BY CANON #73 in Camera Lenses

For photographers and videographers looking to add versatility and range to their lens collection, the new ef-s 55-250mm f/4-5.6 is stm telephoto zoom lens is a dream come true. Compact and lightweight with optical image stabilizer for up to 3.5* equivalent stops of shake correction, it extends the camera's reach significantly, capturing sharp images of far away objects, even when handheld. It features canon's amazing stm stepping motor and a newly designed high-speed cpu, rear focus mechanism and improved af algorithm for high-speed performance, supporting canon's movie servo af for smooth, quiet and continuous focus... see more...

• I've never purchased a separate lens is this a good one to use fo...4 Answers
  • What camera do you own?1 Answers
Buy on Target
Sydney H.
Crown Point, IN
I got this lens and I use it with my Canon Rebel T5i. It's an amazing lens, I can even take some decent pictures of the moon with it. It captures clear, precise, and stunning photos. The zoom is perfect.
Neida A.
GAINESVILLE, FL
My canon ef 55-250mm lens is amazing and something you should have in your photography kit due to the range. Furthermore, the lens is small and light which is great for those that are traveling and don't want to carry a heavy lens (for those that are new to DSLR, some lenses can get VERY HEAVY, very fast after a while of carrying it and taking pictures). I definitely feel this is a must buy for the non-professional enthusiast.
#canon
Cassandra C.
Fairfax, MN
This lens came with my first cannon body...it's a good starter, or personal use lens, but thats about it. I know that buying Canon brand lenses means that you are going to get better quality results, but I just have not been impressed with it. Pushing the zoom to the limit produces grainy and fuzzy images. If you want sharpness and quality, you are going to have to pay a couple thousand. Despite the f4 focal range, you can manipulated your image plane and capture a shallow depth of field for portraiture if you wish, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. Probably best uses are for those who cant afford a more expensive lens, or the ameture.
Luke T.
Mount Holly, NC
This lens is great considering its price. Its long range in focal distance is excellent for quickly zooming in or out. It is not a great low-light lens, as its min. aperature is f4 @ 55mm. If you are looking for a fast lens for sports or action moving photography, I would suggest looking for a prime with a lower f-stop.
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
I love photohraphy, I am not a professional, but I do enjoy taking pictures. The Canon lens are my favorite. They are easy to replace, simple instructions and easy to follow. I think sometimes the price is a little high, but that is what you pay for good quality.
palak p.
Macon, GA
First of all, it's not something i would invest for, but it's definitely something to start off with.
It's great given the price, but I've had better ones in the past!
Ashleigh M.
Beaumont, CA
This is a pretty low end lens. It's a great walk about lens for the armature or someone learning photography, but not in anyway an "investment"
Arjun C.
This is a good budget telephoto lens for beginner DSLR users. It has got IS(Image stabilization) which can come in really handy. Using it is pretty straight forward. And when it comes to reliability it is amazing. I have dropped it once from a height of over 4 feet and it still works like a charm. I would recommend this as a great started option for beginners. Canon EF-S 55-250-mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for
Irene G.
leganes
It is totally one of those lenses you need to have. I take it to all my trips and I am able to capture many flying birds and animals that I wont be able to picture if I will have to get close to them.
Chantay W.
I've never purchased a separate lens is this a good one to use for beginners?
Yarikza A.