a great option because it's smaller than others. It's always better to put your money in glass just be careful and make sure that the lens you buy performs good in the camera, you can check the lab tests on dxomark. com, anyway this sl1 is a really good dslr that you can get with a decent budget. I would be happier with the articulated screen that the t5i has but you don't really need it.
Kristin G.
Kitchener , ON
This camera is the best. It is easy to use for beginners and also has all the options for more advanced photographers. The battery lasts a long time and charges quickly. My husband and I have used this camera to film short videos as well and we love the quality. We were surprised how good the sound is on the video. I would recommend this camera
Tabitha S.
Canon or Nikon camera? I have been looking into getting a new camera and I am debating between the two brands.
Dria D.
What is the leaning curve on this? Easy for beginners?
Miranda M.
Virginia Bch, VA
I am thinking b of getting this camera . Anyone else try it
Amoree S.
Apopka, Florida
Is This A Good Camera To YouTube With I Have Been Looking For A Good Camara
Miriam C.
Burlington, CT
How is the picture quality with action shots? My little one is almost at the age of starting sport I want a camera that will take great action shots of him playing.