Personal CareEye, Ear, & OralOral CareCampho-phenique
Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel

Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel

Campho-Phenique® Maximum Strength Medicated Original Gel Formula Cold Sore Treatment.

Specially formulated for cold sores/fever blisters.

Helps prevent infection to promote healing.

Bayer.

Instantly relives pain & itch.

I see many good reviews but unfortunately I really don't like this product. It definitely doesn't work as fast as they say and it burns my lips off. My question is: what are your other go to lip care products?
Ok - this isn't a question, but want to say "yay" because I found this page. A few years ago someone recommended this product to me and it sounded great. I wanted to try it, but low and behold I forgot the name. All I could remember was that it sounded like "campfire" and I asked and searched everywhere for it. I googled cold sore remedies and for whatever reason could never find anything even close. After seeing and reading this - I'm pretty sure this is it!! So Thank You!! :) I'm happy to see nothing but great reviews on it too!
Start your review of Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel!
Product Highlights
Ok, let's be real: cold sores are gross. We don't want anyone to see us when we have one and pray they go away FAST! Well, this product will help that. It numbs the pain and dries it as well. Luckily I don't get them often but I like knowing that this medicine is in the cabinet waiting for me if I do.in reviews
...powers. First, it numbs the cold sore. Then it dries it out, making the healing process start faster and preventing it from growing. This is something to keep in your medicine cabinet at all times. If it's applied at first hint of a cold store, it nips it in the bud before it gets noticeable!in reviews
...reviews i could say i love it i am seeing a difference in just two days the cold sores has been minimizing i highly recomend it in reviews
I combine this and abreva and get pretty good results, cold sores usually are gone within 3-4 days for me. in reviews
Angelique H.
Northlake, IL
Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel uploaded by Angelique H.
Purchased at: Walmart
Suffer from cold sores! This product works wonders! I love it! I have repurchased it several times!
Ashley H.
Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel uploaded by Ashley H.
I don’t think this is a real medication like abreeva is. I was trying to save money but I think this is more for the purpose of numbing, and less for the purpose of actually healing. It is effective at numbing though if that’s what you’re looking for. It’s pretty easy to slide into your mouth though, so be careful and don’t use this if you will be eating or talking or something a lot.
Katie T.
Walnut Ridge, AR
This stuff might have a strong smell but it has super powers. First, it numbs the cold sore. Then it dries it out, making the healing process start faster and preventing it from growing. This is something to keep in your medicine cabinet at all times. If it's applied at first hint of a cold store, it nips it in the bud before it gets noticeable!
Marjorie S.
Newport News, VA
1,077 reviews
Purchased at: Walmart
Love this product because every time I feel a cold coming on I use this product and the cold sore never appear. It makes the burning sensation disappear. I will always use this product and recommend others to try.
MARIA G.
Denver, CO
Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel uploaded by MARIA G.
Ya hice el review en la foto que subi. Hago mis reviews en ingles y en español para poder ayudar a mas personas con las recomendaciones
Retisha R.
new york
Campho-Phenique Medicated Cold Sore Treatment Maximum Strength Original Gel uploaded by Retisha R.
There's nothing to be ashamed of if you're one of those persons that gets cold sores. Its common. This products really helps. As soon as I feel a tingling feeling around my lip area I apply this and it prevents it from swelling. It has a medicated smell but that's okay.
Shellie M.
Purchased at: Walmart
I get sun blisters, aka cold sores from over exposure to the sun. They're ugly and gross, campho phenique dries then out and gets me looking normal super fast. We all know the expensive product that makes big claims. But guess what, your body becomes resistant to that over time, not champo phenique. It's a drying agent that works every time, and for the price you can get 4 tubes of this vs one of the "other" brand.
Jessica  S.
I’ve used this stuff since I was a little kid! My grandparents ALWAYS had it on hand & would Hand it to me when I had a cold sore & it works wonders!! Stops the pain almost instantly & is really really effective. I HIGHLY recommend this product!
Stephanie D.
Blackwood, NJ
I don't see many people speaking about this product but they need to! Whenever I have a cold sore or feel one coming on I immediately put it on my lip and I feel the product working instantly. I have repurchased this many times and it is a great price.
Kelli F.
Beech Grove, IN
I immediately started using this when I felt a cold sore coming. I applied the medicine every time I thought of it. Dried my lips but worked to get rid of the cold sore.