CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser

by cannuka

Cannuka's Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser is a light and fluffy face cleanser that gently removes even the toughest makeup and impurities, while infusing rich moisture into your skin for a younger-looking glow. Made with our signature combination of CBD and Manuka Honey, this bouncy gel balm transforms into a silky lather that soothes the skin, leaving it blissfully soft and supple without any residue.Why It's effective:Cannuka pairs the best of nature with science. The combination of CBD and Manuka Honey is known to calm and soothe the skin. Also infused with Grapefruit and Sea Buckthorn, this lightweight balm renews and instantly cleanses all makeup, leaving behind a fresh face that's balanced and radiant.

I’m looking for a clean facial cleanser for oily acne prone skin. I found the brand cannuka is their CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser good?
Start your review of CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser!
Natalie L.
Ann Arbor, MI
Purchased at: ULTA
I'm having trouble rating this, but I think I'd give it a solid 3.5 stars. I like it, it's just I don't love it. This is normally $34 on Ulta, but I got it for 50% off through an exclusive app promotion during Ulta's 21 days of beauty sale. I like that it's natural and gluten free. I like that it has honey (I try to be vegan but I like responsibility sourced honey in my skincare). And with CBD skincare being such a trend, I can't believe this is the first product I'll trying! You can kinda see in the photos, but the liquid and solid kind of separate, but I assume it's because it's natural. It really does only take a dime sized amount (I was using too much at first and the instructions say pea sized). It blends and foams well when I rub it into my hands. It's not as moisturizing as I expected, but it's what I need now. During winter I have super dry skin and this wouldn't have been enough. Now, as it warms up I have dry/combo skin and this is the right amount. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, or break me out This is where I hesitate. I bought this for the honey, but it's the last ingredient. Instead it smells like the grapefruit, and has a pulp like feeling I'm assuming from the fruit. I'm not sure the CBD is actually doing anything, but that could be that I'm not as familiar with that ingredient. I don't think I'd repurchase at $34, but if it's around $17 when my skin is in the dry/combo phase I might consider it. There are a lot of other natural products with CBD or honey in them, and since this wasn't an oh I love it but more of an I just like it ok, I'll probably try other things instead of coming back to this.
Andrea Z.
Sykesville, MD
CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser uploaded by Andrea Z.
This isn't my favorite cleansing balm, but it is pretty nice. I think it would be great for dry, very sensitive skin that needs some extra nourishment. It has a thicker texture than many balms but melts down into a smooth oil. I wish it removed waterproof mascara better, but it easily handles the rest of my makeup without leaving behind a residue. Overall it's a good product - it's just not the best product for my skin needs!
Rebecca D.
CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser uploaded by Rebecca D.
Purchased at: Space NK
This is a fantastic product! It feels so moisturizing! Definitely will purchase the full size!
Jamie R.
Townsend, DE
I absolutely love this cleansing balm. in fact I think it may be my favorite, it feels Soo good, it's hydrating but no residue. Packaging is great as well, I don't think they offer any big sizes though, and for the size, that's the only thing that holds me back from being a steady customer is the price for what you get. Other than the price, this is an amazing balm and I love that it has honey too. But I'm not willing to drop more than $30 tops on a full size balm. But I did just check the price, and there's a sale right now on sephora's website so it's 17 instead of 34, so if you like this, get it while you can! CBD is great for dry skin in winter! I'm thinking I'm getting a Christmas present for myself!
Lili M.
I bought this during @ultabeauty’s 21 days of beauty sale to try and I ended up loving it! This is the first product that I’ve tried from @cannuka and I’m impressed. From their website, the brand combines cannabis and manuka honey (thus, cannuka 😉) in their products and only includes essential beneficial ingredients in their products. Ah-mazing! 👏 I use this product as a second cleanser and it takes all the gunk off without stripping my skin. In terms of consistency, the gel-like balm quickly turns into a nice gentle lather when mixed with water (see slide 4). It also has a lovely faint citrus smell. This cleanser leaves my skin smooth, clean and soft. I love that the ingredient list is pretty short with only 12 ingredients. I recently discovered @incidecodercom and it’s a great resource to understand the purpose of ingredients in your products! Overall, my skin is enjoying this cleanser. It has peaked my curiosity and now I want to try more from @cannuka! That said, the price is pretty high for what it is. $34 is the retail price but luckily i was able to get it on sale for $17. I will need to try more products around the $15-$20 range to see if this is worth the price tag. Price: $34 (I got it on sale for $17! Thanks @ultabeauty!)
Aleah M.
Bristow, VA
I got this in a FabFitFun box and I'm on my second bottle. I love how this leaves my skin feeling clean and moisturized.
Emma F.
CANNUKA Purifying Gel Balm Cleanser uploaded by Emma F.
It's a balmy gel texture that, when wet, creates a silky light lather that removes makeup, sunscreen and dirt. It leaves my skin feeling very nourished and clean. I am a huge fan of Manuka honey in skincare and I'm learning more about CBD as well. Manuka honey comes from bees that pollinate from Tea Trees near the colony. That means you get the benefits of tea tree, as well as amino acids. CBD has been shown to reduce redness and inflammation. Overall, I dig this stuff! Good as a first in a double cleanse. It leaves my face feeling soft and supple. It has trouble with my mascara if I don't use enough. The product calls for a pea sized about but I have to use more like a quarter size to get my mascara, and I don't even use water proof @cannuka gifted this to me in exchange for an honest review.
Megan C.
Painesville, OH
I only used this product for maybe a week so I cant really say too much about it, but in that week I didn't see any significant changes in my skin. Another downfall was that when I used my toner after cleansing there was so much makeup leftover that I had to wash again. So maybe it's because I wear a lot of makeup but this cleanser didn't clean my skin like I wanted it too. It had a nice jelly like texture with a more moderate lather, which I thought felt nice. Other than that it was not for me.
Andrea V.
Oceanside, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this product! I bought it on a whim, and boy am I glad that I did! It has a unique lather, cleanses my face very well and doesn’t dry my skin out. I’m left with glowing skin when I use this. It is pricey, but I feel that it’s a good value for what you pay because of the natural and high quality ingredients. I have read reviews where people said they issues with getting the product out of the tube, but I haven’t had any problems with mine. I would definitely recommend this product and repurchase!
Rae H.
Tullahoma, TN
Purchased at: ULTA
I received this as a sample. I’m very impressed with this cleanser. I live the citrus smell and the feel of it on my face. When applied you feels these little bubbles all over your face and it’s so refreshing.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Chelsea  L.
il y a 2 ans
Jamie R. il y a un an
I love this balm, but if you're like me and don't wear makeup every day, Its only good for makeup days because as someone with combo-dry acne prone skin, any balm is just too stripping of oils for me in winter time, unless I have makeup on and need that thickness, vs. a normal oil cleanser. I've been enjoying this balm but it's not available in a large enough size, and the price is awfully high for a cleanser of any kind. So this balm is great, I like it more than drunk elephants melting butter even, but the price is a big issue considering the size you get. I'd stick with a lighter oil cleanser if you're a CYSTer, with acne like me! P. S, I've been enjoying the Hado Labo (light) oil cleanser. (They have a rich one too) and I got it cheap on eBay, but Amazon has refills for only $11! Dr. Dray, a dermatologist on youtube is always recommending it so I tried it and have been loving how it feels. Good luck!