Canadian Club Rye Whiskey uploaded by Michelle D.

BY CANADIAN CLUB #83 in Whiskey

• What do you like about this? What do you mix it with? How...2 Answers
  • This is a smooth whiskey. I enjoy the rich but subtle fla...2 Answers
  • How do you think this rye whiskey compares to others on t...2 Answers
Ginny R.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I drink this because it is what my father keeps on hand. It has a great price and tastes... like whiskey. Let's be honest. This is getting mixed with stuff. Ginger Ale, or Not Your Father's Ginger Ale from Smalltown Brewery. So yeah, I would buy it again, and I do, regularly.
Angel F.
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
We had "shots" of this 2 saturdays ago at our weekly neighborhood gathering and boy oh boy. The guys definitely loved it, i didnt enjoy it as much as they did. It was too strong and the after taste was too much like it lingered for so long even after watering it down with other drinks. This drink got our friend alcohol poisoned.
Stormy W.
Bowling Green, OH
As far as drinking goes, whiskey is my absolute go to and after trying multiple different brands.. I always seem to come back to Canadian Club! It's entirely affordable and can be purchased at almost any local liquor store. It pairs perfectly with a dark soda (in my opinion) or even alone.
Samatha B.
Arlington, KY
Canadian Club is a good whiskey for it's price. Being raised in KY where it's bourbon nation, this is well made. Having a Rye whiskey is a hit or miss, and for this certain brand it is well made. It is very smooth and pairs great w any thing, or even by itself.
Fatima C.
Gardena, CA
I was actually looking for a rye whiskey when I came across Canadian Club. Having scoured all the local off-licences, and received lots of funny looks, I was relieved to come across some staff who had some idea what I was talking about. He said the closest thing they had was this: a blended Canadian whisky, which was indeed made using rye.
Brian H.
Plymouth, MI
I spent some time in Canada and Canadian Club is definitely the Great White North's version of Jack Daniels. While Jack is much sweeter, Canadian Club holds its own as a great casual whiskey to mix with soda, (especially coca cola & ginger ale) and sour mix. I really enjoy a Canadian Club and ginger ale every once in awhile. Another benefit of Canadian Club is its affordability compared to its quality.
Susy P.
Bailey, CO
I started drinking Canadian Club in my late teens coupled with Coke, and then slinging it back on its own. It's a really really sweet whiskey. I'm not even sure I could put it in the same category as most other ryes but hell, it still tastes good and it's not even remotely expensive.
I happen to be a fan of whiskeys. Though not my absolute fav, Canadian Club is still pretty good. I mixed it diet 7-up, a squeeze of lemon juice, added a little cherry juice and threw in lemon wedge and cherry for garnish.... YUM! I think this would be good in a punch bowl.
Krista B.
Easthampton, MA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This was one of the first whiskey's I ever tried and it was one of my grandfathers favorites. I think it's a good quality and I could drink it straight without choking. I'm sure there's better out there but the nostalgia factor is high for me on this one.
Cynthia J.
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
The is not for the faint of heart, that being said, Canadian Club is awesome with Coke, and in a pinch it makes a great mouth rinse if you have a toothache, I am not even kidding!
Lee Anne R.
Monticello, IN
How do you drink your Canadian Club?
Amanda P.
Trenton, NS
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
This is a smooth whiskey. I enjoy the rich but subtle flavors. This is a great whiskey on it's own or in a mixed drink.
Morgan I.
Fitchburg, WI
How do you think this rye whiskey compares to others on the market (Bullett Rye, Knob Creek, Templeton Rye)?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What do you like about this? What do you mix it with? How many shots straight of this till you're nice and tipsy? Cause any hangovers? What whiskey do you prefer other than this?
Will S.
Newport, OR
How do you feel about CC in a very whiskey forward drink like a manhattan?