Canon EOS Rebel T2i
#6 in SLRs
Top Questions See all 46 Q&A
- "I have always been a Canon fan from my original 35mm to my first DSLR and now my newest is the Canon T2i." in 12 reviews
- "I think it is a great camera if you want to get into photography without spending too much money." in 11 reviews
- "I have been using this entry-level DSLR since it came out a few years ago." in 8 reviews
- "I switched from a Kodak camera, to this Canon as my first dSLR camera and the transition was very easy." in 6 reviews
- "This DSLR is fantastic for a starter camera for someone who wants to learn more about shooting manual, etc." in 6 reviews
The photos are great, and video quality is excellent. The internal mic is actually better than I expected from an internal mic. You can buy an external, but it has to be a mono mic, stereo mics don't work.
It handles high iso very well.
I don't find it very bulky or heavy, which was a very important factor in purchasing, as I'm smaller framed. I take my camera everywhere, and also tend to cover festivals, so weight & size was important.
The focus is off just a smidge on mine, and it's definitely not a user issue. Higher end cameras let you manually adjust the focal plane, the rebels don't. A drawback if you need precise focusing with a wide open aperture.
Also, when recording video at the highest setting, Canon put in a 12 minute limit. There is a hack to make it automatically start recording again, but it still stops at 12 minutes no matter what and you lose 1-2 seconds each time. You can get up to 24 minutes by lowering the video quality.
I'd still definitely recommend this camera, or any rebels, to amateurs or semi pro's who don't need lengthy recording time. Although, at this point, I might look at a newer model. Cameras do have a life span, and this one hasn't been produced since June 2012.
I find it very professional I am from venezuela and this is great and I would like to have it someday and get to try it I do video review, tutorials, about photography, Make up, Cameras, Phone etc! soo really really good camera quisiera tenerla algun dia y me gustaria hacerle un review!
My name is Oumaima from Morocco exactly Casablanca I'm a fashion blogger , I have an instagram account with more than 12k followers . I see your products and I really love your brand .
I send you this message for make a collaboration with you , I will be so happy to review your products in my account and share it with my followers .
I'm waiting for you
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos