BY CANON #58 in Camera Lenses

The canon 6310b002 ef 40mm f/2.8 stm lens offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design. Incredibly compact in size, the ef 40mm f/2.8 stm delivers high image quality from the center to the periphery thanks to its advanced lens configuration including an aspherical element, a bright 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional color balance. The ef 40mm f/2.8 stm's unobtrusive design helps the photographer avoid overwhelming their subjects with a large lens and to remain discreet in sensitive shooting situations with no compromise in performance. Its diminutive design is... see more...

• Would you suggest this as a decent portrait lens for a 70D?2 Answers
Buy on Target*
Peter G.
Brooklyn, NY
I picked one of these up on EBay dirt cheap, FAST silent focus and delicious creamy Bokeh. works reasonably well on my Sony A7 using the Commlite EF to Sony E mount adapter. on Canon body of course it functions even better. the small size belies its quality. another inexpensive gem for Full Frame use.
Jay B.
Winston Salem, NC
Although I do not use this lens that often, I have find myself to be very pleased with the image that it can create! The 40mm is similar to the 50, just a wider frame. If you are working in a small inclosed area, then I would urge you to get the 40 over the 50!
Farrah W.
San Antonio, TX
Ah, the pancake lens. I know a lot of people say that a 50mm lens is a must, but this one was on sale at BestBuy a couple of years ago and it exceeds my expectations. When I'm travelling, this lens pretty much stays on my camera the entire time. Yes, I would definitely recommend it.
Peter N.
One of the sharpest lenses I own. Takes great pictures and is a great portrait lense.
angel t.
Really good lense very lightweight takes good quality pics and vids easy to carry around easy to use
Jennifer J.
I really didn't know what to think of this pens when I bought it. I just couldn't comprehend how it could be THAT much better than my 50mm lens. Whoa. This lens is phenomenal. Photos are crisp. The response of focus is immediate. It's just an amazing lens. This is my go to when I don't need zoom capabilities.
Crystajlove
Dallas , TX
I have this lens and surprisingly it works quite well for filming my YouTube videos. I'm very tech savvy and this lens works great for my beauty pictures on IG And for filming. The only complaint is that when using this if you need to zoom in there isn't a zoom in option cause it is a pancake lens.
Ali P.
Regina, SK
Perfect lens for portraits with close-ups! Very lightweight, and takes amazing pictures!
nichole e.
Hopefully this will be one of my next lenses, would love to use it for portraits!
Minnaleah M.
Boca Raton, FL
Would you suggest this as a decent portrait lens for a 70D?